Closed

[NEWS] Closed Beta 2 Access

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,885
Administrator
edited 10:14AM July 2, 2018 in Official News
Closed Beta 2 is coming soon, and if you want to get involved, you'll want to sign up and get things ready. Check out the steps below to be as ready as possible when the second Closed Beta arrives!

accesscbt_forums_960x290.jpg

Step 1: Sign Up for the Closed Beta

Only players that have signed up for Closed Beta will be selected to join in, so make sure you head to the Closed Beta Sign-Up Page and sign up with your Nexon account! If you already signed up for Closed Beta previously, such as in the lead-up to the first Closed Beta, there is no need to sign up again. We will review your application for consideration into Closed Beta 2. Additionally, if you were accepted into Closed Beta 1 and joined in, you've been automatically selected for Closed Beta 2!

Closed Beta 2 Sign-Up End Times
  • PDT (UTC -7): 3:00 PM July 15th, 2018
  • EDT (UTC -4): 6:00 PM July 15th, 2018
  • BRT (UTC -3): 7:00 PM July 15th, 2018
  • CEST (UTC +2): 12:00 AM July 16th, 2018
  • AEST (UTC +10): 8:00 AM July 16th, 2018

Step 2: Wait for your Acceptance Email

We will be sending out invitations on Monday, July 9th and Monday, July 16th. While Closed Beta 2 won't begin until July 18th, head over to Tria's Tournament of Champions to learn more about the classes in MapleStory 2 and earn some special prizes for both Closed Beta 2 and when MapleStory 2 officially launches... including possibly your very own Closed Beta 2 invitation!

We'll also be giving away additional beta keys with social events on the MapleStory 2 Twitter account over the next few weeks, as well as selling a limited number of Founder's Packs when Closed Beta 2 begins, which come with access to Closed Beta 2. And finally, we'll be partnering with Razer, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, to give out more Closed Beta codes to fans when Closed Beta 2 begins!

Worried that your acceptance email might have been eaten by a spam filter? You can manually check your Beta Status here.

Step 3: Pre-Download MapleStory 2

On July 17th, all players accepted into Closed Beta 2 will be able to download or update their beta client in preparation for the two week beta test. Just launch the Nexon Launcher, which can be downloaded here, and sign in with the accepted Nexon account. MapleStory 2 will be unlocked for you there, and you can pre-download the client to be ready!

Step 4: Game On!

When July 18th rolls around, MapleStory 2's second Closed Beta will officially begin! Get in-game, leave us feedback on the Official MapleStory 2 forums, and have a blast in this new dimension of MapleStory!
LindelyFaelightLa3ellemmviiBloohammairNazrinEvoraRandomHappinessZerolioTigerpawsand 11 others.

Comments

• DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,545
    edited 11:00AM July 2, 2018
    Thank you for the extended notice on Beta Access and information on the new website event.
    Best of luck to everyone that are still waiting for admission!

I hope you've fixed some of the confusing issues from last CBT such as people reporting not getting their emails, not getting their manual Status check correctly updated, or having one but not the other and being unsure of their status, not receiving their survey mails, and not receiving the small MS1 game key reward for participating in the beta.
  • La3elleLa3elle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,840
    Thank you for adding other CBT2 access opportunities. Good luck everyone!
    tenor.gif?itemid=5248601
    SnoopFrogg
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,570
    edited 11:27AM July 2, 2018
    Right on it's coming closer :O. That's great that you can pre download it too on the 17th.
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,630
    So...the ones that has the game installed from cbt1 don't have to uninstall and redownload this right? just have to patch it right?
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,565
    edited 2:59PM July 2, 2018
    So...the ones that has the game installed from cbt1 don't have to uninstall and redownload this right? just have to patch it right?

@GarlicBread I think you need to read it through one more time.

"On July 17th, all players accepted into Closed Beta 2 will be able to download or update their beta client in preparation for the two week beta test."

TLDR:
    9b548fa6f71c2c0a3dd4be187c35c42d.png
  • ianthemanslayerianthemanslayer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,950
    Dope, I can't wait to see if I get in.
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    Oh holy Cygnus. Bestow upon me the luck needed to enter this BETA so I can both explore the new maple world and help it develop!
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    kawingshek wrote: »

"On July 17th, all players accepted into Closed Beta 2 will be able to download or update their beta client in preparation for the two week beta test."

