Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[Guide] Knight Compendium by Von & Saintone

Comments

• KnightmaryKnightmary
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    Saintone wrote: »
    So question for you, @Saintone. As someone who has only really used the Iron Defense/Typhoon Slash combination and has only just recently gotten to Fire Dragon would you say that the DPS route is viable? Especially seeing the fact Knight isn't required anymore with the laser breath? And if so, how would you say that it would work while fighting Pyros Fard? Could you maybe give some instructions or a video on that? Would love to see what you would do with a boss that's a lot more mobile than say a training dummy or Devorak. Thank you in advance.

Knightmary wrote: »
    Well guys, I'm gonna run some tests myself with my Knight to check the dmg gap between Iron Defense On/Off then I'll come back here and update you guys with the results.

If possible, record your results. I've had many people try to dispute this, and often times they did their rotation very improperly to the point where there was much wasted damage with Iron Defense off due to issues with SP management.

I'll do as you suggested.... For now, i did 100 30seconds parses with Iron Defense On and another 100 with Iron Defense OFF, the result was a loss of 20% dmg with Iron Defense ON, in 30s without Iron Defense i was able to deal consistently 1m dmg, while dealing only 800k~830k with Iron Defense ON.

Next time I'll bring you guys a video showing my rotation and maybe some new numbers.
    Saintone
  • WarkupoWarkupo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    I'm curious what kind of rotation/priority you guys are doing while utilizing Iron Defense. From my own tests having Iron Defense OFF should be a minor DPS increase, but nowhere within the 20% being reported.

Priority for Knight Should be Typhoon Slash > Divine Strike > Drill Thrust > Cross Cut

From 100 spirit without Iron Defense you should be able to do something like TS > TS > DS > DT > CS > TS > CSx5 > TS within a 10 second window.
    From 100 Spirit with Iron Defense you should be able to do something like TS > TS > TS > DS > TS > DT > TS > CS > TS within a 10 second window.

Should be within 3-5%, but definitely not 20%.
  • RyuuseiRyuusei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    Your guide recommends against double piercing on both weapon and shield, but what if your knight just has all the double piercing luck =/

https://i.imgur.com/7Qra8tW.png
  • SaintoneSaintone
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,365
    edited 1:30AM November 6, 2018
    Ryuusei wrote: »
    Your guide recommends against double piercing on both weapon and shield, but what if your knight just has all the double piercing luck =/

https://i.imgur.com/7Qra8tW.png

It makes such an insignificant difference and is a very small margin of min/max. So long as your items give you some sort of sensible damage stat I think it's fine right now, no need to fuss over trivial changes.

That being said, I recommend getting physical piercing on:
    1) Either weapon or shield, not both, but definitely on one.
    2) Gloves (for Hard Adventure Dungeons, 5.4 is enough; for Chaos Raids, preferably Swallowed Darkness Gloves 8.0)
    3) Guild buff (3-3.2%)

The set-up of gloves + one weapon barely overcaps you for Hard Adventure Dungeons (8-9%) and the buffed up period barely puts you under the Chaos Raid cap (16.6%). These are thresholds where getting more physical piercing yields a non-noticeable increase in your damage output.