Closed

[NEWS] Closed Beta 1 Survey Winners

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,885
Administrator
edited 4:49PM July 9, 2018 in Official News
header_knownissues.jpg

As part of the first Closed Beta, we asked our Beta Testers to give us a hand and submit their feedback about what they liked, what they loved and what they loathed in their first look at MapleStory 2. We've spent the last couple months looking over your feedback and using it to make MapleStory 2 a better game, and we'd like to recognize the following 20 players that gave us high-quality feedback. Each player will be receiving 2,000 Red Merets when MapleStory 2 officially launches as a 'thank you' for their help!

• Airgie (Bigleaf - North America)
  • AlenteFrost/AlenteThief (Hornbeam - Europe)
  • Allieta (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Alzack (Hornbeam - Europe)
  • BearHands (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Berserker (Hornbeam - Europe)
  • BootyBlast (Bigleaf - North America)
  • CarryionWiz (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Danmaku (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Dean (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Finesse (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Kaleo (Bigleaf - North America)
  • KewlBeanz (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Lutias (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Mojko (Hornbeam - Europe)
  • NewBerry (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Noodlebowl (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Rhykiras (Hornbeam - Europe)
  • Schizonoid (Bigleaf - North America)
  • Vriska (Bigleaf - North America)

Once again, a big thanks to everyone that gave us feedback throughout Closed Beta 1! We're aiming to make MapleStory 2 the best game possible, and we couldn't do it without you!
JoTheWeirdoZelosorotkmiseremmviizrxUmiSonodaFanBuizeICarryionOlujiwanGlirotusand 1 other.

Comments

• BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,505
    I would like to read them.
    ZatchMeowrenDanDKbolder_tasteAlways_HidNyuraTomitaKoalatysleepTamakiSakuraSubglacious
  • BrianLai30BrianLai30
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 715
    I guess my extremely in-depth and definitive feedback wasn't enough
  • UmiSonodaFanUmiSonodaFan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,310
    congrats to the winners!
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,535
    Congratulations to the winners! With their consent, I'd be curious to see some of their reviews as well.
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,110
    I'd be interested to see what got through too, but mostly because of this clause here in the T&Cs of the competition:
    Not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Promotion, or any person or party affiliated with the Promotion, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;

Seems like most critical entries would most likely have been disqualified since you couldn't speak ill of the game or talk about other MMOs.
    DanDKMochaLatteKoalatysleepTamakiSakura
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,005
    i too would love to read the feedback they provided you guys! not only because i want to see what others thought and suggestions they made, but also because these are examples of the type/quality level of feedback you want from us. if you could provide us with them it would be awesome so we could see the best ways to get our feedback for cbt2 to you all. Thanks!

also: i loled so hard at BootyBlast (Bigleaf - North America) XD
    DanDKNyuraBakaAniki
  • CarryionCarryion
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 740
    edited 11:25AM July 10, 2018
    I'd be interested to see what got through too, but mostly because of this clause here in the T&Cs of the competition:
    Not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Promotion, or any person or party affiliated with the Promotion, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;

Seems like most critical entries would most likely have been disqualified since you couldn't speak ill of the game or talk about other MMOs.

I think that statement in general can be taken in a much broader sense. They likely make a distinction between "disparaging" a product and "critiquing" it, since the former is based on ill intent and the latter is more for constructive purposes. Additionally, the idea of promoting other games might seem common for many of the feedback results, but indicating a specific aspect of another game that might be useful in Maplestory 2 would not necessarily be a promotion of the other game entirely. For example, indicating that someone enjoys the action combat system of Tera and would like to see something similar implemented would not directly show a causal relation to that person claiming Tera > Maplestory 2.

I do understand the confusion, but I think the broad nature of that T&C clause allows for a bit of leeway. Assuming you aren't simply bashing the game, of course.
    Always_Hid wrote: »
    i too would love to read the feedback they provided you guys! not only because i want to see what others thought and suggestions they made, but also because these are examples of the type/quality level of feedback you want from us. if you could provide us with them it would be awesome so we could see the best ways to get our feedback for cbt2 to you all. Thanks!

also: i loled so hard at BootyBlast (Bigleaf - North America) XD

I know that for my own feedback (CarryionWiz is my character), I focused primarily on giving specific details for every facet of the game. Social, combat, UI, and many other different topics were given explanations on how they could be improved (maybe using examples from other games) or even added. One statement I added was that I would have liked to see more raids focused towards large groups (10-man or larger), as well as an addition of side quests (or world quests) as a nice break from the main story line.

Pretty much, details and specifics mean everything. I'm sure many other people said similar things, so improving feedback really differs from person to person.

Thanks for the Red Merets! :)
    DanDKNyuraAlways_HidBakaAniki
  • NyuraNyura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,200
    Congratulations to all the winners. Like many folks here, I'd also like to read those winning pieces of feedback in order to have a clue what sort of feedback they are looking for from us and most of all, what sort of feedback was deemed most valuable to them, thus meaning what kind of things they would consider making changes in.
    Always_HidDanDK
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,905
    I didn't expect that my feedback would be taken into consideration and rewarded with Red Merets, thank you very much for your time to read it. If anyone's interested, I've put general thoughts about CBT1 from this post into survey and clearly stated what I enjoyed and what parts of gameplay experience bothered me the most. I made some references to features of Wakfu, Dofus, FF XIV, Ragnarok Online and some other MMORPGs when giving suggestions and was all hands down to see Omok and Buddy Chat incorporated from MS1. Most of my feedback revolved around emphasis on more teamplay activities (outside mini-games and social aspect) as well as making lvl 1-50 content more challenging and meaningful to explore so Epic Storyline wouldn't feel like the only way for leveling and progression curve.
    Kind regards!
    Always_HidDanDKmmviizrxCarryionNyuraBakaAniki
  • AxyAxy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,690
    edited 1:48PM July 10, 2018
    Wondering if anybody who gave in depth feedback of the pvp in ms2, I know me and a lot of others really enjoy it and feel it has the potential to be very competitive which was a bit unexpected, and would love to see Nexon advance on it in some way instead of just leaving it to be p2w side content.
    DanDK
This discussion has been closed.