Ideal bonus attributes?

ZoccqZoccq
Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,100
edited 6:03AM May 14, 2018 in Heavy Gunner
I am trying to change my bonus attributes on my HG - I have 2500 GS right now (Poly in Big Leaf/NA) and I'm thinking that there are some better attributes to aim for in the beginning. At least in reference to the current level 50 cap. My opinion may change at higher level caps or the level 99 release as I assume bonus potentials just increase in magnitude with level.

I think because our damage first and foremost relies on the defense of the mobs, %piercing is one of the most important bonuses. I believe I heard there is a cap on %piercing (30% maybe?? don't quote me on this). This immediately eliminates a good chunk of boss and mob defense for higher damage at the get go. Especially so for doing maximum sustained damage with Bullet Spray. After, I think %ranged damage is the next most important for pure raw damage. Followed closely by critical rate and critical damage respectively. Critical rate is definitely highly dependent on your build. For example, if you have a very high prestige level and can manage to place points into critical rate without sacrificing DEX, then by all means increase that critical damage attributes to take advantage.

Let me know what you all think and what your preferences have been! I have what my main attributes look like right below.

Ideal bonus potentials for gunner?
1. %piercing/weapon piercing
2. %ranged damage
3. critical rate
4. critical damage

Comments

• ChillBearChillBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,390
    I've been always going for a balance between critical rate/critical damage.

But not saying that's the way to go, someone would need to crunch the numbers how much each bonus attribute helps.
  • ZoccqZoccq
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,100
    ChillBear wrote: »
    I've been always going for a balance between critical rate/critical damage.

But not saying that's the way to go, someone would need to crunch the numbers how much each bonus attribute helps.

While critical and crit damage will be important, I think the first step would be to effectively minimize monster defenses using %pierce. Otherwise, you won't feel the full effect of what those powerful crits could do.
    Plopster
  • RaznRazn
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 415
    What he said. % physical pierce or % magical pierce (depending on your class and build) should be top priority. Ever notice how you do insane damage on trash critter vs a boss? That's the boss's defense at work there. You get the most bang for your buck damage-wise with %pierce.