Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

CBT2 in July will the hype die?

Comments

• KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    The hype will never die. It may go into hibernation, but it won't die.

Just think about it... Just because the game will release later than expected, is it cause for someone to refuse to play it forever? What will happen once that day comes? Will they still refuse to play it because at some point in the past the expected release date was pushed?
    DrakooonDanDK
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,065
    Kewkky wrote: »

Just think about it... Just because the game will release later than expected, is it cause for someone to refuse to play it forever? What will happen once that day comes? Will they still refuse to play it because at some point in the past the expected release date was pushed?

That's the spirit! Let's just hope that most of the players that enjoy this game doesn't complain too much! I've waited for this game since the official news like many years ago!

Players just dont realize that this game has the potential to destroy the market!

---Drakooon on mobile
    DanDK
  • FerrionFerrion
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,100
    The only way it will "die" imho is if the claim of "taking so long because we want to do it right" turns out to be BS.
    Delays aren't inherently bad of course, but the claims been made before by mmo publishers(to then be found as BS) nor is Nexon NA the bastion of quality of customer service & care.

Wait it out, see how things unfold and then judge. Maybe they're going to try do a good job for once, least I hope so.
    DrakooonGarapax
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,485
    edited 3:37PM June 15, 2018
    I'm happy for the news on actual estimation on the date.

Not happy that we likely won't get a summer release after all, which was my only hope for the whole progress haha. But of course I'll participate in CBT2 and launch. Well, CBT2 might be while I travel so if that happens my play capacity will be a lot lower (because IRL is 1000% more important).
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    Forums will probably get quiet in late June that's for sure. Like others have said though people will probably come back when more direct news is given.
  • FaelightFaelight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,925
    Hype comes and goes like the tide, I wouldn't worry too much. The forums will slow down until CBT2, and then explode with life like they did during the original announcement at MapleFest. The people who have waited years for this won't mind waiting longer. I really hope that it is a great polished game because that will attract the most players!
    DrakooonDanDK
  • Akuma524Akuma524
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,610
    edited 6:34PM June 15, 2018
    Honestly, I was kind of expecting open beta right around now, with official launch coming out in July. But with the news we have now about there being a second closed beta being in July, I think it's safe to assume official launch won't be happening until September at best, but even that depends on what they plan on doing with all the feedback to improve the playing experience for everyone. I can say for sure, that supposed "NA server split" is going to be one of the catalyst the sets in motion the downfall of the game, but we'll see how that turns out at a later date; hopefully they just listen to how the community feels about stuff like this and takes it into consideration.

When it comes to the hype, I do think it'll go quiet, but it won't die completely. There's been plenty of games that have been announced and took a few years to come out; a most recent example being the upcoming Kingdom Hearts game. Even with The Last Guardian if I recall correctly, that game was announced way back in 2009, but no word on it again until 2016 and at least from what I gathered of it, it was a pretty well-made game. They have the potential to do things right with this game; they just need to utilize that potential properly.
    Drakooon
  • GarapaxGarapax
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,185
    I must say I am bit torn on how to take the split of the servers. While i do believe it will help with playability within the region my concern is that it will split the community creating tow different climates for the game if one dwindles it will ultimately lead to low daily active users which will then deter new players. I guess in the end what really concerns me, what really gets me worried is the countless MMOs that have failed so tremendously fast in recent years. I want this so bad to be a success and i guess posting on the forums make me feel a little better.
  • ChalkiChalki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,490
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,065
    @Ferrion makes a pretty solid point about customer care/service. I hate using the term "Nexon" because I hate generalizing in general (lol). But I would love for this game to be cared (and tendered) for the sake of obvious improvements to cater to the western side of the world.

The west loves customer care... they love being noticed after they submit problems. Preferably quickly. I just wish that customer care/service is another big feature this game needs.

Since there have been the creation of new content (i.e. producer blogs, MS2 team intros, contests, official news etc.) I seriously think that's better for the customers and so good job team!!

