Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] World Quest Additions

Comments

• JoystickJungJoystickJung
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 585
    Once again the world quests mostly feel unrewarding and uninteresting.

Games like Runescape are renown for their questing due to their unlocking of special rewards, areas, and scenes that are not found anywhere else in the game.

Maplestory 2's World Quests seem to favor text-skipping and have no real value that you can't find in something more entertaining and interesting.
    DanDK
  • KeitaecatKeitaecat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,935
    Due to work I didn't manage to finish every world quest, I think I missed about 20 of them total...sad times. And while they're an...alright...addition, there are some glaring issues.

First, I do want to start on a positive note. I like how they do give you some trophies and dyes for your time, and a lot of people didn't bother exploring the other parts of the world map so this will give them a reason to do so. I also do like the quests that you have defeat some of the world bosses since that can bring the community together and world bosses are cool regardless.

I assume the main reason we got the world quests added even though they were taken out of the Korean version of MS2, is due to some members of the community not liking how you were forced to do the questline to hit level 50, as well as the world feeling somewhat pointless without them. That's all well and dandy but they don't give enough experience to warrant doing them, the only reason I did them was mainly because I like doing everything a game has to offer but also some of them gave trophies. Other than that, I cannot see someone tackling them at the right levels to try and level up a bit, it barely gives anything...Some of the quests are downright stupid though...I managed to find a quest to defeat a world boss 50 times as well as Pyrros Fard 50 times (this one is easy since I needed to clear him a lot for my gear but still...) The rewards did not look worth it at all and I would be surprised if anyone else even considers clearing these two quests.
  • CattersCatters
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,145
    The World Quests were a lot of fun and a lot of them added some nice charactization to otherwise empty maps and NPCs that seemed to have no purpose, but as others have said the EXP that you get from them seems quite low? The equipment you get from some of them is nice, especially while leveling up, but it felt like whenever I was doing a world quest that didn't give me a reward that I was wasting time that I could be doing something else. Maybe having them give a bit more EXP overall or give more rewards such as additional potions or mesos? The system is definitely an improvement over epic quest or bust but it's just short of being good!
    DanDKMistermoon
  • PiasekPiasek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 2:54PM August 1, 2018
    I found a bug or something will need to be changed.
    In quests like "hit monster with ... (sign, trashcane, smth) actually you don't need to hit a monster because you're getting points just from "empty" attack, without vicitim. :)

https://ibb.co/dmMfRK

dmMfRK
  • ImutoneImutone
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,120
    I'm also requesting better rewards.
  • SEGASEGA
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 905
    edited 3:54PM August 2, 2018
    World Quests Don't Seem To Give Off Any Kind Of Excitement Or Interests Due To The Lack Of Reward Quality That It Provides And The Amount Of Experience It Gives When You're In Same Range Level With The Purpose Of Leveling Up. The Difficulty When It Comes To Fighting World Bosses For World Quests Can Be Seen As Competitive But I Personally Feel As If The Items That World Bosses Drops Does Not Correspond With The Difficulty. These Quests Should Have Better Rewards.
  • VPencilVPencil
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 670
    edited 5:32PM August 2, 2018
    EmmaClarke wrote: »
    So I love that Nexon brought these back for GMS2 I never played the KMS2 version, but I really feel like they have potential. World quest need to have their EXP and rewards buffed possibly on par with the storyline if it wouldn't ruin the sense of progression with it. I tried out a few of them and I enjoyed how they offered variety in their structures sometimes it was a world boss sometimes it was a fetch quest. Just the reward wasn't good, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth doing just if you are trying to get to level 50 it might be best to try something else.

I hope you guys will continue to work on them and make them something fun and show KMS2 that they can work. :)

I had this happen to me too. I had to go back to the character screen and re-enter in order to get the proper fight to initiate.
  • VPencilVPencil
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 670
    Exiga is right. I love the World Quests, really, because they're interesting, but they payoff is so ridiculously low that it's not worth the quest. For example, I fought Doondun with about five other people for thirty minutes straight, just for about 400 EXP (when I was already level twenty-something at the time) and a couple of red potions. It was nothing. You get that from moving trees in other quests! At least give some better potions and GOOD ITEMS. It doesn't even have to be a lot of EXP, just give me stuff and maybe mesos if I'm gonna consume twenty potions and a lot of time to beat the quest.
  • MarkMMarkM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 11,570
    I may be beating a dead horse here, but I do agree with pretty much everyone else's sentiments. I'm glad that they brought the World Quests back for our version of the game, as they give players more options to reach level 50. But the rewards from completing World Quests aren't in any way comparable to the Epic quest line. Beef up rewards from the World Quests so that it can be a viable route to 50.

Something that I'd like to add that wasn't mentioned prior is that I liked how World Quests progressed naturally from one map to a neighboring map. I experimented with trying to level a character purely on World Quests -- ignoring the Epic quests entirely -- and found that the World Quests would push the player to explore the overworld naturally. I would complete a series of quests on the same map, level up, and then find that the next available World Quests would take me one map over. This is much better than the progression forced by the Epic quest line which had the player frantically moving back and forth between disconnected maps.
    TylerTheDragonVPencilSubglaciousBedDavebolder_tasteNimioDanDKMistermoon
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,745
    After completing 178 world quests I have to admit that I enjoyed exploring Maple World and discovering tidbits of lore hidden behind repetitive "kill XYZ monster(s)", "fetch XYZ item(s)" tasks, it felt like natural progression through the means of exploration. They also introduced some incentive to fight field bosses and told a story about origin of their corruption, it provided additional flavor to me as I'm more inclined to lore hunting.

