Closed

July 16th Scheduled Forum Maintenance

Comments

• MarkMMarkM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 10,800
    Forum Moderator
    edited 7:10PM July 14, 2018
    More avatars, maybe? Or the ability to use emotes and different colors of text in our posts?

Slightly off-topic, but @TamakiSakura you can actually already change the color of the text in your posts.

[color=type color here]type text you want colored here[/color]

I have a few more of the forum codes listed on a thread here.
    DanDKLa3elle
  • OvernOvern
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 995
    Also known as the day of Reckoning, Cuddles. Seeing as that's when the round 2 invites come out.
    At this point I've been signed up since the first week, and I've done basically every event for an Invite for the close beta. But knowing my luck, missing that first double share on the class voting put 15k people ahead of me with priority so I'll miss out on the Closed beta completely. I can't afford nor do I really want to purchase the founder's pack since they're honestly pretty expensive.
  • YoungFoxMarieYoungFoxMarie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,380
    Your hour has been stolen.
    giphy.gif
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,560
    I'm pretty sure it's to clean out majority of what's old or stashing the feedbacks from CBT1 and preparing for CBT2 section for more feedbacks.

But I also want to see some more improvements to the forum side, cleaning out leaderboard perhaps or some minor things that's been reported on bug report section related to the forums. Things that didn't work and being fixed after the maintenance. Looking forward to badge working again and perhaps some shiny shiny titles or badges who knows. Suddenly A big MVP or a star on people's avatar
    DanDKArgetlam
  • YoungFoxMarieYoungFoxMarie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,380
    kawingshek wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's to clean out majority of what's old or stashing the feedbacks from CBT1 and preparing for CBT2 section for more feedbacks.

But I also want to see some more improvements to the forum side, cleaning out leaderboard perhaps or some minor things that's been reported on bug report section related to the forums. Things that didn't work and being fixed after the maintenance. Looking forward to badge working again and perhaps some shiny shiny titles or badges who knows. Suddenly A big MVP or a star on people's avatar

I think so too. It would also be nice if old posts will get deleted by itself after a particular period of no replies. let it be a week or two maybe. So the old posts don't get bumped up again.
  • CzareCzare
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,450
    edited 4:58AM July 15, 2018
    MarkM wrote: »

Slightly off-topic, but @TamakiSakura you can actually already change the color of the text in your posts.

[color=type color here]type text you want colored here[/color]

I have a few more of the forum codes listed on a thread here.

you have unlocked a whole new world of obnoxiousness
    XphobiaDanDKRevatedAlways_HidKoalatysleepMarkMNazrinTheChaosLegendBurnedLineArgetlamand 1 other.
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,380
    I think so too. It would also be nice if old posts will get deleted by itself after a particular period of no replies. let it be a week or two maybe. So the old posts don't get bumped up again.

Automatically deleting old posts would be an extreme solution and should never be implemented. Also, a lot of threads are handled on a case by case basis, so compared to the fairly low number of actual necroposts and our quick working VFMs, I don't see the need to possibly break what doesn't need fixing at the moment.
    InuNoTaishoArgetlam
  • InuNoTaishoInuNoTaisho
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,000
    DanDK wrote: »

Automatically deleting old posts would be an extreme solution and should never be implemented. Also, a lot of threads are handled on a case by case basis, so compared to the fairly low number of actual necroposts and our quick working VFMs, I don't see the need to possibly break what doesn't need fixing at the moment.

Agreed! Deleting old posts would be a really bad idea, especially since some people successfully troubleshoot games by searching the forums for older solutions to a problem if a question has already been asked or answered.
    mmviiTamakiSakuraRandomHappinessNyteWytchArgetlam
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,005
    i don't think they should delete any threads, rather if they want to tidy things up a bit they should move them to a graveyard type forum section so the threads still exist for people to look through but you cant necro them.
    DanDKLightSnowArgetlam
  • NazrinNazrin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,935
    edited 1:01AM July 16, 2018
    Like the few above me mentioned it will be one of the followings or none at all. Keep in mind this is just an assumption its not "fact".
    - Removing CBT 1 feedbacks.
    - Adding FAQ for the founder's packs (No word yet.)
    - Removing negativity or harsh forum threads.
    - Deleting or removing locked threads.
    - Clearing forum or data cache to add more space?

To be honest we will never know until they'll release information about it. ;)
    Argetlam
  • DanDKDanDK

Agreed! Deleting old posts would be a really bad idea, especially since some people successfully troubleshoot games by searching the forums for older solutions to a problem if a question has already been asked or answered.

Funny how your post is getting all the likes even though we basically said the same thing.
    Nazrin wrote: »
    Like the few above me mentioned it will be one of the followings or none at all. Keep in mind this is just an assumption its not "fact".

They already stated on page 1 "nothing special" so basically nothing. Your fifth suggestion might be true since it's behind the scenes stuff.
  • MarkMMarkM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 10,800
    Forum Moderator

I can confirm that the CBT 1 feedback threads have been safely archived.

The FAQ for the Founder's Packs will be released sometime before the pre-sale packs go on sale tomorrow.

And I can safely say that there's no intention to delete threads. Deleting affects people's post count and rep (and I understand that these statistics aren't really important to everybody, but it is still something to consider) and there's no reason to delete a thread if it's locked and lost somewhere in the depths of the forums. So deleting entire threads is generally avoided.
    DanDKAlways_HidInuNoTaishoNazrinArgetlam
  • DelacferDelacfer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    I signed up that closed beta 2 but i did not get any code for closed beta 2, and how can i download that game for closed beta 2, or when i will get code for closed beta 2 ? thanks
  • DanDKDanDK
    Delacfer wrote: »
    I signed up that closed beta 2 but i did not get any code for closed beta 2, and how can i download that game for closed beta 2, or when i will get code for closed beta 2 ? thanks

Last batch of codes are given out today/tomorrow depending on which events you participated in

Predownload starts tomorrow, game opens in two days if you're in
  • DrSpinToWin DrSpinToWin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,930
    @DanDk I cant wait for the founders pack break down tommorow, but i hope they will announce at what time they are going to sell the founders pack, or between this and that
    DanDKArgetlam
  • NazrinNazrin

Funny how your post is getting all the likes even though we basically said the same thing.

They already stated on page 1 "nothing special" so basically nothing. Your fifth suggestion might be true since it's behind the scenes stuff.

@DanDK

Perhaps.
  • NazrinNazrin
    MarkM wrote: »

I can confirm that the CBT 1 feedback threads have been safely archived.

The FAQ for the Founder's Packs will be released sometime before the pre-sale packs go on sale tomorrow.

And I can safely say that there's no intention to delete threads. Deleting affects people's post count and rep (and I understand that these statistics aren't really important to everybody, but it is still something to consider) and there's no reason to delete a thread if it's locked and lost somewhere in the depths of the forums. So deleting entire threads is generally avoided.

@MarkM

Perfect that's great.
    Hopefully the FAQ will make it on time, later today.
    As for regarding to deleting threads that is surely understandable, nothing much I can say there.
    ArgetlamMarkM
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,550
    edited 11:18AM July 16, 2018
    Were the forums down just now for maintenance? Had company so I wasn't on anyways.

Edit: lol nm, don't know where I got 1 pm - 2 pm est, It's 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm est ;(.
    Argetlam
This discussion has been closed.