Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Question: what spider is this?

LuminecentLuminecent
Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,885
in Off Topic Discussion
Hey sorry for the random question, but i really cannot find this anywhere on the internet. i used to encounter this spider, or thing a lot when i was younger, it would usually flock around an electric box outside in groups of thousands, its really creepy, i saw one today on my pillow and was really focused on trying to figure out what it was.

Desc:
- SUPER orange, like neon orange, maybe some red in there too, it was 100% orange and no other color was on it.
- SUPER tiny, like as small as a single grain of sand.
- Looks a lot like a crab, but i don't know

i would send a pic, but i killed it and its nothing but a stain of blood on my blanket now, unless you want to see that. the blood is more red then orange doe :)
Drakooon

Comments

• MushroomMurderMushroomMurder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,340
    Those could have been spider mites. They are these really tiny spider things that munch on plants if I recall:

Top-10-Essential-Oils-For-Getting-Rid-Of-Spider-Mites.jpg
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,060
    Those could have been spider mites. They are these really tiny spider things that munch on plants if I recall:

Top-10-Essential-Oils-For-Getting-Rid-Of-Spider-Mites.jpg

Id have to agree, as we have a spider mite problem on our bushes in the yard, the description matches up to what I see on the driveway during the spring months.
  • LuminecentLuminecent
    edited 4:09PM June 12, 2018
    it could be, the one's here are pure orange, while this one is a bit transparent, also it is not hairy. but in the end it could just be the environment that changes their looks so it is different here.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,060
    Luminecent wrote: »
    it could be, the one's here are pure orange, while this one is a bit transparent, also it is not hairy. but in the end it could just be the environment that changes their looks so it is different here.

and the one in the picture is a LOT closer up than the actual thing, which is why it might look different than what you see with the naked eye :P Again, I have a voracious spider mite problem in the bushes of my yard. Be careful of them around your plants, they can devastate them. (would take a picture but I don't have my phone on me right now)
  • LuminecentLuminecent
    the problem is i never saw these around leafs, for me, they appear around places with a lot of electric current going on.
    Drakooon
  • BoyatachiBoyatachi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 515
    i think i know what you mean, but i do not know the name either xD
    Drakooon
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,050
    @Luminecent aaah... I commend you for observing it. Something as small as those would just crawl in my ear and we would call it a day.

Here's a description:
    el613d.jpg

---Drakooon on mobile
    DanDKLuminecentmmviiAmaranthine
  • LuminecentLuminecent
    YES!! @Drakooon this is what i was looking for, tysm!
    Drakooon
  • AmaranthineAmaranthine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,665
    I'm working outside for my internship this summer and I can't tell you how many of those things I've found crawling over me and/or my gear.
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,880
    edited 7:30PM June 17, 2018
    Nice find Drak ;).
  • SumGieSumGie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,405
    I've been seeing them on my computer desk lately, which is strange because I usually find them on plants or stone.