Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

I need to know how to fix complex gap.

iRexiRex
Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
edited 3:11AM May 12, 2018 in Music
Please tell me real quick D: I'm dying to know how.

Comments

• FaelightFaelight
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,755
    Forum Moderator
    What are you using to convert to mml?
  • iRexiRex
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
  • YasunokunYasunokun
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,240
    edited 11:31AM May 15, 2018
    The complex gap is when a tempo change is happening usually during something like a tied note. In Mabinogi MML all of your tempo's can be controlled from any track, but MS2 makes the tempo per track. Because of this you can not use the trick of changing the tempo during a note tie. Which breaks quite a lot of songs without reorganizing it...

I am sure someone more knowledgeable could provide a better answer like @ADirtyCouch or @Opalthira.
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 30,510
    Yasunokun wrote: »
    The complex gap is when a tempo change is happening usually during something like a tied note. In Mabinogi MML all of your tempo's can be controlled from any track, but MS2 makes the tempo per track. Because of this you can not use the trick of changing the tempo during a note tie. Which breaks quite a lot of songs without reorganizing it...

I am sure someone more knowledgeable could provide a better answer like @ADirtyCouch or @Opalthira.

Never heard about "complex gap" as a term (and Googling it did not provide any help either). However, I watched a video yesterday about editing tempos per track for MS2 compatibility, and as I experimented with it afterwards, it became apparent that although the process is tedious it should be possible to have tempo changes at any point of the melody as long as you make the same manual correction at every point in every track once you've confirmed that everything sounds right in 3MLE.
  • YasunokunYasunokun
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,240
    DanDK wrote: »

Never heard about "complex gap" as a term (and Googling it did not provide any help either). However, I watched a video yesterday about editing tempos per track for MS2 compatibility, and as I experimented with it afterwards, it became apparent that although the process is tedious it should be possible to have tempo changes at any point of the melody as long as you make the same manual correction at every point in every track once you've confirmed that everything sounds right in 3MLE.

Complex Gap is an error specifically to the Maple Syrup tool which he is referencing.

http://saschanaz.github.io/MapleSyrup/
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 30,510
    Complex Gap is an error specifically to the Maple Syrup tool which he is referencing.
    http://saschanaz.github.io/MapleSyrup/

I am familiar with the tool, but haven't encountered that error before. I know that it has limited ability to handle tempo changes though. So unless the error can be specified, I assume the solution will still be to convert the MML@ by hand, adding each track separately and adjusting the tempo changes manually.
  • AxisAxis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,100
    edited 2:36PM September 29, 2018
    I don't know the term "complex gap" but if you mean how to change the tempo in the middle of a note or a tie, you can place the tempo change in between the tie.

For example writing t90c2&ct120&c would produce a whole note that begins at t90 but changes to t120 at the third quarter.
    c4ec391ae2.png
  • KavajuKavaju
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 700
    edited 7:47AM October 1, 2018
    What you do it that you break off the note where the tempo change is supposed to be.
    Now this will obviously break the note so to counter that type s1 before the note, full the rest with.. rests! Type s0 where the note should have originally ended.

This will put the sound on sustain, as if you were pressing a pedal when playing the piano. The note will ring out the duration but you will be able to squeeze in that tempo change.
  • AxisAxis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,100
    Kavaju wrote: »
    What you do it that you break off the note where the tempo change is supposed to be.
    Now this will obviously break the note so to counter that type s1 before the note, full the rest with.. rests! Type s0 where the note should have originally ended.

This will put the sound on sustain, as if you were pressing a pedal when playing the piano. The note will ring out the duration but you will be able to squeeze in that tempo change.

It doesn't cause the note to break, you can just copy and paste the code to sample. I've made plenty of songs with this technique.
    Yasunokun