edited 10:28AM June 21, 2018 in Heavy Gunner
400px-Heavy_Gunnerchar.png?version=55b972ce6e6fe028e7293bf23f160193

Attributes: Physical, Fire, Lightning
Main Stats: DEX, Physical Damage
Play Difficulty: ★★☆☆☆
PVP

Stat Overview

ZSjaDKs.png

Heavy gunner has great animations, and it's fun to look at. I had a lot of fun playing heavy gunner, they have a high cool down rate ~ they have great potentially doing large amount of damage, and have power to nuke down your enemies fast! The class is semi-difficult due to rotation of skill! You need to know how to properly cycle your damage, by knowing when your skills are up, and when you should use certain skills, and how you should use certain skills. People didn't pick this class much in kms2, due to the lack of mobility, you do have a skill called rocket launch allow you to move around! I found a hard time getting dps in boss fights, due to the fact if the boss is moving around a lot, you will have a hard time getting damaged in! They also cannot run & attack at the same time!

I personally went ALL DEX!

if you have any other questions, you can ask me here; or check out my twitch ~ twitch.tv/l0lita

Comments

• IslandXDIslandXD
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 615
    edited 6:12PM June 21, 2018
    This post feels like copy/pasta from 2 years ago. A patch that is not even closely accurate for the current state of the game.
    As someone who has been playing Heavy Gunner since KMS2 CBT, I will share some more accurate info in regards to your claims.

One of the less picked classes,
    True statement.

lowest dps and not often picked for raids/dungeons.
    This statement was only true during the early stages of KMS2.
    Being selected in parties are now heavily based on weapon enhancement/gems as a baseline, as well as player mechanics.
    Unless your party is struggling to clear a raid and are uptight about damage, no one cares if you are a heavy gunner.

Heavy Gunner has skills to perform high total damage in Boss Raids when utilizing skill rotations correctly!
    True statement

Cannot attack and run at the same time.
    False. I can think of 5 skills just off the top of my head where you can use while moving. (Jumping towards any direction)

Most of the skills do no lock onto enemies or players.
    This is a moot point. Most skills have somewhat of an aim assist in the game for all classes.
    As for Heavy Gunner, 2 skills are 100% lock on accuracy if you are within range.

Aiming is required, hence the has the potential to be good, but most people lack on rotation.
    This is not only limited to Heavy Gunners, but for all classes. This point is also not specified to only Heavy Gunners.

Stat building, you either can go all dex, or mixture of dex & str.
    You do not add STR. Thats like saying I should put my skill points into Medical Kit. Worthless.

You do have great mobility,
    Heavy Gunners have DECENT, at best, mobility. However, the movement mechanics feel very clunky which is partially why people do not want to play Heavy Gunner. Not because they are weak in any way, shape, or form.

Rocket Launcher allows you to quickly move to a specific location!
    You are only limited to 1/2 block push back from your line of sight. It's not really "specific location," because you will be aiming and your push-back course is already predetermined relative to your line of sight.

If you have any questions regards to MS2 or Heavy Gunner, PM me
    DanDKDatahoundSPACEBOY_Kallas
  • TinyWaifuTinyWaifu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,615
    edited 6:13PM June 21, 2018
    IslandXD wrote: »
    This post feels like copy/pasta from 2 years ago. A patch that is not even closely accurate for the current state of the game.
    As someone who has been playing Heavy Gunner since KMS2 CBT, I will share some more accurate info in regards to your claims.

One of the less picked classes,
    True statement.

lowest dps and not often picked for raids/dungeons.
    This statement was only true during the early stages of KMS2.
    Being selected in parties are now heavily based on weapon enhancement/gems as a baseline, as well as player mechanics.
    Unless your party is struggling to clear a raid and are uptight about damage, no one cares if you are a heavy gunner.

