[NEWS] Closed Beta 2 Arrives on July 18th!

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,365
Administrator
edited 10:15AM July 2, 2018 in Official News
It's time for the good news you've been waiting for: Closed Beta 2 will arrive on July 18th, and run through the end of July!

WlKUCUQl.jpg

Closed Beta 2 Duration:
- PDT (UTC -7): 10:00 AM July 18th - 10:00 AM August 1st
- EDT (UTC -4): 1:00 PM July 18th - 1:00 PM August 1st
- BRT (UTC -3): 2:00 PM July 18th - 2:00 PM August 1st
- CEST (UTC +2): 7:00 PM July 18th - 7:00 PM August 1st
- AEST (UTC +10): 3:00 AM July 19th - 3:00 AM August 2nd

The second Closed Beta will introduce a number of changes to help us prepare our servers and systems for the full release. This includes new dungeons, more quests to complete, a test of the Meret Market systems and more people to give our network a real workout. We'll have more information for you about what's to come in MapleStory 2's Closed Beta 2 as we approach July 18th, so keep an eye out for more Producer Blogs!

We will be sending out invitations on Monday, July 9th and Monday, July 16th. If you aren't selected, don't worry, we'll also be giving away additional beta keys with social events on the MapleStory 2 Twitter account over the next few weeks. We'll also start selling a limited number of Founder's Packs when Closed Beta 2 begins, which come with access to Closed Beta 2. And finally, we'll be partnering with Razer, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, to give out more Closed Beta codes to fans when Closed Beta 2 begins! And keep an eye out for another event coming early next week...
LindelyPoseCyolVernoneBakaAnikiAkuma524mmviiLa3elleMarkMAlzackand 40 others.

Comments

• PosePose
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,800
  • Wild_PikachuWild_Pikachu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 435
    Is it legal to use VPN like mudfish to lower ping as long the country i live at is allowed to participate in CBT? I'm on the list but my ping still isn't good.
  • CyolCyol
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,070
    Super excited! :D
    PoseZelosoro
  • NumberNumber
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,020
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,390
    Is it legal to use VPN like mudfish to lower ping as long the country i live at is allowed to participate in CBT? I'm on the list but my ping still isn't good.

Yes, it's legal. No one will arrest you.

On that note, hype for CBT2!
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,265
    Thanks for the additional information. You haven't mentioned any more content that what's already been covered in your previous blog posts, but I hope you still have a few more things planned that you will be revealing over the next few weeks since you're going to run a 2 week test this time. Specifically it'd also be nice to get more feedback from you regarding progression, P2W and other player feedback we expect you're taking seriously.

In addition to dungeons and quests, that would be direct updates regarding combat mechanics, puzzle challenges, skill unlocks, class diversity and content difficulty, and what's ultimately going to happen to the previous main quest since it needs to be dealt with before any other changes will have impact. As I've also mentioned previously, I'm sure people are also interested in variation in content even for your existing focus on dungeons and quests. More of the same is better than nothing, but it'd be nice to soon see some leaps from you that show that you are willing to make actual changes to the game in order to improve it for release. Quality changes don't have to be complicated - they can be as simple as tweaking some numbers on the right variables, or swapping things around. The game already has a lot of potential and content that is there and ready to use, if only you would do so.

Can't say for sure but logically it should be okay. However, unless Nexon has made a really convoluted design, you should never be able to get a better ping with a VPN than without one.
    Akuma524La3elleMarkMzrxWild_PikachuEvoraZelosoroAlzackSktccgnehC
  • BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,405
    Can't wait \o/
  • La3elleLa3elle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,835
    This is my first time playing MS so fingers crossed for CBT2! hzrkeatvosd2bwqnh6nj.gif
    MarkMmmviiBunniiSalendiZ
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,550
    latest?cb=20120511203040

Crossing my fingers too to get in lol ^^.
    WaffleDreams
  • zrxzrx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,350
    DanDK wrote: »

Can't say for sure but logically it should be okay. However, unless Nexon has made a really convoluted design, you should never be able to get a better ping with a VPN than without one.
    I'm no techpriest but there is a day and night difference between VPNs used just for faking your IP address and VPNs used for better network routing. Without going into any poor attempt at explaining how it works, all I can say is that if you've ever felt like your ping is a little high you should try using such a program and see how it works for you. Nexon wouldn't be the only company to call out for convoluted design at this point since it just happens to be a thing that works for probably every single game out there.
    Wild_Pikachu
  • NasirNasir
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,525
    AAAAAAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHHHH!!!!!!
    133c05f207f6bd33265c2d2e15aad181.gif
    MasakiaSktcc
  • VixroVixro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,390
    I fail to see where months gap from CBT1 and CBT 2 are coming from. Everyone is so busy spamming "hype" they seem to have forgotten that we were kept in the dark for this long and all we know is CBT 2 will have more quests, unlocked dungeons and fixed ladders. Essentially the weeks of "feedback" they went through all came towards no actual changes being made from them.

But sure.... 'hype' for another testing session that will drag on the release for nothing as they will not incorporate any of the changes we suggest into the release as they have failed to do so for CBT 2.
    Johny88888888hankiepix
  • iDomoiDomo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 925
    Super hyped for this!

I have been trying to keep busy by playing Maplestory 1, but it just doesn't fill the void.

Q.Q
  • DraigelDraigel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 885
    My god...why 2 weeks of CBT? We're going to lose everything we did in those 2 weeks because of the wipe after that cbt.
  • HoIyHoIy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,410
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    We'll also start selling a limited number of Founder's Packs when Closed Beta 2 begins, which come with access to Closed Beta 2. And finally, we'll be partnering with Razer, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, to give out more Closed Beta codes to fans when Closed Beta 2 begins! And keep an eye out for another event coming early next week...

Hey Cuddles, can you clarify on what you mean by limited number of founder packs? Are they going to run out if so how many will there be for sale?
  • JordanXcraftJordanXcraft
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Hype!!! please this time I hope I get accepted!
  • DatGuyGothDatGuyGoth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    OMG OMG OMG YES hopefully I can get in since cbt 2 is supposed to be twice as big but regardless I cant wait YAYAYYAYAYA
    Zelosoro
  • EvoraEvora
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,965
    Had a feeling CBT2 would be longer than the first. If they're planning to make more significant changes, it makes sense they'd give us more time to find bugs/exploits that might pop up. If they've actually taken our feedback seriously, then this CBT should be more of an actual test than the first.

Or maybe the two weeks is just a way to make buying the founder packs more alluring, and the changes won't actually be as big as we expected. Hopefully not.
    ZelosoroLa3elle
  • PlutooPlutoo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 820
    edited 11:59AM June 28, 2018
    Are there still going to be keys given out per account or email or is it just going to be via twitter and other sources ?
  • FaelightFaelight
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,585
    Forum Moderator
    See you all in game in 20 days! I am hyped all the way to the moon