---Drakooon on mobile
  • mmviimmvii
    Gonna be a lot slower to release then I thought but let's hope the final product will be better for it.
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    Well it's quite upsetting that it will most likely be towards the end of july which is really baffling to me really as I have never seen any game company take such a long time before testing phases and it's quite sad on nexons part. It just shows how slow and unpredictable they will prove to be in the future
  • GarapaxGarapax
    Vixro wrote: »
    Well it's quite upsetting that it will most likely be towards the end of july which is really baffling to me really as I have never seen any game company take such a long time before testing phases and it's quite sad on nexons part. It just shows how slow and unpredictable they will prove to be in the future

But would you rather they rush and put something incomplete or inadequate or take their time and get right (well as close to right) for the most amount of players? Me i'll take the latter.
    MurphysMittenDanDK
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    edited 8:29PM June 17, 2018

Exactly this. I've said it before so I'll just quote myself;

Olujiwan wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the view.

The game is only going to be better because of this.

• GarapaxGarapax
    Vixro wrote: »

But would you rather they rush and put something incomplete or inadequate or take their time and get right (well as close to right) for the most amount of players? Me i'll take the latter.

Exactly this. I've said it before so I'll just quote myself;

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the view.

The game is only going to be better because of this.

Well this is this forums if discussion is not here then where else?
    MurphysMitten
  • KuroyashaKuroyasha
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 490
    For the Beta Test 2 in July, it seems more hyped than Beta Test 1 at least. Since quite alot of people have missed out on that one.

For the Official/Open Beta release it might die a bit, due to multiple Beta Tests, wipes, time it take to process feedback, bugs and other info. If they take too long, alot of people might have already moved on to other games. Though the same could be said if it has too many bugs on release.

Not going to make a weird comparison like KH2 with KH3, because that's more compareable to watching the final movie of a trilogy. Wanting to know how the continuation of a story ends.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Kuroyasha wrote: »
    If they take too long, alot of people might have already moved on to other games. Though the same could be said if it has too many bugs on release.

People who would have already moved on are the ones with short term investments. They would have played for a bit, gotten bored and jumped to the next game either way. They'll also most likely come back again at some point because they will be jumping on for a short while after release no matter how long it takes, just to try it once, then move on to something else anyway. So no big loss there.
    People who have been and will be waiting for as long as it takes are the same ones that have long term hopes for the game and they won't mind waiting, plus they will be gone for good if the game ends up being of poor quality. So this is where it makes sense for Nexon to spend some extra time polishing (redesigning) content.
    mmviiNyura
  • TriniTrini
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,380
    Better wait for good than rushing for bad.
    nihiri
  • mmviimmvii
    DanDK wrote: »
    Kuroyasha wrote: »
    If they take too long, alot of people might have already moved on to other games. Though the same could be said if it has too many bugs on release.

People who would have already moved on are the ones with short term investments. They would have played for a bit, gotten bored and jumped to the next game either way. They'll also most likely come back again at some point because they will be jumping on for a short while after release no matter how long it takes, just to try it once, then move on to something else anyway. So no big loss there.
    People who have been and will be waiting for as long as it takes are the same ones that have long term hopes for the game and they won't mind waiting, plus they will be gone for good if the game ends up being of poor quality. So this is where it makes sense for Nexon to spend some extra time polishing (redesigning) content.

I have to say, sad but it seems true lol :/.
  • CzareCzare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,700
    edited 8:51AM June 18, 2018
    100% its gonna die
    but that doesn't matter, the brand "maplestory" is already well established and wont be forgotten

the game itself has been in kr for a couple of years now,
    with people sitting around bored for the global release for almost the same amount of time
    then when the 1st cbt came it sprung back to life...

nexon has a leg up, P2W and charging people exorbitant prices will kill the game and possibly lead to private servers which will serve as nails in the coffin.
    GarapaxMurphysMittennihiri