Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop

Rizásaika Moderator Application

rizariza
Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,745
edited 1:56AM May 3, 2019 in Moderator Applications
Firstly, I would like to express how I am very excited and ready to be your new Moderator. Everyone on the platform, including my close friends and family, understand I love maple. I love the game so much it is not even funny. I had been welcomed with open arms into the ms2 server by cuddles and made a lot of friends and joined a lot of ms2 groups. Running this time is to give back as much as what was given to me.
I am a Mapler who plays the game daily by helping my guild and close friends socializing and getting to meet people in my respected servers. I am a member of Pantsu guild “Shout Out to Pantsu!!!!” and hope to bring the same fun we have to the community.

- A brief description of why you think you are the right fit to become a Moderator.

My main reasons for wanting to become a Moderator is because I'm always either managing, or a part of groups, and feel that I have many ideas that can help make it run smoother and efficient. I see how the forums and discords are run professionally, and I hope to bring the same energy and professionalism to this role.
I am always innovative in providing novel ideas, but most of the time I am suggested to send emails instead of a direct message in my discord. I feel if I have a role in which I possess the influence to help the community and my servers directly, it would bring a lot of people to the game. My main goal is to improve the culture and bring new positive energy to the game. Also, to help build better connections between players and staff, and be one of the bridges to make it happen.

- What do you hope to achieve and provide for the community as a Moderator?

I have mentioned some of my goals above, but I would like to go into further detail. I want to first be more involve with the community and get to know more people. I know the role is mainly targeted to the ms2 game, forums, and discord, but my goal is to not only be active in helping the ms2 environment but others as well. As each platform has their own culture, own style, and social groups I want to get to know most of them and be more familiar with it I know from the last world transfer event most people had switch servers and some even underwent a level of culture shock due to meeting a different kind of people with different culture in their respected platforms.
I want to help players who are having a rough time and having issues within the community and help resolve it to make a more positive community. I feel that the more of us the better as strength comes in numbers. I feel if we are united, we can dominate as a community. My motto is “Players First” and “Unity!!”

I want to bring what I have done in khroa and ms2 beta and discords to this position. Having most people get to know each other, getting to know some of them. Also getting to know the people who you never see. I know a lot of us only see big streamers and only recognize high profile individuals, my goal is to find ways of everyone being able to show off their unique greatness or talents. I also want there to be a way to maybe do voice channels or events that can bring people closer together. My overall goal is unity as the division is against my nature and background.

- Do you have any experience moderating for other communities? If yes, please explain.

Recently I have been taking on roles of moderating with aot (attack on titan) servers and became mod captain. In one of the servers, we work closely with Reddit and help the aot community get to know more about the culture. We also help with manga releases moderating same way as ms servers, but we work and strive to get along and build closeness with our respected community. If I quote our moderator leader "we want to feel like family and be able to talk and act that way around each other, We are not looking to be dictators but work towards building closeness to our members".

I followed this philosophy to heart and worked towards that over the goal. I help implement and think of ideas to help our community. The other server I am a volunteer helper and learning more moderator skills and learning how to work with people in management. I feel with these skills it would show that I'm fully capable of operating and working in a team function which is essential to this position. I can say also I have insight with dealing with disrupted members or trolls and will act in the best interest of the server. It also shows competence as you will need it to be able to manage multiple people.

Now if you are talking Nexon forum communities I haven't participated in leading or moderating any of sort. I have led my server in khroa raid parties such as ursus, lotus and Damien parties. I have also run a guild in my server for 3 years and within that time I also lead 10 successful alliances as an alliance leader. I also like to note that my alliance in khroa was the only multilingual and cultural alliance in khroa where we had French, Spanish, English, Creole, and Korean speaking or background members within our group. Our alliances or guild always welcomes diversity to its fullest and demonstrated it with its long track record.

During those times I would be put in charge for most functions or raids due to my track record. The real-life experience I help run most to all clubs in school, overseeing managing students and contacting and sorting issues or events if it were to occur. I was in my school MSG varsity as a news reporter and editor as I had to take care of getting people together and making reports on all activities on school grounds (was easy cause I was in mostly all the clubs).

