Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

"Founder's Packs" by CM Cuddles

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 61,865
Administrator
edited 4:25PM July 3, 2018 in Team Blogs
Hey Maplers!

It's time to talk about Founder's Packs!! Today I will be sharing just a small taste of some of the new items that you will be able to acquire from Founder's Packs.

I am sure many Maplers feel the same way... but everything in this game is so darn CUTE! I can't stand it!! I feel like I have to punch walls to feel tough again...
giphy.gif

OK, even my wall punches are adorable. T_T *Sigh* Anyway, on with the blog...

The new mount from the Founder's Pack is no exception to extreme cuteness… Be majestic with this Prismatic Harmony Unicorn!! <3 The GIF does not do the mount justice! In addition to being sparkly and adorable… it also makes a magical sound when you gallop and leap. D'awww.

02_unicorn.png
giphy.gif

Yes, MapleStory 2 is a 3D isometric adventure MMORPG. But let's be real… it's all about the look! Fashion is so important and you can certainly make a statement with the new Golden Ribbon Outfits! The outfit comes with a hat and a pair of angel wings tied with a bow (and those pinstripes are super cute).

04_golden_ribbon_costume.png

Emotes are a great way to express yourself, and if you really want to stand out among your fellow Maplers, you can get the Orange Mushroom Emote! This giant sized mushroom chair will certainly put a smile on anyone's face! :-D

05_mushroom_emote.png

And you can stand out even more with the Founder's Regalia Name Tag to proudly wear above your Mapler's head. Positively regal!

06_founder_s_name_tag.png

As an added bonus, the Founder's Pack also comes with the Founder's Daily Wonders. Each day the item is activated, the Founder's Daily Wonders gives you a special daily reward for 28 days. Here are some of the items you can earn from the Founder's Daily Wonders.

07_daily_wonders.png

Ever notice that many things in the world of MapleStory 2 kinda look like soft serve goodness? For example the swirly rainbow trees you can pick up and use as a weapon... And what is the obsession with poo?? I smell a poo-spiracy going on...

Okay I am going off on a tangent...

As I mentioned, this is just a sample of some of the visually cool stuff you can get from the Founder's Packs. There are a bunch of other items not listed in this blog that our team is still finalizing and developing, including this nostalgically stylish Mark of the Founder bandana!

09_mark_of_the_founder.jpg

We'll be offering Founder's Packs for sale at 3 different price points to help accommodate whatever your budget might be. Here are the package breakdowns:

xN4tgEJ.jpg

You'll be able to find the full pack breakdown and when we begin selling them on July 17th!

As we mentioned in a previous Producer Blog, an extremely limited amount of Pre-Sale Founder's Packs will be sold on July 17th. These pre-sale packs will have the same contents as the Founder's Packs that will be sold before Official Launch, but as a special additional bonus all of the pre-sale packs will also come with guaranteed access to Closed Beta 2.

We have more to reveal before Closed Beta 2 starts so be sure to look out for the next Producer Blog soon!

~ Cuddles Senpai <3
MahmummviiVillaniNattteLindelyZatchFoodMrSnuggletonFaelightPoseand 35 others.

Comments

• mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,730
    edited 3:14PM July 3, 2018
    Nice you listed the prices. Will they come with early access at all to the official launch?

Also wtb that funny orange mushroom to sit on lol :O. Oh he's only in the L grade package lol $100 :thonk: ^^.
    DanDKKrowins
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,615
    edited 5:23PM July 3, 2018
    can you please confirm whether or not it will be a code given to us for the beta access passes? want to make sure it's not account bound so i can gift to a friend. thanks!

edit:

also if you could please clarify what you mean by founders daily wonders and premium club (i'm sure you guys are planning a blog post to address this more thoroughly but i thought i would ask just in case).what exactly are their contents and for the daily wonders is it 28 days of permanent items or are they temporary? thanks again!
    ZelosoroShirochiiAmarelioAzuraDrakeBela
  • MrSnuggletonMrSnuggleton
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,885
    edited 2:54PM July 3, 2018
    Only really have two things to say.
    1st: having a limited founders pack sale for just cbt access when you're going to sale them in the end anyway is silly.

2nd: maybe you should specify a time and timezone when they will be available considering they're "limited"

- Otherwise looks nice, like the unicorn a lot.
  • DeiothDeioth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 690
    edited 3:07PM July 3, 2018
    Thanks for the early information. If I may, I have three questions:
    Q1: Does Legendary Package include Blue meret x9,000? (2,000+3,000+4,000)? The wording would imply yes (please confirm).
    Q2: Is the Golden Ribbon Outfit a purple tier costume?
    Q3: What is the USD to Meret conversion rate? I read USD 20 = Meret x2,000 (please confirm).

