Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

I͏̴ ̷s͘҉́e͝ę̴͘͠͞ ̵̧͟͠n̛͜͢o̵͠͞w̷̡̛͢͡

Trevor_MendesTrevor_Mendes
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,310
edited 4:59AM July 7, 2018 in General Chat
W̵͠h̛̀y͏̛̕
  1. the steps1 vote
    1. it comes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. too M̴̡̺̱̺̟̘̗̥͈̹̥̳̮̻̙ͮ̎ͮ͒̈̌͂̽̈́̑͐ͤͧͤͦͤ̄̋̚͢͟ͅͅU̽̈͌͑ͩ́̉̆̔̅͛̕҉̸̧̨̟̻̰̜̬̘̞̠̭̻̫̞̣̹͍̦̠C̴̮̭͚̤͛̓͛̂ͧ̎͒̽̐̊̓ͯ̑̇́
       100% (1 vote)

Comments

• DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Friends, definitely! The 3d aspect was nice, and house building (+ minigames which are missing from your poll) works well for the game too.

Character customization was fun with all the free Cash Shop stuff we got, but it won't be as easy in the real game. Classes feel quite bland though.

As for the rest of the stuff on your list, I'm afraid it sounds like a joke.
    Quests and levelling up? The level curve is a joke and so is the main quest. There aren't any other quests.
    Difficulty? Resource management? As you said, you just dodge stuff and spam the same skills over and over.
    Combat and raids? The monsters are laughably easy, you can kill everything by yourself and there is no content offering any challenge.
    Diverse items? Excuse me, which items? I don't see any of the fun items from MS1, only the same class equipment reskinned and recoloured 100 times, even from raids. Where are our fun hats, umbrellas, tubes, snowboards, random food weapons outside anything only found in the Cash Shop?
    LORE, again, what lore? The stuff in the main quest is so poor that it doesn't even have anything to do with MapleStory, and the class quests died after the tutorial for every class and was never mentioned again.
    DrakooonNyuraAlohasmileycat
  • Trevor_MendesTrevor_Mendes
    @DanDK
    Alright man, all I'm doing is naming the core aspects off, it sounds like you just have a problem with the game, which I can't really do anything about!
    If all you needed was place to vent, I'm all ears, but man you're really coming off as pretty rude.
  • CeliaCelia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,585
    My favorite part is definitely the social aspect. Great to socialize with a great community and make new friends.
    Trevor_MendesAlohaMile
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    I actually liked the lore but I think it wasn't wise of them to get rid of sidequests.
    Social would definitely be very close though, it was so much fun to chill and talk to friends.
    I can't wait for the release so I can play with all of my friends! :)
    Trevor_Mendes
  • Trevor_MendesTrevor_Mendes
    @Sherri
    @Celia
    Definitley! Social aspects of a multiplayer game is totally necessary, ms2 did a great job on it! :)
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,065
    I like the minor things that made me stay while I held on to my questing. 7 days wasn't enough time because this game is not really a 7 day game type lol. But, the game itself has details which were spot on to keep me focused.

It (the game) was not too confusing that I had to step away during my questing. It was pretty interactive and the story itself was easy enough to follow. It wasn't too exciting but there were elements in the story that made this game pretty original feeling.
    3b4.gif

---Drakooon on mobile
  • EvoraEvora
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,035
    I actually really enjoyed the combat, especially with a controller. I often found myself just killing things for the hell of it.
    Aloha
  • NyuraNyura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,690
    Your poll is missing an option for "exploring the world/completing exploration goals" ...uhm, I mean unless somehow that's somehow part of the 3D aspect option?

Idk, but exploration was my favorite part and this game has done a good job making it obsolete for 50 levels.

Normally it -would- and should come with questing and leveling up but.. there's no side question and leveling is a joke so....there's that. I had to go out of my way to do unincentivized exploration and it was for nothing since nothing prompts you to visit places and all you really do is sight-seeing

Would have to agree that 98% of your poll options are a joke/non-existent in the actual gameplay
    DanDKAloha
  • smileycatsmileycat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,110
    social, and jump quests in other people's houses!
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,485
    edited 9:03PM May 26, 2018
    Chilling - as in all the social aspects of MS2. The wonderful minigames (Dance Dance Stop, Maple OX, etc), playing and listening to instruments, player houses, seeing how everyone's characters look...

I have withdrawals from this now T-T
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,065
    Tsene wrote: »
    Chilling - as in all the social aspects of MS2. The wonderful minigames (Dance Dance Stop, Maple OX, etc), playing and listening to instruments, player houses, seeing how everyone's characters look...

I thought withdrawals meant you stopped doing those things? I understand just how you feel...

---Drakooon on mobile
  • NyuraNyura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,690
    Drakooon wrote: »
    Tsene wrote: »

I thought withdrawals meant you stopped doing those things? I understand just how you feel...

---Drakooon on mobile

CBT is over, so we all got forced to stop doing what we most liked in the game, so I believe that was meant with withdrawal :0
    Drakooon
  • zixerzixer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 645
    character customization was def my favorite. I screwed around in photoshop so much perfecting my meme skins for hours on end. I still have the files saved so when the game finally comes out I can use them again
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    Voted Character customization, so far what I've seen it is pretty exhaustive. Ms2 will have a good deal of variation so characters will look different which is cool.
  • DewyChewyDewyChewy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,905
    When I first heard of the game coming out and saw you can create homes for your character and build it. I was sold. LOL!
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    Reminder that side quests do exist just....after level 50.

I guess nobody else explored that much?
    Some of them were even "daily" stuff according to the map.
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,905
    i feel like i'm in the minority but i actually liked the main questline and story. i mean, it's maplestory... i didn't go into cbt expecting some long epic deep prequel and i was just fine with what there is. i think they'll put more side quests in for launch, they probably wanted to make sure the core quests worked. i liked exploring, the dungeons and raids i did were just fine. (and yes i quested and raided with friends, i dunno why so many people think they were forced into questing alone, like, you can quest with anyone? there's no limitations there unless you decide not to play/party with people.)

all in all the social aspects of the game was great and i'm really looking forward to immersing myself in the community.
    Nilrem