[NEWS] Closed Beta 2 Arrives on July 18th!

Comments

• DivaPandaDivaPanda
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 670
    Super Hype! It will be sweet to meet some people in game already and help formulate ideas as well as test what they have to offer this time around!
  • NazrinNazrin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,935
    edited 12:06PM June 28, 2018
    @NXACuddles

We Appreciate for giving us the scheduled date for CBT2 and giving us more information as well. Thanks!
    I just want to know for more updates if the server split is 100% confirmed because this will affect for many guilds out there and cause some issues of splitting up the community; examples: Splitting the West & East server. (from what I've seen many others explain in forums).
    ZelosoroLa3elle
  • YoungFoxMarieYoungFoxMarie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,380
    EEeeeyy! I am hyped once again :D Thanks for the update and the schedule NXCuddles.
  • ZelosoroZelosoro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,095
    Thank you for letting us know when the CBT2 is starting. Another week if MapleStory 2 is really nice to hear. Hopefully, there will be a lot more changes received from the feedbacks that will be implemented/modified during the CBT2. More time to test is nice but I would love to actually see results being achieved. Hopefully, it will be the case. Hyped still!
  • DemiiDemii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    How much will the packs cost????
  • VolugsVolugs
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 700
    Glad to finally get a date, but unfortunately it starts right on the day I'm supposed to go to vacation. If only it would start early next month.. Guess that's no second beta for me :cry:
  • myfablemyfable
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    can't wait !!
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,380
    Draigel wrote: »
    My god...why 2 weeks of CBT? We're going to lose everything we did in those 2 weeks because of the wipe after that cbt.

Just don't get too invested. Think of it as an opportunity to try things out without the pressure of a release rush so you're better prepared for next time. I personally think it's a bit long too but they still have 2 weeks to announce more stuff to add to the mix, and with some luck we'll have enough improvements that they can justify an extra week of time to generate feedback.
    Plutoo wrote: »
    Are there still going to be keys given out per account or email or is it just going to be via twitter and other sources ?

CBT1 players have automatic access to CBT2. Other people can get accepted through normal signup at the posted dates, and the access will obviously be bound to their account as per common sense and exactly what they did for CBT1 as well. I assume that most people who sign up at this point will get access because they are adding so many extra players.
    As for events, they will likely give out some additional beta keys like they are doing with their current Twitter giveaway, which have really poor odds and for some reason they're actual keys so they can be abused and traded.
    Nazrin wrote: »
    I just want to know for more updates if the server split is 100% confirmed because this will affect for many guilds out there and cause some issues of splitting up the community; examples: Splitting the West & East server. (from what I've seen many others explain in forums).

You should assume for now that it is final, although we can only know for sure that it is implemented for CBT2 and they may still choose to do something completely else for actual release. However, all serious guilds should definitely have chosen one specific region by now. If it then turns out that something else will happen, you will be prepared for both outcomes. It would be foolish to only cling to the hope that they won't split after all at this point.
    Volugs wrote: »
    Glad to finally get a date, but unfortunately it starts right on the day I'm supposed to go to vacation. If only it would start early next month.. Guess that's no second beta for me :cry:

A lot of people will be having other plans around that period, so just be happy that it's a beta and won't actually hinder any progress for release.

La3ellesimplylu
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    I'm so hyped! I hope I make it this time!!!
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,550
    DanDK wrote: »
    However, all serious guilds should definitely have chosen one specific region by now.

This tbh. I feel like posting it in the guild section of the forums cause alot of them are still labeled as [NA] without having picked a side yet.

