Forums Avatar Update

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,365
Administrator
edited 7:29PM June 11, 2018 in Official News
Hey Maplers! I have some good news and slightly poop news regarding forum avatars... -.-

I'll start with the poop news... The following avatars with the red boxes will be removed from the forums as the characters are unreleased in other services of MapleStory 2 or contains epic spoilers. We apologize as we understand that some Maplers have grown attached to these characters as their avatars. These avatars will be removed on Friday, June 15th. RIP.

hrtWpZXm.png

NOW THE GOOD NEWS!! We will be updating the forums with new avatars some time next week with the following:

16 Class Avatar Images (this will include both the Male and Female versions)
- Berserker
- Wizard
- Knight
- Heavy Gunner
- Thief
- Priest
- Assassin
- Archer

18 New NPCs Avatar Images
- Aisha
- Allon
- Vanilla
- Mint
- Cathy
- Rosetta
- Einos
- Eve
- Frey
- Katvan
- Lolly
- Mika
- Oska
- Peachy
- Starz
- Tina
- Warden Belma
- Yoyo

Thanks for you patience and understanding, Maplers. :-)
JointTamakiSakuraElliebirdMarkMHadesCatFaelightPepper'n'ShameWormuEvoraHyphoxand 41 others.

Comments

• TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,650
    Thanks for more avatars.
    Sterling_AislingXorzistTigerpaws
  • ElliebirdElliebird
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 675
    Whew, at least the chubby cat is safe. Can't wait to see the new avatars!
    MeowrenDiiwicaKargoDrakooonBaconsTakenRanikaYayoiTokiTokiPonkmoAikaand 1 other.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,345
    You know, after playing the CBT, not once did I think to myself "I don't remember seeing those characters before"... I feel kind of silly now.
    VixieNilieXorzist
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,835
    Welp, this was the only avatar from the current list that I liked.
    Xorzist
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,335
    edited 8:15PM June 11, 2018
    RIP Spodler avatars XD

Edit: I hope one day they allow it to show our IG characters once the game is out.
    Xorzist
  • ilovemaplestory2_01ilovemaplestory2_01
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,390
    [/quote]
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    - Mint

with this, consider yourselves entirely forgiven for not releasing the game yet

you done good

Sterling_Aislingtkmisere
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,475
    edited 9:30PM June 11, 2018
    Woot this is so needed!
  • FaelightFaelight
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,585
    Forum Moderator
    Brace yourselves for Mint vs Vanilla discussions.

Peachy4Life
    ChalkiNXACuddlestkmisere
  • FoulFoxFoulFox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Hey Maplers! I have some good news and slightly poop news regarding forum avatars... -.-

I'll start with the poop news... The following avatars with the red boxes will be removed from the forums as the characters are unreleased in other services of MapleStory 2 or contains epic spoilers. We apologize as we understand that some Maplers have grown attached to these characters as their avatars. These avatars will be removed on Friday, June 15th. RIP.

The transparency suggests that the motive for this change is less about a mistake and more to hint that story development is far from over.

Also Cuddles?
    While we are on the subject of story development; I do have some helpful feedback regarding your questlines. I have a video that I will be making that explains everything, but basically, I found a podcast with Blizzard's Quest Designer on the World of Warcraft team, he is now the Principle Designer of Overwatch; Mr. Jeff Kaplan. He talks about quest design in World of Warcraft and some of the critical mistakes that he had made while writing quests. The most relevant is one that your quest team can also be found doing. Jeff Kaplan stated that the worst mistake he had made was creating quests that force users to travel far distances over and over. He says that the story becomes lost in the experience and he received complaints daily until he removed those questlines.
    I agree that, although many of the questlines in Maplestory 2 provide much-needed lore, they can also feel tedious and take up more time than necessary in travel alone.
    If I might suggest? In future quest-lines it would feel more immersive if everything was linear. If you want users to travel to a location; be sure that the next quest-line remains close by. I ended up giving up on the main quest altogether after reaching Beta cap level 50 because I felt that I could be doing better things with the time provided. I will have a video up soon that showcases Blizzard's Jeff Kaplan explaining bad quest design versus good quest design. If you like, I can return and post the link?
    ZuwixDiiwicaNilieBaconsTakentkmisereSolartile
  • WormuWormu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 850
    Thank you for more designs! Although I don't particularly use the characters you're removing I do understand that some people will not be happy with that. It is nice to see a better variety, though. I'm glad more are being added as some are removed. Thanks for working on the little details, as a consumer I really appreciate that you're listening to fans and feedback.
    Vixie
  • tsemilytsemily
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,050
    i can't wait to get into the game its just so exciting even though i been waiting since may 5th 2018 and still excited of wanting to play it so i hope i'm able to play it
  • CubeNoobCubeNoob
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,815

hrtWpZXm.png

NOW THE GOOD NEWS!! We will be updating the forums with new avatars some time next week with the following:

16 Class Avatar Images (this will include both the Male and Female versions)
    - Berserker
    - Wizard
    - Knight
    - Heavy Gunner
    - Thief
    - Priest
    - Assassin
    - Archer

18 New NPCs Avatar Images
    - Aisha
    - Allon
    - Vanilla
    - Mint
    - Cathy
    - Rosetta
    - Einos
    - Eve
    - Frey
    - Katvan
    - Lolly
    - Mika
    - Oska
    - Peachy
    - Starz
    - Tina
    - Warden Belma
    - Yoyo

ooo! This is interesting news haha thanks for the spoilers ;) But I'm fine with my current portrait!
  • Vash_The_StampedeVash_The_Stampede
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    I love my cat avatar, but maybe one of the new ones will Catch my heart xD But just because of this forum message I've taken extra note to the "forbidden" avatars, lol.
    Meowren
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,830
    Thanks for the update, hoping to see more avatars in the future. I'm satisfied with my current picture but I appreciate the fact that Maplers will have more choice to distinguish themselves from the list of clones, at least partially for now.
    Keep up the good work!
    ShadowsBenea
  • NyuraNyura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,200
    I don't remember who even half of those NPC characters are (or looked like), so it's going to be exciting to see if anything new will interest me.

Also, I'm guessing lots of folks will change theirs to Belma
  • MorrowWhiteMorrowWhite
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 535
    How can it even get spoiled if there is no game yet to be spoiled.
    stusader
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,550
    Nice, looking forward to it.
  • DewyChewyDewyChewy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,900
    Good, not like I liked this avatar to begin with~ hmph!
  • VixieVixie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,480
    I'm bracing myself for inner conflict of picking purple hair or Vanilla.