What happened to Haster?

DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,525
Forum Moderator
edited 12:50AM May 12, 2018 in Archer
Major storyline spoiler ahead
I'm trying to remember what happened to Haster, in the end, but I feel like we never actually found out. Did we get any closure on that story? It'd be pretty underwhelming if we didn't, especially since my Archer still hasn't gotten over his betrayal, based on the idle dialogue.
Raiju

Comments

• RaijuRaiju
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,535
    Nope, not that i can see at all after hit 50 and everything. Been a bit bothering me too. =L

Though, that made me wonder if it's only beta so they dont show the classes quest itself or?
    Am curious if classes quest is even exist in China & Korea game. Like 10 lvl, 20, 30, 40, 50 having their own quest for your class?
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,545
    edited 2:48PM May 16, 2018
    I wonder if they even bothered to close the storyline? And if they did, what'd happen to that dialogue? I have a feeling Nexon would never bother to fix such an issue... I wonder if the other classes had similar loose ends? I haven't heard of any class quests existing, so basically every class gets a lead that takes them to Lith Harbour and then they get caught up in the main story instead and never mention anything else... it's really awkward. Even when you meet your old comrades they don't show any recognition. I have a feeling any decent plot was just thrown out the window in favour of having quests for XP's sake.

Then again, I assume the main story was left open-ended enough so that the class side characters will probably make some appearance sooner or later... that is, if they remember to ever include them again. Pretty sure Haster was not mentioned ever again since the tutorial ended.
  • RangerTohkRangerTohk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 415
    Haster does in fact come back later in the storyline, or at least on KMS2 and is important for the job advancement/Lapenta Frontier quest line. I’m guessing Haster betrays you in the beginning, but he is actually a double agent, after the storyline is completed he comes back and returns to being your mentor, shortly thereafter he teaches you the first job advancement. He appears in the recent update trailer.

DrYoshiyahuDSdavidDSForumDiscussor
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,655
    Yup the story doesn’t end at 50. If we had more levels we would be sent to Karkar island next. (Also 50 is where the leveling starts to slow down)
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,545
    Yup the story doesn’t end at 50. If we had more levels we would be sent to Karkar island next. (Also 50 is where the leveling starts to slow down)

The Epic Questline or the class specific ones? Because the Epic Quest is so bad, no matter how far it is continued it's not going to have any proper inpact on the classes anyway. If you mean the class specific ones, it still makes absolutely no sense that there is no continuity until level 50 and all of a sudden the NPCs decide that they remember you again? No immersion at all.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that levelling doesn't "slow down" after 50, it's almost exactly the same until 70 where all known content ends. Sure, it might now take an extra day or two compared to the 6-12 hours to get to 50, so you could call it 'relatively' slow, but it's still an absolute joke.
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,655
    edited 6:00AM August 6, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »

The Epic Questline or the class specific ones? Because the Epic Quest is so bad, no matter how far it is continued it's not going to have any proper inpact on the classes anyway. If you mean the class specific ones, it still makes absolutely no sense that there is no continuity until level 50 and all of a sudden the NPCs decide that they remember you again? No immersion at all.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that levelling doesn't "slow down" after 50, it's almost exactly the same until 70 where all known content ends. Sure, it might now take an extra day or two compared to the 6-12 hours to get to 50, so you could call it 'relatively' slow, but it's still an absolute joke.

Well it depends what gms decides to implement when they raise the lvl50 cap. The epic questline ends when you are lvl52 or 54... i forget. Then you have to grind to 60 by other means. (In KMS2 this means doing the Lapenta questline/dailies but the exp for it is slower than the epic questline.) Also since awakening (2nd job) came out, there is a lvl60 questline that gets you to nearly 65. Then you grind to 70 again doing dailies/minigames/hard adventure dungeons.

Its important to note that kms2 gives a lot of handouts that streamlines the leveling process to 70 (you even get a full set of +10 epic equipment just for reaching lvl60) which gms2 definitely wont be giving out.