DanDK
  • XtonyXtony
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,835
    CBT date is cool and all, people are getting hyped but you guys forgot to ask the most important question.
    Will there be Battle Royale for CBT 2?
    Batz
  • QuindinQuindin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    great! hope everyone can participate.
    myfable
  • AtraeaAtraea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Good to see a solid date down, crossing my fingers to get into CBT2 as I'm fairly new to MS, but it looks fun from what I've seen already - and to help find pesky bugs!
  • AmelaAmela
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 780
    Yaaay can't wait
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,865
    edited 5:25PM June 28, 2018
    I'll make sure my sword is ready on July 18th, thanks for the news.
    2 weeks of testing seems like a lot of time but it's understandable when we have some amount of content to explore as well as all changes and adjustments in regards to the previous beta build and given feedback to examine thoroughly. I'm glad that I'll be able to play further with features which I barely touched or skipped during the first Closed Beta. It's also good that we'll get a chance to accumulate more Merets in order to examine as many items from Meret Market as possible so we can find plausible arguments for healthy discussion about availability, pricing, value of presented products and voice our concerns about P2W aspect with given examples after CBT2 concludes.

I'm looking forward to more details about Founder's Pack.
    Kind regards!
  • OvernOvern
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 995
    I honestly still have two questions, or I guess concerns I wouldn't mind answered before the CB2.

First of all, I never made it into CB1 but I signed up for it very early and even did the event thing to get the maple armor stuff. I see that there's word saying that people who Got into CB1 are automatically qualified for CB2, but I last time I heard it was people who signed up and didn't make it. This has started to confuse me, and it'd be pretty depressing to not make it into both beta tests..

Secondly is the matter of which server would be better for an Australian player to get onto seeing as there is no Oceanic one. And before someone mentions the Korean version, it was already suggested to me the last time I asked this and I am not allowed. So it is not a choice I have. Normally this wouldn't be a problem in an MMO and I can just jump into literally any server and never experience noticeable lag most of the time or in some cases at all, However nexon games tend to be different in that certain areas are just terrible to walk through or that I constantly experience skill lag.. making it harder to use certain skills or with timing. MS1 and oddly enough Vindictus seem to be the only games where this isn't much of a problem, and I hope MS2 is similar but I would like to know in advance just in case. If there's a ping number next to the server on the menu then that'll probably help.
  • NumberNumber
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,020
    They are adding Oceanic server
  • simplylusimplylu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    How does the Twitter giveaway work??
  • pholtospholtos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,225
    Hope there's been some good improvements this time around, for instance:
    mining and gathering improved (limited amount of gathering/mining per area causing this to be something I mostly ignored)
    fishing reeled in (could fish for as long as you want without running out of fish, highest level fishing gave you purple equips for some reason)
    more variety of exploration stars in areas (and maybe some sorta explanation for ones like "perform with friends" on how to get it to work), along with improving some of the exploration stars being a bit more challenging (defeat the boss of the area was sorta pointless when you were 20 levels higher than it) and having stars involving attacking enemies with objects actually meaning hitting the enemies with objects rather than just picking up the objects and swinging them.
    gold treasure chest spawn rates (had a lotta problem with these)
    general bug fixes
    balancing of flying mounts so they don't trivialize areas

Not at all complaining here, just things I noticed in the first closed beta and had reported. Really appreciate the work you guys have put forth up til now.
    DanDK
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,380
    Overn wrote: »
    I honestly still have two questions, or I guess concerns I wouldn't mind answered before the CB2.

First of all, I never made it into CB1 but I signed up for it very early and even did the event thing to get the maple armor stuff. I see that there's word saying that people who Got into CB1 are automatically qualified for CB2, but I last time I heard it was people who signed up and didn't make it. This has started to confuse me, and it'd be pretty depressing to not make it into both beta tests..

Secondly is the matter of which server would be better for an Australian player to get onto seeing as there is no Oceanic one.

Both of your questions have already been answered in official posts.
    Your first question is worded very confusingly so I'm not even sure if yes or no is correct. But the correct answer is that everyone who got into the first CBT will automatically get into the second, and for anyone else, nothing is guaranteed.

Yes, an Oceanic server was already announced.
    LindelyMvtsui