[Feedback] Overall Impressions

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,965
Administrator
edited 9:24PM July 18, 2018 in Closed Beta 2 Feedback
Post your overall impressions of the game here.
Please do not create separate threads for overall impressions as it will clutter topic sections.
Headstar007Sháng

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 730
    edited 5:25PM July 18, 2018
    https://ibb.co/d43TKJ

There's no category for screen resolution, so I'll write it here. As I've only played about an hour, I wont provide overall feed back yet just this for screen resolution:
    At highest resolution; the menu icons and text appears too small, I have to get close to my screen to see the options; I will provide a screenshot/video of it soon.

Here's link to the image for highest resolution UI issue

https://ibb.co/d43TKJ

Here's how the bottom right menu looks in 4k resolution

https://ibb.co/ecU4Ry
    GustavoAHeadstar007VerloFiendbakayouthSkeeetangerines
  • HeisentalHeisental
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 455
    There's no category for screen resolution, so I'll write it here. As I've only played about an hour, I wont provide overall feed back yet just this for screen resolution:
    At highest resolution; the menu icons and text appears too small, I have to get close to my screen to see the options; I will provide a screenshot/video of it soon.

I am playing at 4k resolution and have the same troubles. You can adjust the size of the UI, but even on 100% its way too small to read properly.
    Headstar007BonessyVerloFiendbakayouthtangerines
  • PostamtPostamt
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 320
    edited 1:15PM July 18, 2018
    There are some translation errors with the German localisation...
    "Manie" refers to a state of insanity in German. Yet the wizard skills "Pryomancy" and his two bretheren are translated "Pryomanie". That would not make sense, as wizards do not fall into insanity by fire...
    The correct word is "Mantie". It is used mostly as a suffix in combination with greek words to express mastery over a element.
    So the correct German term for the skills are "Pryomantie", "Cyromantie", and "Elektromantie".
    Also, "oh man" is "Oh Mann", I have encountered that multiple times already...
    Hope this helps. I can send some screenshots I have made in order to help you spot them out.
    Headstar007Verlo
  • VanicleVanicle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,885
    edited 4:05PM July 18, 2018
    Not sure if there is an option to change this, and I see the reasoning behind it, but I think it's kind of confusing how the "equipped" gear appears on one side vs another side depending on where it is in your inventory. Personally, I feel like equipped gear should always be on the left side.

wzlutHQ.jpg

23J3yIb.jpg
    MrFedericoHeadstar007LinVega桜桜桜BagoVerloGTRiNsaneSmellyMellyKSibGUNNAand 13 others.
  • TomLuvFrogsTomLuvFrogs
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 460
    I'm enjoying the game and the story so far, but I wish there was an option to pause or stop story cutscenes, sometimes it plays really fast and I don't get a chance to read it, or if I need to do something afk real quick I'll miss the cutscene. Atleast have an option to increase or slow down play speed on them, if not a pause option in the settings. Also whenever a yellow arrow appears on the UI as a notification, it's pretty loud and persistent, it even plays through cutscenes and dialogue. I'm not sure if you can turn the volume down on it specifically.
    Headstar007KSibSterling_AislingLucismapleCezbakayouth
  • waffleWaffleWafflewaffleWaffleWaffle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 535
    To go off of what TomLuvFrogs said, I wish the story cutscenes would just let you progress through the dialogue with a button press. I appreciate the voiceover and all, but as a quick reader, I just want to get to the gameplay. :-)

That said, I'm really enjoying the game already.
    RedvannHeadstar007CreseiaWaterFilterTamakiSakuraAgent_DragonfurysmileycatLa3elleKSibSpidpexand 4 others.
  • GUNNAGUNNA
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 550
    I agree with the cut scenes, if there was a way to cut them all that would be great
    Headstar007LinVegaWaterFilterPhantomGirlExigaBeardlessLeprechaunL4zar
  • GUNNAGUNNA
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 550
    the game is gooooddd tho, jeez, everything is nice and polished looking.
    Headstar007XenostarsAgent_DragonfuryPhantomGirlMorninggExigaBeardlessLeprechaunL4zar
  • ThijsBThijsB
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    edited 1:45PM July 18, 2018
    Vanicle wrote: »
    Not sure if there is an option to change this, and I see the reasoning behind it, but I think it's kind of confusing how the "equipped" gear appears on one side vs another side depending on where it is in your inventory. Personally, I feel like equipped gear should always be on the right side.

wzlutHQ.jpg

23J3yIb.jpg

Maybe you guys can make the equipped one slightly different? Maybe with a darker(or brighter) colour.
    VanicleSPACEBOY_Headstar007ZtohrmCaptainHookiiPhantomGirlFiearenKSibSterling_AislingExigaand 5 others.
  • SaxoiSaxoi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 210
    Hi, I don't know if this is suitable for this section, but I couldn't find anything else on this forum. I've been having trouble updating the game, it says that the product can't be installed. I also tried to do a repair installation but I get the same notification. Is there anyone that could maybe help me with this? Should I just reinstall everything?
    Headstar007
  • boogerbooger
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 860
    edited 2:19PM July 18, 2018
    I don't know if it's just because there's an OCE server (and there's no lag omg thank you so much for that) but maple in this CBT is WAY better than CB1. Feels a lot smoother and for some reason the targeting in combat when using skills feels much better.

