Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

So.. what happens next?

OvernOvern
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,005
edited 12:41AM May 17, 2018 in General Chat
Because the Forums seem to be in a bit of an Uproar now that the CBT has ended.

Another question: I can kinda Understand why the previous CBT players would automatically qualify for another CBT.. considering there may still be a stress test. But they understand that said players would be burnt out after the first test and likely wouldn't want to play again until official release. I understand they might still want to work out a few kinks in controller support, test further gameplay without the Cash Shop.. and maybe give more players an opportunity to see if they'll enjoy the game.

After all, as far as I know.. All features in the CBT are free so that they can be tested unrestricted. Some players might want to do something that is unavailable in KMS2, but might not get the opportunity in the official release when pricetags litter everything.

If there is another CBT, everyone who is allowed in.. I'd say it'd be nice to not only look for what can be improved upon a game that's already been out for years.. but what can be added to it, before the point where you'll have to really work to give such feedback.
mewberiTsene

Comments

• MoschaMoscha
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    In my honest opinion, they shouls not wait long till obt or release.

It would kill the hype again.
    People waited long for this and if it gets delayed alot, people wont wait for it that much.

I ubderstand they need to fix stuff etc.
    but they should keep that in mind
    mewberiSagefistRurumoTsenePotcookieDrakooonZeroliostusader
  • wackalotwackalot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 680
    i said it in another post but normally when a compagny make a closed beta at this time of year..its to release in summer! :P
    raise hype while school is on so people talk of it, then vacation come and big release.
    that said i could be wrong.

from the closed beta we had, the "lag" we had came from frames and not ping even with 50 people in same map aoe'ing.
    the only real "bugs" are like fishing with op magnetic lures giving out weapons it shouldnt really...
    and a minor bug in housing where it would switch block i was using to another randomly(seems like an amount problem, i got more of this designed block so it change its spot in the queue and even the block im holding)
    theres also the cash shop but that can be arranged quite fast normally after they have the list and prices figured :)
    Akuma524
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Now what? We can only wait and see what's in store for the future.
    If Nexon needs another CBT, then so be it.
    Even if I am a bit burned out, I'll still take part in it because I was selected into the CBT and I feel committed to helping.
    DanDK
  • SaitanaSaitana
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,060
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,000
    Hopefully they make enough changes based on our feedback that another CBT is necessary.
    DanDKHarrmsChalki
  • GIVEMEBETAINVITEOMGGIVEMEBETAINVITEOMG
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 445
    Man I really wish they let us PLAY THE GAME. They can always patch that "feedback changes" later on, like seriously 90% people are starved and JUST WANT TO PLAY ............................ Like so many other games change over time, feedback is taken into account and stuff. Now hype is high and there is lotsa people willing to play MP2 which guarantees high player base, why delay and kill the hype :(. Its like keeping starving people barred from table full of feast.
    Drakooon
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,065
    Man I really wish they let us PLAY THE GAME. They can always patch that "feedback changes" later on, like seriously 90% people are starved and JUST WANT TO PLAY ............................ Like so many other games change over time, feedback is taken into account and stuff. Now hype is high and there is lotsa people willing to play MP2 which guarantees high player base, why delay and kill the hype :(. Its like keeping starving people barred from table full of feast.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they quickly just tweak the exp and buff monsters really high just to stress test the new environment. If we all got stuck in the first 3 maps because the monsters are too hard. I wouldnt mind that happening. It will give us practical gameplay to discuss on how we should proceed with hard content. So we can focus on how/where/who we can travel to (well actually be trying).

Remember when the crimson balrog would kill us all for the first time? Do that, but this time no one can warn us of what's outside. Plus, dont make the environment THAT difficult. Just make it bearable but difficult at the same time.

---Drakooon on mobile
  • Jayz0rJayz0r
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 335
    I'm in not rush, I only managed to get in on the weekend found myself not bothering during weekdays sadly. I'm just wondering if our names & added friends are going to be saved as I met some nice people when I was playing.
    Harrms
  • OvernOvern
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,005
    Jayz0r wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if our names & added friends are going to be saved as I met some nice people when I was playing.

Sad to say that you're likely going to have to find those people again in the forums if you want to play with them again.