The most memorable ones were: Roanna Levematri's and Alberto's plot (Jealousy's Toll), origin of Flying Pig in "Don't Let Your Dreams Be Dreams", connection to fairy tales in "The Toad Prince" and to the plot of boroboros from Cherry Blossom Forest Adventure Dungeon, Ruff's Hollow location, some tidbits about frozen community of Logger's Hill in "A Granddaughter's Plight", pizza delivery tasks as well as amateur jumping steps in "Delivery a Dream" and "Steps to Success", tidbits about monsters hidden behind the pages of books.
    The ones which triggered a red sign were the ones that required killing Pyrros Fard and Shoo and Booboo 50 times: "[World] Extreme Audacity", "(Dungeon) A Reason to Train". I considered them not worth doing during CBT2 at all.

The rewards are symbolic (even underwhelming) and deemed souvenir junk to fill my inventory as leveling curve is so fast that any gear from world quest is outleveled by equipment gathered through dungeons. Material quest rewards feel soulless and their description is rather devoid of any referrence to Maple World, I'd expect them to have a sense of humor specific to the original franchise. I'd like to suggest developers to provide additional World Quests but concentrate more on different, much more interesting patterns than kill monsters and fetch items. Let some Maplers engage into Party/Jump Quests and co-operate together to solve some detective riddles, give them tasks that require some teamwork, agility, life skills, quest items made through crafting, logical thinking, using appropriate emotes, etc.
    MarkMVPencilTylerTheDragonbolder_tasteDanDKTamakiSakuraMistermoon
  • meeoutzidemeeoutzide
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 685
    I liked the world quest. They helped me explore the world maps.
    The jump quests were fun.
    I have read the previous comments and I didn't think about about the rewards. The reward I got the most was the feeling that I was able to finish the quest - a satisfaction award.
  • XxViBeXxViBe
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,295
    I like the idea of world quests for when you need some extra experience to catch up on levels for the epic quest but the exp doesnt even come close to being what it needs to be to make them a viable alternative. The rewards also need to be better if we are to feel more inclined to go do them after we hit max level.
  • KiwouixFRKiwouixFR
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,400
    Up reward and make repeatable quest PLZ !? we need somthing to farm against dungeon limit.
  • SmashSenpaiSmashSenpai
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,420
    Experience the life of a fed-ex delivery driver! Moving arbitrary packages from one location to the next!

If it follows the traditional mold of: kill, fetch, deliver, I'm not interested. Surely enough, it was all of them.

Surely, you have at least ONE quest that doesn't do these things? Let me solve a puzzle! Deliver something that's not an item, like a person on my friend's list! Build something on a plot of land that belongs to an npc!

Surely, the NA MS2 team likely can make at least ONE new features. All you can do is copy failed features from KR.
    DanDK
  • NavokiNavoki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    I liked the variety that was in these quests, but i felt the overall rewards were lacking.

I did them because they did provide additional potions an some XP, but unless it was a unique quest such as delivering the pizza I didnt really have fun doing them. Some that even took to long to complete I simply abandoned not wanting to waste time.

Id suggest making them have items worth obtaining? Overall XP gathering is already pretty decent.
  • SymphobiaSymphobia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 815
    I understand nexon is just trying to confirm this feature will not work in NA as well as previous region optimizations. World quests currently give no good reward, it's just there as a time waster. There are currently much better alternatives to gain EXP faster, such as exploration and instrument play. World quests can stay, but revert the epic quest line exp nerf. It is very stupid to nerf epic quest line exp to create a level gap between per storyline, to encourage players to explore other features. The game doesn't even start until lv50, faster we get there, the faster we get to explore more features. Reducing the grind time from lv1-50 is in everyone's interests, don't make leveling a chore.

Revert the epic quest line exp, no more testing phase please, learn from KMS2 + CMS2
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,510
    Symphobia wrote: »
    I understand nexon is just trying to confirm this feature will not work in NA as well as previous region optimizations. World quests currently give no good reward, it's just there as a time waster. There are currently much better alternatives to gain EXP faster, such as exploration and instrument play. World quests can stay, but revert the epic quest line exp nerf. It is very stupid to nerf epic quest line exp to create a level gap between per storyline, to encourage players to explore other features. The game doesn't even start until lv50, faster we get there, the faster we get to explore more features. Reducing the grind time from lv1-50 is in everyone's interests, don't make leveling a chore.

Revert the epic quest line exp, no more testing phase please, learn from KMS2 + CMS2

Listen to yourself dude.
    World Quests give no good reward -> buff epic quest more? wut?
    There are currently good alternatives to gaining EXP faster -> buff epic quest more? wut?
    World Quests should stay but buff epic quest so even less people will do world quests? wut?
    Nerfing epic quest encourages players to explore other features -> this is very stupid? wut?

The game doesn't start until 50? Um, what?
    Pre-50 stuff: Main quest, World quests, Exploration, Minigame events, World maps/events, Dungeons, Combat skills, Life Skills, Housing, Fishing, Music, Cosmetics, Socializing, Arcade
    Post-50 stuff: PvP, Raids

Are you sure you're in the right game?
    It takes 5-10 hours (depending on which CBT you played) to get to max level -> a chore? wut?
    Have you ever played a MMO before in your life?
    ClintJr
This discussion has been closed.