Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[EVENT] Tria's Tournament of Champions

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 61,885
Administrator
edited 10:08AM July 2, 2018 in Official News
With the second Closed Beta only a few weeks away, the classes of MapleStory 2 decided to have a little friendly competition with Tria's Tournament of Champions!

1dasgsdavasdxva.jpg

The eight classes coming to MapleStory 2 on launch have been sorted into an 8-round bracket, with your votes deciding which characters will reign supreme! Head over to the Tria's Tournament of Champions page, learn more about each of the classes to come and pick your favorites!

2dfkvbjaa.png

You'll earn a special Royal Arbiter Name Tag in-game item for casting at least one vote. You'll also earn the special in-game MapleStory 2 T-Shirt just by sharing your vote! Both rewards will be given during Closed Beta 2 and again in the official launch. We've also set aside 15,000 Closed Beta Invites to those that have not been selected, to be distributed to the participants to cast and share their votes the most!

3dfbdfavdfagda.jpg

The first four rounds of the tournament will last 24 hours, starting and ending at 8:00 AM PDT, with the winner of each match advancing on. Be sure to keep an eye out and earn your prizes, and maybe a spot in Closed Beta 2!

Tournament Schedule

Times in PDT (UTC -7):
  • Match 1 (Knight vs Thief): 8:00 AM July 2nd - 8:00 AM July 3rd
  • Match 2 (Archer vs Priest): 8:00 AM July 3rd - 8:00 AM July 4th
  • Match 3 (Assassin vs Berserker): 8:00 AM July 4th - 8:00 AM July 5th
  • Match 4 (Wizard vs Heavy Gunner): 8:00 AM July 5th - 8:00 AM July 6th
  • Match 5 (Semi-Final 1): 8:00 AM July 6th - 8:00 AM July 8th
  • Match 6 (Semi-Final 2): 8:00 AM July 8th - 8:00 AM July 10th
  • Match 7 (Finals): 8:00 AM July 10th - 8:00 AM July 12th
LindelyFaelightArrowVulcanLa3ellemmviiBloohammairitay310SyturioAlzackTheBlackFenixand 6 others.

Comments

• FaelightFaelight
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,755
    Forum Moderator
    Wizard #1! Go Team Wizard! Magic will always prevail!
    LouweAnimeliciousFiloraIlikesausagesLightSnowMasakia
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 30,490
    Oops, almost missed this one! Gotta get used to you posting more than one update in quick succession :p

Nice job designing a simpler event with good complementary rewards that doesn't require full participation every day. And I must say it's unexpectedly generous of you to be giving out that many invites for one event (though obviously you've agreed on the totals long ago, including one less round of standard invites).

It's a shame that there's not too much more to the event though. I would have at least hoped that we could try to guess the outcome or something. Well, I'll give it a try just for fun:
    Round 1: Knight
    Round 2: Priest
    Round 3: Assassin
    Round 4: Wizard
    Semi 1: Priest
    Semi 2: Wizard
    Final: Priest

Anyone else feel free to join in :)
    mmviiLindelyAlzack
  • ZuwixZuwix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 535
    edited 11:39AM July 2, 2018
    I go for priest all the way around
    LindelySterling_Aisling
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,730
    Lol read that I thought it was a real tshirt to be mailed to us :O. anyways I am voting this out just in hope to get a key, 15,000 is a lot.
  • simplylusimplylu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    What does it mean by "share their votes the most"?
  • MeowrenMeowren
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,765
    Spin to win baby!! Zerker squad for life <3 <3
  • mmviimmvii
    edited 12:30PM July 2, 2018
    simplylu wrote: »

I think you can share who you voted for each round once on facebook and twitter. So those who shared the full amount have a better chance of being selected it looks.

Edit: my bad, you can't share it on each, I just shared it on twitter for example and can't share it again on facebook. Just pick one or the other to share it on each round/day and you should have the full amount of chance then.
    DanDKLightSnow
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,085
    Forum Moderator
    Pretty sure the assassin master race is going to leave you all in smoke.
    LightSnowTimeRightyKoalatysleep
  • DanDKDanDK
    edited 1:58PM July 2, 2018
    mmvii wrote: »
    simplylu wrote: »

I think you can share who you voted for each round once on facebook and twitter. So those who shared the full amount have a better chance of being selected it looks.

Edit: my bad, you can't share it on each, I just shared it on twitter for example and can't share it again on facebook. Just pick one or the other to share it on each round/day and you should have the full amount of chance then.

Actually you can do both, but the button disappears after voting (I think, unless you choose neither?) so you'd have to pick both at the same time without leaving the screen.

Also notice how similarly to their previous events, clicking the buttons is enough to count as sharing, so you don't have to actually share anything. So just vote, click both buttons once, wait a few seconds, and you're clear.
  • paipanloverpaipanlover
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,630
    Its maybe a bit off topic, but I have a feeling that the videos that shows the classes are outdated by 3 years.
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,565
    It's simple, funny and rewarding event, I'll support Knight with all my heart, sword, armor, spiked shield and Holy-moly element spells. :)
    I liked descriptions of classes and videos looked appealing, I had an impression that old footage content was used to create all introductions but maybe it's a referrence for each Maple World's adventurer to the surprise with forgotten skills that we'll be getting upon official launch, who knows - miracles do happen...
    Kind regards!
  • XphobiaXphobia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,625
    edited 11:19AM September 23, 2018
    Part 2
  • LightSnowLightSnow
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Priest are probably gonna be the winner over all, Sadden by the Assassin's Results against Berserker! #AssassinMasterRace4Ever
  • paipanloverpaipanlover
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,630
    Im happy that all of my picks lost. Not gonna join the mainstream squad.
  • mmviimmvii
    I am surprised (it can be tough to be a main healer o.O) but glad priest is doing so well. Means there will be lots of people rolling them and they probably are the most needed class.
  • BurnedLineBurnedLine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,555
    poor heavy gunner..
    Always_HidKoalatysleepIseiki
  • NumberNumber
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,570
    What is this.....
    HG lose D:

• FIareFIare
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    Are These 15000 Beta Keys ADDITIONAL in the sense of: "Hey! Here's the CBT2! We are inviting 15000 additional People!" (Two weeks later) "Hey! Here's a Voting Event. This Event includes ADDITIONAL 15000 Beta Keys - so now we can invite 30000 People!"

I hope that's what it meant, because I forgot to vote and share in the second round D:
  • DanDKDanDK
    FIare wrote: »
    Are These 15000 Beta Keys ADDITIONAL in the sense of: "Hey! Here's the CBT2! We are inviting 15000 additional People!" (Two weeks later) "Hey! Here's a Voting Event. This Event includes ADDITIONAL 15000 Beta Keys - so now we can invite 30000 People!"

I hope that's what it meant, because I forgot to vote and share in the second round D:

They are additional because they already stated that there will be two normal invite rounds on the next two Mondays. Anything that comes from events have nothing to do with normal invites, since they are sent to everyone that has signed up at some point.
    However, nobody knows how many invites are sent with normal rounds so 15000 may be a lot more, a lot less or roughly the same amount of invites as people are otherwise going to get.
  • DivaPandaDivaPanda
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 670
    Let's go Priests! We can win this! :)