Cheers,
    Deioth
    NattteNunaLindelyVillaniAlways_HidskromezpunzyMorninggtsemilytkmisereand 8 others.
  • ArgetlamArgetlam
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    edited 3:05PM July 3, 2018
    i wonder what that founders insignia thing is. thinking maybe its like the title thing that people got when they got to level 50 in the first CBT, also damn wish i had money for this also what is that premium club? its not the daily wonders is it?
  • ZatchZatch
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,640
    giphy.gif
    DanDKJerkForeverJacobieAlways_HidzrxNazrinVernonepunzytsemilytkmisereand 17 others.
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 30,490
    edited 3:04PM July 3, 2018
    Thank you for the update on the Founder's Packs! It's nice to see that you seem to be mainly including cosmetics with the packs and no staggering gameplay benefits (though the exact contents of the "Daily Wonders" and the "Premium Club" does suggest other possibilities, and I will be looking forward to hear more about those).

Two (three) obvious questions come to mind with this information:

- What is the ordinary conversion rate between Merets and cash? If you claim that you get X merets for a package that costs X dollars, you need to tell people exactly what they're getting - how many dollars worth of merets are they getting from that package. Even if you don't know the exact conversion rate yet.
    - Does the more expensive Tiers including the previous Tiers mean that the Merets stack? E.g. if you buy the Legendary Package you are actually getting 4,000 + 3,000 + 2,000 = 9,000 Merets in total? That is what you are suggesting at least, but it'd be nice to confirm that.

- Is the only bonus from the Pre-Sale packs be additional access to CBT2? That is what you're writing now, but is it subject to change? If people are already guaranteed CBT2 access, can they safely wait until later, or will there suddenly be other bonuses added that you might miss?

Finally (sorry, four questions then): It looks like the rewards are designed for release, obviously, but how many of the contents will come into play during CBT2, if any? Or are all the rewards saved for official launch only? (I suppose it would be a sort of 'bonus' if buying the pack during CBT2 would allow you to partially gain stuff for CBT2, but then again it sounds like a lot of work to implement for barely any difference).
    NyuraLa3elleAlzacktsemilytkmisereZelosorovpepperGothaleonABECE
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 30,490
    Argetlam wrote: »
    i wonder what that founders insignia thing is. thinking maybe its like the title thing that people got when they got to level 50 in the first CBT, also damn wish i had money for this also what is that premium club? its not the daily wonders is it?

I think you are correct, the Insignia is an emblem that appears above your character. During CBT, only the one for getting to level 50 was unlocked as far as I know.
    Zelosoro
  • PreversivePreversive
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,400
    edited 3:12PM July 3, 2018
    I didn't know Nexon was taken over by Electronic Arts.

In all seriousness, this is absolutely out of scope for an online game, giving some random cosmetic crap which won't even be useful / used after the first 3 months of the game. Forcing people to log in for 28 days straight after paying 99,- already. Having the audacity to market this as a game for 13+ and yet ask two months of their pocket money for a 'founders insignia'

If this is the path you're going in, i'm done before starting.

(inb4 "You don't have to buy it!!!" comments, that's not even the point i'm making).
    _Torimisu_SherriLighterDaysAgent_Dragonfuryazn3nt1ty
  • JerkForeverJerkForever
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 320
    Thanks for the update! That guaranteed access is insane. I hope the time they are released comes out soon.
  • exobloodexoblood
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 670
    edited 3:32PM July 3, 2018
    Preversive wrote: »

In all seriousness, this is absolutely out of scope for an online game, giving some random cosmetic crap which won't even be useful / used after the first 3 months of the game. Forcing people to log in for 28 days straight after paying 99,- already. Having the audacity to market this as a game for 13+ and yet ask two months of their pocket money for a 'founders insignia'

(inb4 "You don't have to buy it!!!" comments, that's not even the point i'm making).

then what is your point? because you dont have to buy it.
    VernoneWaterFilterhankiepixZelosoroNekoLilyGiroGothaleon
  • HamicoHamico
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,675

You don't have to buy it.
    WaterFilterVillaniZelosorovpepperBunniponGothaleonJustrollin
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,330
    edited 3:50PM July 3, 2018
    Oh I see. Limited quantity founders packs made absolutely zero sense... but they aren't actually limited at all, it's just an earlier release to let some people buy into CBT2.

The layout of the pricing chart is a bit odd, but to me it looks like buying the $100 package will net you:

90 Days of Premium Club
    2K + 3K + 4K = 9K Merits, which is assume is $67-90 worth or somewhere in that region depending on the conversion (I saw hints of $20:20K, but also $15:20K)
    Founder Badges: Name Tag, Chat Bubble, and Insignia
    Orange Mushroom Emote ("chair")
    Golden Ribbon NX Outfit
    Founder Bandana NX Hat
    Unicorn Mount
    28 Founders Gifts - Requires daily login for launch month (?), contains mounts/badges/nx (permanent or no?)

Whether or not the 28 founders wonder gifts are permanent though will make a huge difference. I don't believe I've seen timed nx/mounts yet, but there were timed badges available from the end-game daily quest boxes in CBT1. Assuming they ARE permanent items so getting them would really matter, I would hope it would be difficult/impossible to lose those items (that you purchased) if you didn't log-in for all 28 days in a row. A system where it merely distributes 1 reward to you per day (to keep players engaged), but it's 28 TOTAL daily log-ins over say a time period of 3-4 months, and in an specific interface or merely distributed in your mail, so that you don't lose the items if you log-in but forget to click to redeem it before the day ticks over.