TLDR:

I wasn't asking you and been already seen that for one, 2nd your ''answer'' has 0 value I'll be waiting on cuddles to give me a reply to if I'm right or not.
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    edited 4:32AM July 3, 2018

I wasn't asking you and been already seen that for one, 2nd your ''answer'' has 0 value I'll be waiting on cuddles to give me a reply to if I'm right or not.

Good luck then! - You still have 1 day before CBT2 on you to either re-download or patch the game so I don't see any purpose of not having enough time to get ready for CBT2.

I mean, you just wait untill 17th to patch it, if it doesn't work, just uninstall and re-install with the new setup. It's not like you'll lose out on time because everyone else will be doing the same thing 1 day ahead.

Worst scenario, just uninstall and download it again right now as mentioned on the topic. They will still have a login traffic issue once everyone are trying to connect to the game unless they learned from CBT1. We are stress testing the servers anyways.
  • XphobiaXphobia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,610
    edited 5:26AM July 3, 2018

TLDR:

Kawingshek pointed it out twice for you and you respond like that. Learn how to read.

I'm disgusted you consider their answer [correct btw] has "0 value" because they're not a CM. Who cares if you need to reinstall or update, it's a closed beta.
    kawingshek
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    edited 4:44AM July 3, 2018
    Xenophobia wrote: »
    What a d**k. Kawingshek pointed it out twice for you and you respond like that. Learn how to read.

I'm disgusted you consider their answer [correct btw] has "0 value" because they're not a CM. Who cares if you need to reinstall or update, it's a closed beta.

Oh, it's all fine. Sometimes it's unclear from the announcement and they just want to get a validation from the officials to clear things up.
    I don't want to stirr things up, family friendly here :D
    It did sting a bit reading the reply, but I realize afterwards that there's only two options to go for and if there's no answer then it's either one of the choices of either update or reinstall as I stated on my reply afterwards.
    Xphobia
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread

TLDR:

What a d**k. Kawingshek pointed it out twice for you and you respond like that. Learn how to read.

Maybe you should learn how to read and see how that person replied to me. clearly you can't read that I wanted a confirm direct blunt answer from the cm. someone that answers your question should not be nasty with it, a simple chill answer would have been ''yes that's right'' not all that extra junk she/he added in there that wasn't needed nor called for there is nothing wrong with me confirming something from a cm/gm or whatever. keep your hurt feelings somewhere else and stop swearing not even needed.
  • kawingshekkawingshek

Maybe you should learn how to read and see how that person replied to me. clearly you can't read that I wanted a confirm direct blunt answer from the cm. someone that answers your question should not be nasty with it, a simple chill answer would have been ''yes that's right'' not all that extra junk she/he added in there that wasn't needed nor called for there is nothing wrong with me confirming something from a cm/gm or whatever. keep your hurt feelings somewhere else and stop swearing not even needed.

I mean... this is an open forum and others could answer or share their own speculation on how they understood the announcement. I don't really see on that quote above being directed towards the CM and there wasn't any @mentions either that you wanted specificly from Cuddles to answer you so I decided to answer you by highlighting the words how I understood and read it.

Maybe you didn't read through it so that's why I quoted the sentence and took a screenshot of it. But hey, you said you read it but still wanted a confirmation even though it said on quote "able to download or update their beta client".

That extra "junk" is copied from Cuddles Post at the top, just making sure you actually saw that information regarding your question.

• XphobiaXphobia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,610
    Maybe you should learn how to read and see how that person replied to me. clearly you can't read that I wanted a confirm direct blunt answer from the cm.
    Where, in your first post, does it say that you wanted a CM only to answer? Maybe you should have clarified that from the beginning before a non CM replied, prince.

