Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Dear people complaining about CBT 2.

RisuneRisune
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
edited 6:59PM July 9, 2018 in General Chat
I've seen a lot of people complaining that CBT 1 players get into CBT 2, why is this so surprising? The goal of the tests is bug searches as well as testing optimisation something general CBT 1 players will have a understanding of. Why would they not want more cohesive feedback? I understand you want to play but its generally helping the game that said testers get to try it out again, besides them getting in doesn't change the overall number of people getting accepted I don't really understand your complaints.
NyuraAlzackRurumoMaoxchanDanDKHyphoxTamakiSakuraJiexiRyia_Archertkmisereand 2 others.

Comments

• KauricKauric
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    Coincidentally I've seen CBT1 participants complain that there even is a CBT2. If you don't understand the general complaints of non-CBT1 participants then I can spell it out for you.

They want to play Maplestory 2.
  • RisuneRisune
    Kauric wrote: »
    Coincidentally I've seen CBT1 participants complain that there even is a CBT2. If you don't understand the general complaints of non-CBT1 participants then I can spell it out for you.

As I've already stated I already understand this and addressed it.
  • MidbossMidboss
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,340
    Side question Risune. Did you get accepted into CBT1?
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535

This is an even weirder reason, to be honest. To anyone who witnessed CBT1 firsthand, it should be obvious that the game has tons of issues that we'll only be able to scratch the surface on before release. To rush even faster than that just because of impatience would lead to an even worse result.
    Khalykbolder_tasteNyuraAlzackMaoxchanvpepperKauricmmviiTamakiSakuraMidbossand 2 others.
  • RisuneRisune
    Midboss wrote: »
    Side question Risune. Did you get accepted into CBT1?

I did indeed.
  • KaoriKaori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Cbt 1 was way worse... the amount of threads
    Ryia_Archer
  • DanDKDanDK
    Kaori wrote: »
    Cbt 1 was way worse... the amount of threads

We have VFMs to clean up now! :3
    MarkM
  • KauricKauric
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    DanDK wrote: »
    This is an even weirder reason, to be honest. To anyone who witnessed CBT1 firsthand, it should be obvious that the game has tons of issues that we'll only be able to scratch the surface on before release. To rush even faster than that just because of impatience would lead to an even worse result.
    You're correct. Unfortunately, some people only want to play the game without worrying about the longevity of Maplestory 2.

DanDK
  • MidbossMidboss
    edited 3:17PM July 10, 2018

Keyword would of course be "witnessed" if they did not get into the CBT1 clearly most of them would have not witnessed it.

(Yes they can watch videos of CBT1, but I do not think most people wanted to watch a CBT.)
  • DanDKDanDK
    Midboss wrote: »

Keyword would of course be "witnessed" if they did not get into the CBT1 clearly most of them would have not witnessed it.

(Yes they can watch videos of CBT1, but I do not think most people wanted to watch a CBT.)

I assumed CBT1 participants in my reply, but now that I re-read Kauric's quote I do notice that he mentioned both. My bad.
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030

The only reason cbt1 players didn't want a cbt2 is because it would mean we would get a quicker release (so literally nobody would be left out anymore).

I think releasing the game during the summer would have been more advantageous for nexon but fine tuning the game is important too. (We waited 3 years, who says we cant wait another 3 months ?)
    DanDKMarkMMarchinBunny
  • HangukjjangHangukjjang
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,055
    Man coming back to the forum after a month and it's just as stupid as the first cbt lmao. I'll say the same garbage the first cbt happened. Stay mad
    Midboss
  • MidbossMidboss
    Man coming back to the forum after a month and it's just as stupid as the first cbt lmao. I'll say the same garbage the first cbt happened. Stay mad

On the bright side Hangukjjang, it is an easy way to get free likes by just making another "Look at those players who are mad they did not win a spot into CBT" thread.
    DanDK