Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Overall Impressions

Comments

• DustyRollDustyRoll
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    Fix enemy HP scaling and its ready for release.
  • ZikyuZikyu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    I feel that the cut scenes is a bit too long for the epic quest would be nice if them for player that played through closed beta 2. Also would be nice if the 10 man dungeon performance can be made that it works with 4 man dungeons. Overall it was a really fun experience to play the game.
  • SHINcySHINcy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    Honestly loved this game, and enjoyed the small changes that had occurred. Only big problem i had was the wipe that really got me discouraged to play this time around. I'm just waiting for the full game to release so i can just enjoy it, and i can actually make a proper guild and socialize with people. I couldn't do it this round, because i knew my character would be wiped, as well as the guild and friend list......

enjoy this game very much, but the social aspect is so important.
    DividedFish
  • DividedFishDividedFish
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    So I'm going to try and be as detailed as possible with my overall impressions of the game, and go over what I enjoyed, as well as what I didn't. I would also like to note that I didn't get through 100% of the content, as that was more or less impossible in the timeframe that we had in CBT2. In fact, that's what brings me to my first pro.

PRO: The amount of content is enough. I got through the entire epic, but it took me quite a while. I made quite a few sheets of music, and I tried doing a lot of exploration. Some of the things I didn't get around to were the following: fishing, pets, home design, the crafting system, the black market, chaos adventures and raids, and PVP(Along with other stuff I'm probably missing). Right now, I'm fine with the amount of content.

PRO: The level of character customization and the Meret-Shop. The customization of characters in CBT2 was simply astounding! Every other player I met was completely unique, and that was truly amazing. Being able to make custom items is also a great concept too. I eagerly anticipated the blue-meret mail every day just so I could mess with my character's style. On that note, the Meret-Shop was pretty cool too. I kind of wished the items were slightly cheaper, but that's because I like editing my character too much. I would probably spend wayyy too much on messing with styles. On the note of the shop, this 'iteration' of Maplestory does not use cubes to change gear stats, and is all enchantment based. The game doesn't feel pay-to-win in any way whatsoever, at least for me(unless I completely missed or blanked on something).

PRO: The gameplay could be difficult at times. I went through the main epic by itself, and starting at around level 10 or so, enemies started scaling to be much more difficult to take down, at least on my end. I was more or less just using the gear given to me through the epic to complete the epic, so that may be why, but I'm still unsure as of now. And I'd say that boss fights were pretty difficult at times. But still very enjoyable.

PRO:The amount of events was nice.There were quite a few events going on. The most memorable one for me was the boss fights in Henesys with the CMs. I'd guess it was more or less for latency and ping testing, because my frames went to about .05FPS once Henesys got crowded with players. Of course, it's still in its beta, so the amounnt of events might have been a litte less than what the full release will have, and that's fine. I have 100% confidence that Nexon will run a plentiful amount of events upon the game's full release.

CON:The Epic.Now the epic was nice story-wise. However, the amount of cutscenes that were forced onto the player where they couldn't immediately be skipped were kind of overbearing. Another problem with the cutscenes was that the dialogue automatically scrolled on. If the player was a slow reader, or wanted to pause and go AFK, they may miss a vital or fun part of the story. The last problem I had with the epic was the where the story cut off. And that may be because the rest of the epic is still in development, or I missed something? But I really wish the ending didnt cur off the way it did. But otherwise, I had a really fun time with the story. And I think that I'm fine with doing the whole thing again once the game fully comes out, because the story is good enough that I'd say it's replayable, but not too much. I probably couldn't go through it more than 3 times.

PLEASE Nexon, it felt like the leveling was a little too fast. I think that 50 levels is a great maximum, but I wish that it took longer to get to level 50. It felt like going from 40 to 50 was almost as fast as going from 10 to 20, which is, in my opinion, a major problem.Now, for those that play mainly for pvp, this is nice since they can switch classes easier. But for a lot of players who quest and dungeon, it feels like it goes by pretty quickly, and it makes the leveling process a little less memorable, at least for me.

