Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

"Closed Beta 2 Dungeon Sneak Peek!" by CM Cuddles

Comments

• CandleCandle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,625
    With each team blog that comes out, I'm getting the feeling that you're intentionally misleading people into thinking that flipping a switch that enables content amounts to "new content additions."
    DanDK
  • NekkoalaNekkoala
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,170
    edited 3:39PM June 20, 2018
    김치놈 wrote: »
    ...or maybe that's why there's a weekly limit to dungeons anyways, so that you have to pay real money for auto-fishing vouchers and get your gears that way instead.

The limit is there to 1. limit exp gain and 2. prevent people from just grinding dungeons 24/7 until they have their legendaries. Since legendaries are a bit hard to come by its also way to incencitive people into spending cash.
    ChillBear wrote: »
    Another thing that bothers me heavily is the amount of content that exists that I fear will never be used in any meaningful way. I'm looking at you lower level dungeons and maps. Why have these areas exist if we will simply bypass them? There is SO much of the experience we will be missing out should they continue down the current route of power levelling us to end content. This bothers me vehemently and I know others feel the same.

That's because pre-restart, dungeons were the way to level. That wouldn't work with the current system though because of the daily/weekly limits
    mmviiNyura
  • LiQiyeLiQiye
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    more interested in when will ms2 close beta 2 launch
  • EvoraEvora
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,035
    I'm not really sure what to think about this. Guess I'll have a clearer understanding of it once I test things out myself.

1-49 dungeons are still an issue, however. I'd like to see the limit removed and a bit more incentive to do them more than once.
    DanDKTamakiSakurabolder_taste
  • LockeExileLockeExile
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,275
    edited 8:58PM June 20, 2018
    Glad to see most of the other posters here had the same reactions I did. More end-game content is always welcome of course but it's far from what the game needs right now. You need to decide if you want the game to start at level 1 or level 50. CBT1 was a 1-day rush to level 50 to unlock dailies, raids, and absurdly scaled gear. The sad part is that there's already so much content pre-50 (dungeons, world bosses, exploration, trophies, not to mention the more social aspects) but the game encourages you to skip it. World Quests seemed to be a step in the right direction by downplaying the role of Epic Quests in level progression and allowing more variety, but with this update you're just adding more reasons to rush to 50. These two combined actually makes the situation worse. ("I want to rush to 50 even more now, but it's going to take me longer.")

On a more positive note, I think the treasure dungeons are a great idea for providing more value to the overworld treasure chests. I gave a few suggestions for treasure chests in my feedback and this solution is even better so I'm happy about that. I just hope it's not arbitrarily gated by level 50 like dailies are. (seriously, move dailies to like 20.)

I want to reiterate. You don't need to add more pre-50 content. The game is full of it and I love all of it. You just need to make level progression slower so we have a chance to experience it, and let us feel okay with progressing slowly. Reducing Epic Quest EXP does a lot for the former so thanks for that. Now I hope you'll look at the systems that make us feel like we're "missing out" for every day we're not level 50 (e.g. daily missions), or that make us feel like our current situation is worthless ("Why should I care about my current gear when five levels from now I'll get gear that's exponentially better?"), or that actually punish us from doing lower-level content (e.g. lower-level dungeons taking away from our capacity for higher-level dungeons).

Or you can go all-in with the idea of the game not starting until level 50, in which case I don't know why you thought World Quests were a good idea.
    BakaAnikiDanDKTamakiSakuraAlzackpaipanlovermelatoninlolzrxSdragohnEvoraNyuraand 2 others.
  • ChrisKChrisK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 425
    Thank you for the updates and the info. We know you guys and gals are doing the best of your ability to make Beta 2 and Launch perfect. I'll give as much feedback as I can once it starts. Hype is strong !! We need to make MS2 a success for global
    La3elle
  • paipanloverpaipanlover
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,660
    edited 1:22AM June 21, 2018
    As some people already said, what about all the other dungeons/raids(1-49)? There is no need for them to exist, if we rush to through the game. I still hope that the exp from the main quest will be cut in half at least, so we have to do other things to level up after we`ve finished one part of the main story.
    DanDKLa3ellebolder_taste
  • SoulXCloudSoulXCloud
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,295
    It's sad that we have to go through again and most likely all our content will be wiped. But I am happy to jump in the game again and try out the new dungeons
  • JaygoonJaygoon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 205
    Is it ready? *twiddles thumbs*
  • AxyAxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,020
    edited 11:35AM June 21, 2018
    Question, are the people who want the leveling process to take a long time from the MS community? I never played the game so I don't know much about it other than reaching max level took a very long time. And if thats the case then, I believe they should stop trying to demand aspects from ms1 be implemented into ms2 cause they're both different games and ms2 was created to appeal to a wider audience. But on the flip side I do agree they should do something about the dungeons that aren't really used for anything atm, by either remaking them to end game(level 50 dungeons) or adding incentive to do them as you level.

TL;DR - I think it's fine end game starts at level 50 and it's easy to achieve, but I think the extra dungeons should be reworked.
    mmviibolder_taste
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    Axy wrote: »
    Question, are the people who want the leveling process to take a long time from the MS community? I never played the game so I don't know much about it other than reaching max level took a very long time. And if thats the case then, I believe they should stop trying to demand aspects from ms1 be implemented into ms2 cause they're both different games and ms2 was created to appeal to a wider audience. But on the flip side I do agree they should do something about the dungeons that aren't really used for anything atm, by either remaking them to end game(level 50 dungeons) or adding incentive to do them as you level.

TL;DR - I think it's fine end game starts at level 50 and it's easy to achieve, but I think the extra dungeons should be reworked.

