Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[NEWS] Closed Beta 2 Invites - First Round

Comments

• NxCodyNxCody
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 710
    edited 1:43PM July 13, 2018
    15 Years on MS and still no beta access to MS2... I'll end up paying 100 for the access essentially to get all the exclusives, too. That is if they don't sell out by the time I wake up. ~_~ I've been playing MS longer than a lot of the players have even been alive, now. That's depressing.
    Squeek_of_the_North
  • LighterDaysLighterDays
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,000
    edited 5:17PM July 13, 2018
    Does anyone else feel like MS2 is using its devoted fans? For example I completed the sharing on road trip, twitter, tournament, facebook, and other places; while my friends just put their email in and got in. It feels like the people that come back often do not get in, however the ones that barely even want to play get easy access. Are they using us to publicize the game?
  • YoungFoxMarieYoungFoxMarie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,470
    Many companies want people to help publicize a game. Also with the roadtrip know that many many many people try to get in. The servers melted down due to all the logins. Out of millions of people only a couple thousand got in. So theres very few invites compared to the people what want to play. So it could feel that way but it probably isnt because there comes so much more to an invite. @LighterDays
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,135
    edited 2:18AM July 14, 2018
    Does anyone else feel like MS2 is using its devoted fans? For example I completed the sharing on road trip, twitter, tournament, facebook, and other places; while my friends just put their email in and got in. It feels like the people that come back often do not get in, however the ones that barely even want to play get easy access. Are they using us to publicize the game?

Road Trip gave you independent rewards already so you can't complain about those.
    You were not required to actually share anything for Road Trip rewards, only clicking the button. Sharing it anyway is on you.
    The people that 'only put their email' did not get these rewards.

All of the Twitter/Facebook events told you about the odds which happened to be horrible, choosing to share anyway you accepted those odds and lost.
    The people that 'only put their email' did not get this chance.

The keys from Tria's Tournament haven't been given out yet, and you actually have a good chance to get a key from that.
    You were not required to actually share anything for Tria's rewards, only clicking the button. Sharing it anyway is on you.
    The people that 'only put their email' will not get this chance.

Yes, they are obviously using us to publicize the game. So use common sense when participating in their 'events'.
    Out of millions of people only a couple thousand got in. So theres very few invites compared to the people what want to play.

Actually almost everyone who wanted in CBT got in. You are heavily overestimating the amount of people who signed up for the first CBT. A lot of people only came later on because they didn't even hear about the game until it was too late to sign up.
    The total amount of people currently interested in the game would number a couple of hundred thousand at most, we're nowhere near a million.
  • LighterDaysLighterDays
    DanDK wrote: »

Road Trip gave you independent rewards already so you can't complain about those.
    You were not required to actually share anything for Road Trip rewards, only clicking the button. Sharing it anyway is on you.

All of the Twitter/Facebook events told you about the odds which happened to be horrible, choosing to share anyway you accepted those odds and lost.

The keys from Tria's Tournament haven't been given out yet, and you actually have a good chance to get a key from that.
    You were not required to actually share anything for Tria's rewards, only clicking the button. Sharing it anyway is on you.

Yes, they are obviously using us to publicize the game. So use common sense when participating in their 'events'.
    Out of millions of people only a couple thousand got in. So theres very few invites compared to the people what want to play.

Actually almost everyone who wanted in CBT got in. You are heavily overestimating the amount of people who signed up for the first CBT. A lot of people only came later on because they didn't even hear about the game until it was too late to sign up.
    The total amount of people currently interested in the game would number a couple of hundred thousand at most, we're nowhere near a million.

Not everyone who wanted in CBT got in, not even close, not even a 1/5 of the applicants...
  • LighterDaysLighterDays
    DanDK wrote: »

You are required to share for additional points....
  • TheBlackFenixTheBlackFenix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    edited 11:40AM July 16, 2018
    I have already done RT to the messages of their twitter for nothing... I have not received the key to be able to enter the beta closet... I think the servers do not support many people and deny many keys.., Also, vote in the tournament that won the wizard, I shared everything for facebook and twitter and nothing that gave me the key, I lost my time.. I am very dissatisfied
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,900
    edited 11:47AM July 16, 2018
    I have already done RT to the messages of their twitter for nothing... I have not received the key to be able to enter the beta closet... I think the servers do not support many people and deny many keys.., Also, vote in the tournament that won the wizard, I shared everything for facebook and twitter and nothing that gave me the key, I lost my time.. I am very dissatisfied

they have not sent out the invites for the tournament or twitter giveaways yet, you still may get one. good luck!
    nEwBVnH.gif
    TheBlackFenixDanDK
    I have already done RT to the messages of their twitter for nothing... I have not received the key to be able to enter the beta closet... I think the servers do not support many people and deny many keys..
    Always_Hid wrote: »

they have not sent out the invites for the tournament or twitter giveaways yet, you still may get one. good luck!
    nEwBVnH.gif

And at what time do you send those keys? and thanks..
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,900
    @TheBlackFenix probably later this evening
    nEwBVnH.gif
    TheBlackFenixDanDK
    @Always_Hid Thanks ^^,
  • AzurAzur
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    edited 1:44PM July 16, 2018
    So ready for this!
  • ArgetlamArgetlam
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,390
    It's annoying when people say how long they've played Maplestory then complain about the Beta invites. Listen, that doesn't matter in the slightest. It's meant to choose people all across the board, if you didn't get it, so what? It's a beta test to see how old players and new players react and see the feedback from that. This one in particular is to stress test their servers.
    DanDKAlzack
  • LighterDaysLighterDays
    Argetlam wrote: »
    It's annoying when people say how long they've played Maplestory then complain about the Beta invites. Listen, that doesn't matter in the slightest. It's meant to choose people all across the board, if you didn't get it, so what? It's a beta test to see how old players and new players react and see the feedback from that. This one in particular is to stress test their servers.

I hope you are right because I don't want to be playing on no potato severs.
    DanDK
  • AotsukeAotsuke
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 650
    Oh wow that's quite unexpected. I received the selection mail just today... Really happy about it!
  • White_VixenWhite_Vixen
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    I'm so ready to get started on playing MS2. Got my invite Mon. (16th). Sitting here eagerly waiting to be able to play ovo. Congrats to those that got in this round!
    To those that didn't get in yet, don't worry you'll get in soon enough! CB2 isn't done just yet! Keep being patient, fingers crossed for you guys.
  • NiMiNiMi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 210
    When can we start playing?? I downloaded it I was selected an it is saying maintance. any IDEAS??
    Poharan
This discussion has been closed.