I also held a position on a radio station where I oversaw running and hosting shows at the station. I also had a part-time as a performing secretary where sometimes as I am a certified stage combatant would act as a heel for some showcases. As you see most communities inside and out, I demonstrated excellence and had been put in my positions, not due to anyone favoring me or putting me there just to put me there, but because I was the competent and best person for the job.
I won about 10 awards at my school for leadership and my capabilities of performing such as my debate team, performing arts team, and school leadership awards. I feel my awards speaks for my abilities of getting the job done and being recognized for my competence and performance.

Conclusion
Now I can understand there will be a lot of people who will like me running and be all for it. There will be some who won't, but overall, I feel my experiences and background shows I am fully capable of moderating. I don't talk about what I can do, I show it through action as actions is louder than words. I feel I have helped a lot of people in the community and had been the voice of the voiceless. I am a people person and a fighter who will fight for my people. Picking me for moderator is picking someone who has shown he will fight and defend their members and community. Now I am open for criticism and encouraging it as I want to hear how the ms2 community feels. I hope all would consider me Riza Saika as your new moderator.

MS2
IGN- RizaSaika
World- North America East
MS1
IGN- Rizásaika
World- Bera
Discord- RizaSaika#8726

IqrntkG.png
CarrotInPotilyPantsuJacksonDieuMichaelMouseZarozian
  1. “Am I fit to be a Moderator for MapleStory 2?”90 votes
    1. Yes
       48% (43 votes)
    2. No
       52% (47 votes)

Comments

• iLL_iLL_
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,440
    good luck riza, you seem like a solid applicant. I will say though that is a LOT of info to take in and you should probably put more separations in your post so it is easier to read. other than that i don't see anything wrong.
    rizaAlluringSecretsShadowsBenea
  • rizariza
    iLL_ wrote: »
    good luck riza, you seem like a solid applicant. I will say though that is a LOT of info to take in and you should probably put more separations in your post so it is easier to read. other than that i don't see anything wrong.

oh sure I will break it up lmao thanks for advice
    iLL_
  • iLL_iLL_
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,440
    riza wrote: »

no problem G, best of luck.
  • rizariza
    riza wrote: »

no problem G, best of luck.

Thanks >.<
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,070
    riza wrote:
    Most on this network would distinguish me as the most outgoing Mapler, and the biggest asset to hit this game since Fangblade
    riza wrote:
    As you see most communities inside and out I demonstrated excellences and had been put in my positions not due to anyone favoring me or putting me there just to put me there, but because I was competent and best person for the job. I can probably be considered over qualified due to me being involve in most communities projects.

Riza, while we have always been at odds, I want to be real with you here, can you put aside your ego (these quote comes off very egotistical) and do what is RIGHT and not what is "best for you"? A lot of my friends in Bera have told me you spam "I'm the best" in smega and caps and stuff of the sorts, which I think in a moderator, you need to also be humble and not self-centered. There is a lot more to being a moderator than "being the best".
    riza wrote:
    I also want their to be a way to maybe do voice channels
    The other mods have said this won't work, even with extra moderators. It's extremely hard to moderate a voice chat of well over a thousand people (if the class counts in MS2 discord mean anything) and keep people from saying harmful or rude things.
    riza wrote:
    I don't talk about what i can do, I show it through action as actions is louder then words. I feel I have help a lot of people in the community and had been the voice of the voiceless. I am a people person and a fighter who will fight for my people
    But will you fight for people you don't like? People who disagree with you? People like me? Also with the first part of the quote, you talked a LOT about what you "can" do in the previous paragraph. I am sure I will dissect more of this later.
    ShadowsBeneax3TheZerox3TseneNyuraChalkiAkuma524
  • rizariza
    edited 7:54PM May 30, 2018
    "Riza, while we have always been at odds, I want to be real with you here, can you put aside your ego (these quote comes off very egotistical) and do what is RIGHT and not what is "best for you"? A lot of my friends in Bera have told me you spam "I'm the best" in smega and caps and stuff of the sorts, which I think in a moderator, you need to also be humble and not self-centered. There is a lot more to being a moderator than "being the best"."