Overall, I thought the whole thing was absolutely fantastic. The experience is one I wouldn't trade for the world. And the maple community is very tight-knit and friendly, which is something I respect so much about the game. I sincerely hope that this game prospers, and I think it very well will. I can't wait to see everybody again in MS2!
    Mhysa
  • SEGASEGA
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 905
    edited 8:15PM August 2, 2018
    1: The Character Development Is Decent, But There Should Be An Option To Press A Key To Progress In Dialogue AND For The Skip Button To Skip The ENTIRE Animation Of The Dialogue Which Should Automatically Takes Us To A Loading Screen Sending Us To Our Next Default Designated Area.

2: There Should Be A Option To Change The Font Size Within The Chat Window. Whenever I Make The Chat Window Smaller Or Bigger It Stays The Same Size Regardless And Sometimes May Be Hard To Read When Many Different Things Are Happening On My Screen In Game.

3: The Mechanics Of This Game Reminds Me A Bit Of Elsword, Except For The PvP Part. I Have Not Tried Arena As Of Yet And I Am Not Sure If The Matchmaking Is Based Off Of Rank Or If Its Just Randomly Generated. Nor Am I Sure If The Result Of Battle Is Determined To The Player With A Higher Upper Advantage In Gear Or Weapon But If Thats The Case: Then Please Balance It By Keeping The Matchmaking To A Stabilized Rank Range With Gear That Is Only Equipable In PvP, Keeping It Separate From PvE Gear.

4: Mini Games Are All Fun And Stuff, However When Hosting Your Own Mini Games From Purchasing Them At The Shop: It Becomes Infuriating To Wait For The Timer To Go Down, There Should Be An Option To Start The Game Whenever The Host Sees Fit, Thus Disabling Further Entrance To The Mini Game And Starting It.

5: When It Comes To Combat And Traveling On Mounts, Stamina Seems Very Significant At Times, Whether It Is Consumption Or Regenerating It Is Very Dependable Especially In Combat. Who Knows When Our Enemies Will Attack Again, And How Big Their Hit Box Will Be, Not Only That But There Seems To Be A Pause Whenever We Can Dash Again Even When We Have Enough Stamina To Do So: Thus Decreases Our Chances Of Avoiding An Attack. What I Am Saying Is: If Possible Please Make The Dash Skills Chainable In A Way So That There Isn't A Pause Between Them. The Only Downfall To This Is If A Player Keeps Their Finger On The Key By Accident They Might Dash Their Way Into Harm Or Off The Map. I Don't Mind The Consumption Of Stamina But I Feel As If Regenerating Is Too Slow.

6: You've Done A Great Job Making The Atmosphere Fundamental For Our Players I Hope That More Can Be Added To It So That Players Can Have More Options In Procrastinating If They Don't Wanna Do Other Things, Don't Stop Here!

7: The Story Is Very Interesting I Look Forward On Seeing More Plot Twists, More Visible Transitions On Character Behavior/Traits To Make These Characters More Human And Relatable So That We Can Grow More Attach To Them

8: Players Are Raiding The Posters Leaving Some Players With No Opportunities To Post What They Want. If You Can: Please Cap The Posting Per Player By At Least 6 Hours Per Poster. Example: A Player Can Post What They Want While Respecting The Terms And Conditions But They Can Only Use Up To 6 Available Slots Per Poster. So If They Wanna Post Another 6 Slots, They Must Find Another Poster They Have Not Used.

9: I Can't Really Draw So Making My Own Clothing Is Not Possible Even Though It Is But I Rather Not. I Just Wish There Was Another Way To Draw On My Clothing Without MapleStory2 Opening My Designated Paint App On My Pc. xD

10: Its Mostly The Case That For Every Weapon Or Gear I Run Into Is Untradeable Which Is Understandable To Some Extent However I Wanna Help My Friends!
    What If It Was That Im Trying To Increase Their Gear Score So We Can Do Dungeons Together! Another Thing In Trade I Would Like To Add Is Mesos (If Its Already An Option Then Ignore This), I Wanna Say Meret So Badly Too But I Know If There Would Be A Mistake To Happen During Trade Then Nothing Could Be Done If Both Parties Can't Cooperate To Fix The Mistake: So Lets Keep Meret Exchanges Outside Of The Game (Which Already Is) That Would Be Great!
  • PetitFellaPetitFella
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 320
    edited 10:38PM August 2, 2018
    Please Nexon remove the Pay2win:

-Remove revive by merets.
    -Remove buying elixiers by merets.
    -Don't make items tradeable by merets.