I think they are which I understand, I want the dungeon cap removed like it was in Dragon Nest. MS2 is similar to Dragon Nest in that you can max in a day so I am used to that. MS1 seems to have taken forever which is cool too I guess. Just not a game where the game starts at max lvl.
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,000
    Question, are the people who want the leveling process to take a long time from the MS community?

I'm brand new to the Maple World with GMS2, and I want leveling to be slower. I'd like a similar progression rate to my main MMO, FFXIV.
    DanDKbolder_taste
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    It's great to hear that there is more to do after hitting the dungeon limit. I'm curious to know if they plan on adding anything without a limit.
  • BattleDuckBattleDuck
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 825
    'Bout time!!! the beta better be at least 8 months long!
  • BattleDuckBattleDuck
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 825
    will there be cash shop item for purchase?
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Question, are the people who want the leveling process to take a long time from the MS community?

I'd like to turn that question around and ask: in what successful or even decent MMO that has ever existed in this world are you able to reach end game in 7 hours?

Does it matter if we come from MS1, WoW, FFXIV or whatever? Is that necessary to possess common sense?
    NyuraZelosorobolder_taste
  • HoIyHoIy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,220
    edited 3:51AM June 22, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »

I'd like to turn that question around and ask: in what successful or even decent MMO that has ever existed in this world are you able to reach end game in 7 hours?

Does it matter if we come from MS1, WoW, FFXIV or whatever? Is that necessary to possess common sense?

I personally have no interest in slower leveling and I think it's perfectly fine to have content concentrated in "end game". I figured I'd post since the majority seem to favor slower leveling etc.

For your question can you tell me a successful MMORPG where the content is focus on leveling rather than end game? FFXIV is known for having a terrible leveling experience where it promises amazing PvE end game but I could personally never reach it because leveling was so much of a pain. Every other MMORPG is the same where they made leveling experience easier because realistically people don't want to bother that much with leveling. You can realistically reach end game in a few days for most modern MMORPG games.

Especially MS2 where it's aim at casual players I don't see how making leveling slower will help anyone.

The reason for games to be design this way is to get everyone in the same content/place. Harder leveling might be great when the game launches but it will kill growth once the hype dies. You can see this with a lot of games with harder leveling because no matter how the game is designed eventually people will only care about end game. So when the game gets too hard right from the get go new players are isolated and don't want to grind to order to play what everyone else is playing. This is why EVERY modern MMORPG have to adapt to this type of style in order to make the game sustainable for older players and new players alike.

Also level 50 is not the max level. It's where the tutorial level ends. I think people see level 50 and get confuse thinking that it's end game when it's where the game actually start. This is the compromise that they did in order to satisfy people who want to grind and those who don't. If you guys want to grind and do memorial difficult content you can do that.....all it takes is for you to spend one day to level past the tutorial.

I personally prefer how they are shaping the game. Have players experience the noob friendly version of the dungeon and re-introduce them later once they past the tutorial.

Overall, it's easy to get people to agree with you when the narrative is "Why do you rush people to level 50 and then design exclusive dungeons after that point?" But in reality it's not that exclusive if people can get that content in one day.

edit: Idk maybe I lack common sense or I'm getting too old. I can't imagine how they can make the tutorial level better and the solutions I'm reading sounds like a pain and focus on a small niche of players. Not everybody likes to waste time on content that doesn't matter(and no making the content a little harder for the average player =/= making it matter). Not everyone likes to do party puzzle or jump quest. I like that I can do the things I wanted to once I past the tutorial level.

People keep talking about the good old days of MS1 leveling but that doesn't even exist right now in MS1 because it was proven to be a terrible design.
    Calwyn
  • NekkoalaNekkoala
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,170
    edited 9:36AM June 22, 2018
    HoIy wrote: »
    Also level 50 is not the max level. It's where the tutorial level ends. I think people see level 50 and get confuse thinking that it's end game when it's where the game actually start. This is the compromise that they did in order to satisfy people who want to grind and those who don't. If you guys want to grind and do memorial difficult content you can do that.....all it takes is for you to spend one day to level past the tutorial.

How long will people keep parroting this without having a clue?
    The 'tutorial' goes all the way up to 70, at which point the exp needed skyrockets to billinos of exp.

For your question can you tell me a successful MMORPG where the content is focus on leveling rather than end game?

Maplestory 1.
    NyuraZelosoroDanDK
  • HoIyHoIy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,220
    edited 10:38AM June 22, 2018
    Nekkoala wrote: »

How long will people keep parroting this without having a clue?
    The 'tutorial' goes all the way up to 70, at which point the exp needed skyrockets to billinos of exp.

For your question can you tell me a successful MMORPG where the content is focus on leveling rather than end game?

Maplestory 1.

What are you talking about? I'm talking our current version. This thread is literally talking about our version so at least read the thread please. Even if we are talking about other version(s) my point doesn't change at all. People are currently complaining about rushing to 50 but it's the tutorial level as of now. I didn't think I need to clarify that.

How long will people keep talking without actually doing any reading? I literally just said Maplestory doesn't even have the same leveling style that people want for MS2. Unless getting to 200 in 1 day doesn't count as rushing to late game.
  • zrxzrx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,350
    Reaching level 50 in just several hours is alright only if they turn every level 1-49 dungeon into something higher level, along with most of the areas in the world. The reason why people have an issue with the current leveling speed is that 90% of the game's content is below level 50 and completely useless because of it.

We who want slower leveling aren't necessarily asking for a grind, we simply want 100% of the game's content instead of 10%. Making leveling from 1 to 50 a journey or putting everything above level 50 are the only options for making the game as big as it was designed to be.
    LockeExileZelosoroDrakooonDanDK