Well I am only saying the truth and how I feel, I understand your comment as some had said it before. I can say that I empathisize and feel for the people who very much not like it. But I always love to hear people express self love and confidence in their craft. I never heard a basketball player say their the worst. I feel that words are powerful and if I say I can do it and I will do my best It will manifest itself. Now if I was to say the complete opposite those are the results I probably see. I like to note that I barely or haven't been in bera for months due to me being in shows and only had said I am the best in december 27 from what I recall. That only time I done it in bera. As my only character is Rizásaika a bishop. I had Smega before though it is true as I run a ursus server to help manage the whole bera server ursus raids which you will most likely see people go in ch 13 due to it being the main khroa ch for ursus. Now you will see my fellow ursus staff and friends smega for ursus as i'm not there a lot rn.

"The other mods have said this won't work, even with extra moderators. It's extremely hard to moderate a voice chat of well over a thousand people (if the class counts in MS2 discord mean anything) and keep people from saying harmful or rude things."

I had known about that as well, I only said I would find a way to maybe make it work or find a alternative. Nothing is impossible if a few Great minds Brainstorms ways to make it possible. I feel part of being in the job should have people who are innovative and able to not only critically think of new ideas, but also take complicating ones and be able to make it work. I'm a programmer myself I have had people told me many type of codes and programs are hard to make work, but found ways to do so. But I cant fully agree cause it depends on the person, but I do see your point as it is a hard job to do.

"But will you fight for people you don't like? People who disagree with you? People like me? Also with the first part of the quote, you talked a LOT about what you "can" do in the previous paragraph. I am sure I will dissect more of this later."

But ofc I always have help people I hadn't agreed with. The biggest relationship killer or preventer or something that makes a person dislike another is communication issues. I am not a grudge holding person I don't block people, nor kick unless there a reason. It would take a lot for me to stay mad. I mean I do get along with the mods in ms2 and members I hadn't before even though what happen in ms1 discord. I feel its petty to use your authority or power to have a one up on a person. Also I don't have time to hate on people I have many other priorities such as helping friends or my fellow community members have a good time or with their issues whether in game or real life. But I understand that how you feel, but I can definitely assure you i wouldn't waste the time and energy hating you, harassing or anything your thinking of. I'm only trying to make ms2 great again and be for the people and while your a ms2 member your part of the people I mean ;) .
  • rizariza
    I feel I forgot some information :O
  • DrandelDrandel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,420
    Although I am not the one to judge, I believe you want to make your application very good, but for me as a normal person in the community don't really like long application. I know you want to give us lots of information but condensing it down would be very beneficial. I'm sure the current mods don't want to hear a person's whole backstory. One thing to keep in mind.
  • LuckyBunnehLuckyBunneh
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    Good luck Riza~chan! I love you! <3
  • rizariza
    Drandel wrote: »
    Although I am not the one to judge, I believe you want to make your application very good, but for me as a normal person in the community don't really like long application. I know you want to give us lots of information but condensing it down would be very beneficial. I'm sure the current mods don't want to hear a person's whole backstory. One thing to keep in mind.

thanks for the heads up I usually write have a lot of information so that why I put a lot Cause I have a big resume.
    Good luck Riza~chan! I love you! <3

thanks love you too <3
  • rizariza
    This application process is fun ;)
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,050
    Forum Moderator
    Please try to avoid bumping your own thread
    PreversiveOlujiwanNilremShadowsBeneaTsene
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,520
    I'd vote for him. He can keep his ego in check and put aside personal opinions and agenda and keep them from influencing his choices.
  • haguarehaguare
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    I have talked and gamed with Riza ever since Global Maplestory had the massive world transfer event, and everyone moved to the server Bera. I became a part of his discord server which is based on organizing successful and fun Ursus battles. I am now an active admin in his discord server, contributing in the content and operations. I have noticed and became Riza's friend because of his positive leadership skills, knowledge and wisdom in rules, and continuous aspiration for innovation. I think Riza makes a perfect fit for any kind of responsibility.

Discord: haguare007#8527
  • TseneTsene
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,475
    edited 3:53AM June 1, 2018
    Well that self bumping/unnecessary posting gave me the feeling of desperation and begging for attention, which isn't appropriate behaviour.