Heavy Gunner has skills to perform high total damage in Boss Raids when utilizing skill rotations correctly!
    True statement

False. I can think of 5 skills just off the top of my head where you can use while moving. (Jumping towards any direction)

Most of the skills do no lock onto enemies or players.
    This is a moot point. Most skills have somewhat of an aim assist in the game for all classes.
    As for Heavy Gunner, 2 skills are 100% lock on accuracy if you are within range.

Aiming is required, hence the has the potential to be good, but most people lack on rotation.
    This is not only limited to Heavy Gunners, but for all classes. This point is also not specified to only Heavy Gunners.

Stat building, you either can go all dex, or mixture of dex & str.
    You do not add STR. Thats like saying I should put my skill points into Medical Kit. Worthless.

You do have great mobility,
    Heavy Gunners have DECENT, at best, mobility. However, the movement mechanics feel very clunky which is partially why people do not want to play Heavy Gunner. Not because they are weak in any way, shape, or form.

Rocket Launcher allows you to quickly move to a specific location!
    You are only limited to 1/2 block push back from your line of sight. It's not really "specific location," because you will be aiming and your push-back course is already predetermined relative to your line of sight.

If you have any questions regards to MS2 or Heavy Gunner, find me on -Redacted

Don`t post your twitch on my post, if you want me to update something.. let me know but you literally agreed to everything i posted . i didn`t sya theyre weak but on less picked classes due to issues with rotations so idk what you`re on about lol
  • HicciHicci
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,310
    Dont see the point in this post since we already have several guides and overviews from people who actually know their stuff. Also when you have someone giving feedback to you and offering more information, you don't just start going on defensive like he insulted you personally. I would much rather watch his stream than yours.
    DanDKKoalatysleepBago
  • TinyWaifuTinyWaifu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,615
    edited 12:13PM June 21, 2018
    Hicci wrote: »
    Dont see the point in this post since we already have several guides and overviews from people who actually know their stuff. Also when you have someone giving feedback to you and offering more information, you don't just start going on defensive like he insulted you personally. I would much rather watch his stream than yours.
  • RaznRazn
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 415
    Lol what kind of overview update is this? This looks like a shameless Twitch plug. SMH
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,975

What are these 5 skills because the only skills I can think off that you can actually deal damage while on the move is your dash and suborbital bombardment lol. Every other skill you are lock in animation...and dot (damage over time) skills do not count you are still lock in the animation before they start ticking.
  • RaznRazn
    Keeno wrote: »

What are these 5 skills because the only skills I can think off that you can actually deal damage while on the move is your dash and suborbital bombardment lol. Every other skill you are lock in animation...and dot (damage over time) skills do not count you are still lock in the animation before they start ticking.

He's talking about jump shooting. It's a commonly used technique to bypass stationary animation locked skills. Not all skills can do this but many can. It allows you to jump in the direction you want while pulling off the "stationary" skill. I don't have a high level HG but I know you can do that with several of their skills.
    Keeno
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,975
    Razn wrote: »
    Keeno wrote: »

He's talking about jump shooting. It's a commonly used technique to bypass stationary animation locked skills. Not all skills can do this but many can. It allows you to jump in the direction you want while pulling off the "stationary" skill. I don't have a high level HG but I know you can do that with several of their skills.

Fair enough I've never heard of it myself but then again the only info I look through regarding gunners is on these forums so that doesn't say much. I have tried this just now and yeah jumping and performing a skill shot does reduce frame lock time. Thanks for giving me something else I have to learn -.- lol
  • RaznRazn
    Yep! Try to master jump reloading. It's especially useful for pvp when kiting. Can almost do the entire reload animation while in the air (mileage may vary with ping). I also find it useful for boss encounters where you need to re-position to avoid aoe damage.
  • HicciHicci
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,310
    Razn wrote: »
    Yep! Try to master jump reloading. It's especially useful for pvp when kiting. Can almost do the entire reload animation while in the air (mileage may vary with ping). I also find it useful for boss encounters where you need to re-position to avoid aoe damage.

I personally bind reload next to my jump and bind loot somewhere else since tbh, you dont loot much manually. Really helps with the timing.