Should've given some free smegas from the get-go in CB2 though, the community feeling in CB1 was great.

But yeah I'm really happy with this, I still think the main storyline could be shortened a bit and not have the main questline flow from quest to quest (give some space in the middle for the side quests you've implemented, not at the end) & minigame EXP could be increased, they're so fun.
    Also, certain mobs should give way more exp and be viable for leveling. Grinding enemies in this game is honestly kinda fun because the combat is fun, you should play into that.

PS. Mounts should get their sounds back like the balloon and duck
    MrFedericoVanicleLokieuHeadstar007Agent_DragonfuryVerloGTRiNsanesmileycatFiearenGaslegsand 1 other.
  • UaexResistUaexResist
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    First point chat is somewhat broken
    -Messages dissappear while talking to party and are all jumbled up
    -Chat mode stuck cannot be changed

Second point controls
    -Arrows for moving around instead of wasd
    -others for skill use

This will allow for better mobility since in one hand you can use skills and the other you can move and doge attacks with.I have already mentioned this in the classics control thread but just giving an overall impression.
    Thats all for now i am satisfied with everything else
    Headstar007Agent_Dragonfury
  • MumuMumu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 640
    edited 4:19PM July 18, 2018
    For a beta, this is probably the best state I've ever seen a beta in? I could ALMOST believe it was a final product if not for all the little bugs.
    The characters move well (sometimes wonky, but well enough), and they look super duper cute. I have never played Maple Story before because it was 2d and too cartoony for my taste but this is actually super fun! 3D was a really amazing upgrade from the original, and I can sense the Korean flare all over this one!
    Headstar007NimioMonogatariMhysaGaslegs
  • WatchGintamaWatchGintama
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,360
    Awful HP scaling on the mobs and bosses. Takes forever to kill solo for no good reason.
    No PVP gear again. No point in PVPing.
    MumuHeadstar007CreseiaAgent_DragonfuryNorthboundPhantomGirlFiearenSpidpexLucisGambitGhostand 2 others.
  • MumuMumu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 640
    ThijsB wrote: »
    Vanicle wrote: »
    Not sure if there is an option to change this, and I see the reasoning behind it, but I think it's kind of confusing how the "equipped" gear appears on one side vs another side depending on where it is in your inventory. Personally, I feel like equipped gear should always be on the right side.

wzlutHQ.jpg

23J3yIb.jpg

Maybe you guys can make the equipped one slightly different? Maybe with a darker(or brighter) colour.

as a long term player of many MMOs since the early 2000s most of them have the "equipped gear" off to the left. i like it better on the left because it's familiar but i do agree there needs to be a difference in window colors or text colors since the only indicator is a tiny "equipped" text.
    RedvannHeadstar007LinVegaPhantomGirlKSibSterling_AislingMogetta
  • MushroomMurderMushroomMurder
    I couldn't find a sub-section regarding some of the CBT2 events so I am posting it here unless someone can direct me to a more appropriate place.

The first day of attendance starts at 10:00am PST and ends at 5:00pm PST. I, along with many others, have full time jobs that start and end during this time frame. I personally start work at 7:30am and clock out at 5:00pm, which means I will automatically miss out on the attendance award. I think it would be unreasonable to expect people to take time off work to play MS2, so I am asking if there is any way you could extend the end of the first attendance to sometime later tonight to accommodate those players?
    xAngelBeatHeadstar007Agent_DragonfuryLouvainPoofcat
  • SananeSanane
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 395
    Hmm seems you didnt listen any given feedbacks. People were raging in forums about daily and weekly dungeon limits. It seems dungeon limit still exists. 10 daily and 30 weekly. Nah I am not impressed at all about the progression made.
    xAngelBeatHeadstar007BagoPilikenNorthboundVerloMvtsuiHoneybiscuittsFiearenSpidpexand 7 others.
  • VanicleVanicle
    edited 4:10PM July 18, 2018

as a long term player of many MMOs since the early 2000s most of them have the "equipped gear" off to the left. i like it better on the left because it's familiar but i do agree there needs to be a difference in window colors or text colors since the only indicator is a tiny "equipped" text.

Yep sorry! I meant left and have changed that now. :)

I think that would be a good solution too!
    Headstar007Mogetta
  • GustavoAGustavoA
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    I am really enjoying the game. As other players said before the resolution its a trouble, but nothing that change my game experience. The only real thing that bored me was the real low damage inflicted by the monsters, even the bosses. Out of this, the game have a good story and comedy.
    Headstar007Soreph9
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 730
    edited 5:20PM July 18, 2018
    -delete this comment-