So with that I'll have to vote no.
  • NyuraNyura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,590
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    riza wrote:
    Most on this network would distinguish me as the most outgoing Mapler, and the biggest asset to hit this game since Fangblade
    riza wrote:
    As you see most communities inside and out I demonstrated excellences and had been put in my positions not due to anyone favoring me or putting me there just to put me there, but because I was competent and best person for the job. I can probably be considered over qualified due to me being involve in most communities projects.

Riza, while we have always been at odds, I want to be real with you here, can you put aside your ego (these quote comes off very egotistical) and do what is RIGHT and not what is "best for you"? A lot of my friends in Bera have told me you spam "I'm the best" in smega and caps and stuff of the sorts, which I think in a moderator, you need to also be humble and not self-centered. There is a lot more to being a moderator than "being the best".
    riza wrote:
    The other mods have said this won't work, even with extra moderators. It's extremely hard to moderate a voice chat of well over a thousand people (if the class counts in MS2 discord mean anything) and keep people from saying harmful or rude things.
    riza wrote:
    I don't talk about what i can do, I show it through action as actions is louder then words. I feel I have help a lot of people in the community and had been the voice of the voiceless. I am a people person and a fighter who will fight for my people
    But will you fight for people you don't like? People who disagree with you? People like me? Also with the first part of the quote, you talked a LOT about what you "can" do in the previous paragraph. I am sure I will dissect more of this later.

I think I have to agree with this post here. While I don't personally know you, @riza , I do believe that your application quite "screams" egoism and a superficial/self-centered attitude in various ways. That coupled with your overall approach to responding to posts doesn't give me a positive vibe from you. Also, your writing style is quite messy and not very fitting for a VFM presentation.

All these things considered, I'm choosing to go with a 'No'
    Chalki
  • ChalkiChalki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,490
    Nyura wrote: »
    riza wrote:
    riza wrote:

riza wrote:
    riza wrote:

I think I have to agree with this post here. While I don't personally know you, @riza , I do believe that your application quite "screams" egoism and a superficial/self-centered attitude in various ways. That coupled with your overall approach to responding to posts doesn't give me a positive vibe from you. Also, your writing style is quite messy and not very fitting for a VFM presentation.

I agree with Nyura, but I'm withholding my vote for now. I believe you have good intentions and maybe you're just struggling to display them properly.
    I don't feel strongly enough to say "no", but I don't feel comfortable at this time voting "yes".
    I'd ask you to please don't feel discouraged, but something tells me you're not easily defeated. ;)
    This is a great opportunity for you to show off your will to learn and improve and I look forward to seeing it. Good luck!
    riza
  • rizariza
    Chalki wrote: »
    Nyura wrote: »
    riza wrote:
    riza wrote:

riza wrote:
    riza wrote:

I agree with Nyura, but I'm withholding my vote for now. I believe you have good intentions and maybe you're just struggling to display them properly.
    I don't feel strongly enough to say "no", but I don't feel comfortable at this time voting "yes".
    I'd ask you to please don't feel discouraged, but something tells me you're not easily defeated. ;)
    This is a great opportunity for you to show off your will to learn and improve and I look forward to seeing it. Good luck!

Yea I wasn't bumpimg up post more of revising due to actually friends and people who voted for me saying to look over while I did rush to post my thread. I can understand some people who may not like what they see and can empathisize with that. But like you said my intentions are good and for the people who had voted yes I will make sure their votes are heard by my actions and for those who voted no it's ok as well, my actions in the job will make those no's future yes's. And my ego and confidence is built from my experiences instilled in me by dad family and friends. And that's why everything I do I do it with passion. But yea chalki I don't want you to just give me a yes I want to definitely earn it as I don't want the position unless everyone is certain I'm capable of doing the job. As I posted above it has my discord and server if anyone wants to talk or see me at work before casting votes as I am around and my information is above for all use. But thanks again for feedback.
    Chalki
  • ilyPantsuilyPantsu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    good luck out there brother I'm pretty sure if you get accepted you are going to do a nice job!
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,880
    I wish you luck @Riza, from talking to you on discord a bit, you seem like a pretty cool person and I think given the chance you might surprise some people.