"So...the ones that has the game installed from cbt1 don't have to uninstall and redownload this right? just have to patch it right?"
    someone that answers your question should not be nasty with it, a simple chill answer would have been ''yes that's right'' not all that extra junk she/he added in there that wasn't needed nor called for there is nothing wrong with me confirming something from a cm/gm or whatever
    What did they say that was rude? Was it edited out? Funnily enough, their response was a direct quote and screenshot from Cuddles. Wasn't even their own words. Again, too lazy to read or what? You were the only one being rude for no reason.
    keep your hurt feelings somewhere else and stop swearing not even needed.
    I'm not hurt, your first response wasn't even directed at me. Your attitude was ridiculous & unprovoked so I just gave back some of my own.
    Swearing is not needed but it sure is fun.
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    edited 6:21AM July 3, 2018

I mean... this is an open forum and others could answer or share their own speculation on how they understood the announcement. I don't really see on that quote above being directed towards the CM and there wasn't any @mentions either that you wanted specificly from Cuddles to answer you so I decided to answer you by highlighting the words how I understood and read it.

Maybe you didn't read through it so that's why I quoted the sentence and took a screenshot of it. But hey, you said you read it but still wanted a confirmation even though it said on quote "able to download or update their beta client".

That extra "junk" is copied from Cuddles Post at the top, just making sure you actually saw that information regarding your question.

I don't need to add a quote or an @ when talking to thread maker unless someone else decide to quote me. I mean obviously I'm not asking ''players'' something a cm would/should answer. the extra junk was you adding in what you thought or felt or assumed instead of just a flatout answer and moved on, that's what I consider extra junk. clearly I readed the thread before posting but I still can ask whatever I want if it wasn't clear enough for me.
    Maybe you should learn how to read and see how that person replied to me. clearly you can't read that I wanted a confirm direct blunt answer from the cm.
    Where, in your first post, does it say that you wanted a CM only to answer? Maybe you should have clarified that from the beginning before a non CM replied, prince.

"So...the ones that has the game installed from cbt1 don't have to uninstall and redownload this right? just have to patch it right?"
    someone that answers your question should not be nasty with it, a simple chill answer would have been ''yes that's right'' not all that extra junk she/he added in there that wasn't needed nor called for there is nothing wrong with me confirming something from a cm/gm or whatever
    What did they say that was rude? Was it edited out? Funnily enough, their response was a direct quote and screenshot from Cuddles. Wasn't even their own words. Again, too lazy to read or what? You were the only one being rude for no reason.
    keep your hurt feelings somewhere else and stop swearing not even needed.
    I'm not hurt, your first response wasn't even directed at me. Your attitude was ridiculous & unprovoked so I just gave back some of my own.
    Swearing is not needed but it sure is fun.

Where in your mind do you think I want you a ''player'' to answer anything related to the game? did you make the thread? are you pushing out news about the game? did I @ you? did I ask you for help? you also stated ''who cares if you have to redownload'' if you don't care then hush and don't reply to me, simple.
  • LindelyLindely
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,225
    Forum Moderator
    edited 6:29AM July 3, 2018
    @GarlicBread @Xenophobia @kawingshek
    There's no reason delving deeper into the off-topic, so I will kindly ask you to stop the conversation that is getting rather personal or move it to PMs. Feel free to return to the original topic, if you wish to discuss it though.

The original question did not necessarily specify a person you wished to receive the answer from, so your intention ended up being misunderstood, and you were offered a solution you weren't looking for. It's understandable, and there's no reason to start an argument over it or be rude to each other.

As for your question, I will try to confirm regarding it later today with Cuddles, and see if there is a definite answer that can be given to you at this point in time. Please keep in mind that she has a lot on her hands, and she can't answer all the questions she's getting immediately, especially when she is not around due to the time of the day.

• MarshmallloowMarshmallloow
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    they refused to get me into cbt 1 hope i would get into cbt 2. if not they are total...............
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,885
    Administrator

The client for Closed Beta 2 will not require you to re-download the game, just update.
    BUT please be sure to back up any UGC design templates just in case!!
    LindelyBakaAnikiDanDKLa3ellezrxAlzackGarlicBreadRyia_Archertkmisere
  • AnqioniCAnqioniC
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 595
    they refused to get me into cbt 1 hope i would get into cbt 2. if not they are total...............
    Hello Marshmallloow, just a reminder that participating in the Tria's Tournament will increase the chance of getting a key for Beta 2. Good luck! :D
  • SnoopFroggSnoopFrogg
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 515
    I hope I get accepted fingers crossed
This discussion has been closed.