Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Fishing and the pointless music

RisuneRisune
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
edited 11:26AM May 16, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Fishing can give epic gear, why is it so much better than raid gear? I don't understand why Nexon is promoting their players to AFK fish or sit for hours not playing their game for end game items. Please nerf this, In comparison Music gives nothing? how comes fishing gives so many benefits but music doesn't?
mewberi

Comments

• MaesMaes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,530
    edited 3:53PM May 16, 2018
    Music is fun, so that's really the motive there. Also it's a good way to AFK level.

Fishing should definitely be re balanced , but it is the CBT after all, hopefully this kind of stuff will be worked out on release. It may have even been intentional to let people gain access to easily obtainable gear quickly and test out bosses, ofc I don't know any more then anyone else.

I do like the idea of fishing rewarding decent gear though. Maybe something on par to Dungeon gear to get you into raids, albeit much less common.
    RisunemewberiAlylioSherriTheChaosLegendTummy
  • LaukkahLaukkah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    Music gives you the peace that fishing could never give you, to work hard on a piece of music and perfect it and then you play it for people and you make them happy, is that not a greater reward than gear?
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    I think Music giving buffs like Mabinogi used to would be a good idea. I don't think the fishing gear will be as relevant later on but people having a reason to play music other than for the sake of playing music would be cool.
  • BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    Music brings people together. Its not part of the game as a exp-grind-achievement. Its a social networking device.
    Lunii
  • WoopWoop
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 800
    Aren't the OP fishing equips limited to the event magnets? If so, then it's not really a concern for the official release.
    Lunii
  • LuniiLunii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,010
    Woop wrote: »
    Aren't the OP fishing equips limited to the event magnets? If so, then it's not really a concern for the official release.

Yeah. Fishing equips was an event which they hopefully use sparingly during release.
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    I think the fishing exp should be nerfed, along with the gear giving magnet thing.
    Music however, is not pointless. Even if it didn't give exp (which I don't think it should), I'd still do it. Why? Because it let's people be creative.
    This same system is in another game, Mabinogi, and people use it all the time, not just for buffs but for socializing.
    People make their favorite songs and play music with others.