The game has the potential to be maplestory 1 before bigbang. Don't make it pay2win please.

DanDKStalePopTarts
  • AndyyzAndyyz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 8:46PM August 2, 2018
    Why doesn't the universal screenshot key-bind work in Maplestory 2? It is so tedious to find the source file and then find the screen capture

edit: It is easier than original maplestory, i'll admit that, however the function wasn't disabled there for a temporary screen capture moment
  • NoeloakiNoeloaki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    So far my impression of this game was overall satisfying. I enjoyed how you was able to always keep doing stuff like the world was never done there is always something to do. I liked how you could interact with your housing stuff. In my point of view it felt like a upgrade for me to jump from Mabinogi to Maplestory 2. For sure this game beat it and I cant wait for it to release.
  • LastLvlBossLastLvlBoss
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    Overall impression of the game was that of a roughly polished diamond. It was fun to be dropped into a new maplestory universe with a wide variety of different classes to choose from. I enjoyed the open ended feeling of the game where the community was just big enough to allow some of the more casual or relaxed players enjoy new branches of "life skills" while allowing the more hardcore of players more end game content and emotional attachment.

I had the opportunity to run the guild Gigss, which fluctuated from the 38-50th spot in the rankings overall. I did not really enjoy the limit of guild members that could be added as well as the unclear, incremental progress along as well as guild advancement unlocks. Before changing the subject, a 30 person guild starting limit with a 10 player incremental bonus per level and a max of 80 players would be perfect for the amount of roles available to be assigned as well as more guild duties/events that should be easier to pick up and complete.

I absolutely adored the monster hunting aspect although there should be either a few moving patterns based on type of monsters class or a unique moving pattern with a tether starting from the diameter from the monster who dropped the mini pet.

The housing design was a perfect addition to the game and allowed more of an immersive game. after hitting level 5 the requirements for certain trigger pieces of furniture was unclear and One major improvement would be to change camera options by establishing a "flooring" tile, along with updating all patterns for walls and floors that exist to include the corner piece opposite to the only corner piece currently available (25% wall design, 75% material tile) -> (75% wall design, 25% material title)

Overall, I feel like the overhaul in the questing, hunting, exploring, and world boss experience allowed for truly MMORPG experience with the classic Maplestory element that allows you to make the world feel like your own, while allowing your maplestory experience bubble to gently touch other players

For more input and recommendations feel free to email me @ dominic.d83@hotmail.com
  • VerloVerlo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,860
    Auke wrote: »
    Definitely really fun, still wish there was party quests though.

what on earth do you mean? All the dungeons are 'party quests'. They may not be like ms1 quests but they exist. I just think that the match making function doesnt work as well as it should imho.
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,505
    NOOBYIAM wrote: »
    Instead of writing a review like last time I found it appropriate to spend time making a video on it instead. Chose to make it unlisted to show that I'm not interested in views/likes and rather made this to make sure that the devs can clearly understand what's wrong with the game. If any feel it should be public feel free to say. Otherwise it's meant for the views of this community and it alone.

@NOOBYIAM This deserves a ton more views, gets vital points across about issues with the game and encouraging the community to work together instead of blindly praising everything, I hope Nexon will watch this too at some point.
    NOOBYIAMStalePopTarts
  • meeoutzidemeeoutzide
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 685
    I think the game is great. There was so much to do. With the amount of time I had actually doing things, I think that I will always come back for more. I didn't get bored with the game.
    I didn't do everything because time was limited. What I did see and do was impressive!
    I will definitely will be playing in the official release.
  • NOOBYIAMNOOBYIAM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,870
    edited 3:04PM August 3, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    Instead of writing a review like last time I found it appropriate to spend time making a video on it instead. Chose to make it unlisted to show that I'm not interested in views/likes and rather made this to make sure that the devs can clearly understand what's wrong with the game. If any feel it should be public feel free to say. Otherwise it's meant for the views of this community and it alone.

@NOOBYIAM This deserves a ton more views, gets vital points across about issues with the game and encouraging the community to work together instead of blindly praising everything, I hope Nexon will watch this too at some point.
    @DanDK

Thank you very much. I spent 5 days on this video (2 days of rendering) so it means a lot that it's getting some attention.