Another thing of note, is that I would assume all of these items to be ACCOUNT BOUND not character bound... however, the emote registering system doesn't work that way (and is a main complaint I had), so it would permanently lock to the first character you used it on, as would the special CBT vanilla cake emote, which would be a real shame... Please find a way to permanently unlock emotes on your full account, at the very least for the event ones that you can only obtain one of (unlike the merit shop ones are available long-term).
    ArgetlamtsemilyMarkMhankiepixZelosoroNekoLilyNaughtylog
  • SooColdSooCold
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,445
    I feels like items mentioned in the founder packages to me are kinda lack luster focusing more of the cute side than the overall long term use. Like, for me I rather have a option of a pet like from cbt for potion usage or a mount coupon that gives me a "Very Fast" mount.
    (Not hating on the unicorn but I'm into the all the cuteness they presented for the pkg)
    Like sure you spent 99 smackeroons on the big boy pack but most if not a lot of hardcore players won't find some of it useful like mount when you get multiple during the quest line or a large mushroom to flex on people with. I just hope the more info will be presented before it's out for the public that is long term use than oh look daily 30 log in stuff after the week of my raid capped raid runs. Unless the daily premium removes or extends the run limit.
    (inb4 you don't have buy it) I want to support the company and ms2 but when me a chance like this that isn't favorable for me. It's kinda hard to.
    Argetlamtsemily_Torimisu_La3elle
  • MotomageMotomage
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 740
    if you get 9k merits with the legendary package this is an easy yes for me... its a pretty good value if you plan to play for sometime, even if it is a good amount of money upfront. excited to see what the daily items all are and happy to see an old maple item make a come back... you guys should totally do the pumpkin basket from the first halloween event ;P

if your upset over the pricing, $25 for the first tier is a great deal... your only paying $5 extra for the premium service/mount
    hankiepixZelosoro
  • JacobieJacobie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,530
    It all feels pretty worth it to me, multiple mounts, outfits, merets and other goodies. I'm more than happy with the pricing on these.
    Zelosoro
  • PreversivePreversive
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,400
    exoblood wrote: »
    then what is your point? because you dont have to buy it.
    Hamico wrote: »
    You don't have to buy it.

Learn to read.

Also:

"Oh I see. Limited quantity founders packs made absolutely zero sense... but they aren't actually limited at all, it's just an earlier release to let some people buy into CBT2."
  • Cana999Cana999
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    DanDK wrote: »
    Thank you for the update on the Founder's Packs! It's nice to see that you seem to be mainly including cosmetics with the packs and no staggering gameplay benefits (though the exact contents of the "Daily Wonders" and the "Premium Club" does suggest other possibilities, and I will be looking forward to hear more about those).

Two (three) obvious questions come to mind with this information:

- What is the ordinary conversion rate between Merets and cash? If you claim that you get X merets for a package that costs X dollars, you need to tell people exactly what they're getting - how many dollars worth of merets are they getting from that package. Even if you don't know the exact conversion rate yet.
    - Does the more expensive Tiers including the previous Tiers mean that the Merets stack? E.g. if you buy the Legendary Package you are actually getting 4,000 + 3,000 + 2,000 = 9,000 Merets in total? That is what you are suggesting at least, but it'd be nice to confirm that.

- Is the only bonus from the Pre-Sale packs be additional access to CBT2? That is what you're writing now, but is it subject to change? If people are already guaranteed CBT2 access, can they safely wait until later, or will there suddenly be other bonuses added that you might miss?

Finally (sorry, four questions then): It looks like the rewards are designed for release, obviously, but how many of the contents will come into play during CBT2, if any? Or are all the rewards saved for official launch only? (I suppose it would be a sort of 'bonus' if buying the pack during CBT2 would allow you to partially gain stuff for CBT2, but then again it sounds like a lot of work to implement for barely any difference).

Wow that sounds really good!! !!!
    DanDK
  • aleskidashaleskidash
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,000
    edited 3:53PM July 3, 2018
    I could use a lot more information on that last package;

1. What is the premium club. What exactly do we get from it?
    2. What is an insignia? Like a GMS title?
    3. What is every single item that is provided inside the "Founder's Daily Wonders"? The contents of the packs will be deciding factor for me. I need to know what it is because if there is a cool cosmetic as part of that, I'll get it. But if not, I'll get the lower tier packages.
    4. Will these provide any advantages over players that do not play (pay 2 win)?
    ArgetlamDanDKtsemilyNyuraZelosorovpepper
  • PosePose
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,310
    edited 6:06PM July 3, 2018
    Yes I love it! Are the cosmetics/mounts (title, speech bubble, mount, mushroom chair) shareable between alts? If not, can you buy multiple founders pack?