My main wish is that the staff does indeed see this and it makes an impact for what the game should be. I'm honestly very scared for what this game might become so I hope what matters will get through.
    DanDKAlzackStalePopTarts
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,505
    Thank you very much. I spent 5 days on this video (2 days of rendering) so it means a lot that it's getting some attention.

My main wish is that the staff does indeed see this and it makes an impact for what the game should be. I'm honestly very scared for what this game might become so I hope what matters will get through.

If you haven't already, make sure to include a link in your CBT2 feedback survey, that'll increase your chances. :)
  • BashnirBashnir
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,270
    edited 5:18PM August 3, 2018
    Please remove FAIR FIGHT debuff from game.

WHY: This is a huge penalty to those who put in a lot of work / time to get the best gear and unable to feel the power of it. Example: Going into the Pyrros Fard fight in full legendarys is the same as going in full epics, how does this make sense? I really feel this will turn players away and I am one of those who really enjoyed playing CBT, but if this stays in I might just not play.

Please consider this and even if its just removed for end game content (lvl 50 zones) that would be a step. I hope others who feel this way see this post and comment.

P.S. Dont go P2W, that would also lose me as well.
  • BashnirBashnir
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,270
    edited 5:18PM August 3, 2018
    Delete
  • OneMapleLeafOneMapleLeaf
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    It was a great experience except some parts such as the combat system felt lackluster.
  • NOOBYIAMNOOBYIAM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,870
    DanDK wrote: »

If you haven't already, make sure to include a link in your CBT2 feedback survey, that'll increase your chances. :)

I haven’t written my feedback survey for cbt2 yet, no time but I will this weekend. Linking the video will definitely be the main thing I would want them to see so I will definitely be linking it, haha.
    DanDK
  • TyphonkjTyphonkj
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Maplestory 2 so far looks fantastic for exploring into creative depths with the new features, although at the base MapleStory's story is still MapleStory. While great at first, once you play through it once it's hard to care about the story again. After that, trying to skip cutscenes becomes a hassle especially since most of the story is maybe around 60-75% cutscene material. Perhaps if there were character specific dialogues or events it wouldn't matter but as of now, It's jarring to go from a character immersive intro to a generic anyone fits dialogue. Some of the events fit with one character while out of place with the next.

With the sheer amount of customizing with homes and user-generated content, I can't help but think with nostalgia to compare MapleStory 2 with my times playing on Club Penguin. The freedom of everything being free in the build menu sure did spark my creativity and urged me to make a house inside of a house to share with others and strive to make it better. However, it concerns me how around half of the items are restricted under Meret prices, sure with raising house ranks you get free stuff of your choosing, but somehow a few water blocks and blinds doesn't seem satisfactory when you might want restricted furniture and decorations or wall blocks and floors to fit with a desired theme or design. Perhaps options to change the empty black void in the background of homes would be nice

I will sing my praises about the combat and exploration. Fighting feels fitting with the new isometric perspective in a 3d space, it's easy to find what works and when to use which skill for offence and dodging or defence. The skill presets on point by showing you various options for your playstyle instead of the original MapleStory's linear skill set. Climbing is overpowered and fun although respectfully restricted in some areas. Finding the chests and especially the tricky golden chests were a treat although it was a disappointment when it only gives you money and a crystal, no matter what chest you open. I'm hoping this was just during the beta and is changed on release.

For a few honourable mentions, the small mini-events that pop here and there is a decent break in the monotony. The Mushking Royale was a unique twist while it lasted but nowadays with the rampant royale games, I suppose it wasn't too much of a surprise. The graphics and effects are beautiful. load times aren't annoying.

The last of my complaints aren't as important. But I wish there was more to fishing, maybe be able to sell all of the fish you caught instead of just golden fish, if not for mesos then fishing coins to use in a special market for unique items. Music composing was daunting at first and the fan-made programs I had to use to convert songs wasn't as friendly and confusing to use, not to mention didn't work.

And that's about it, everything else is working as intended and all in all, despite everything I said, I had a great time playing MapleStory 2 and I can't wait to start back up again to finish the rest of the story and working with new friends when the game comes out. Thanks for letting me play during the beta!
  • EternalxEternalx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,895
    HP Scaling for dungeons and raids are ridiculously high. Like reduce them by 10 or 20% please!
This discussion has been closed.