Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Feedback on the CBT stream for keys.

RisuneRisune
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
edited 1:42PM May 8, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
It will take me quite awhile to express everything wrong with this stream, First off they didn't even do a mic test! as a massive company you would expect Nexon to at least know how to work a microphone, it's very simple.

Secondly whats the point of showing hacked gameplay where you can't take damage? yes we get to see you do a dungeon and see the phases but we don't know how much damage the bosses do and they don't show how to dodge the damage because they just sit in it with no consequences.

All my respect to Cuddles, she's a very active manager for the community but from my first impressions I assumed this was her first ever game. They showed nothing yet about any classes just did a brief overview mid raid, where they could've simply opened character select showed the classes gave a run down on their skills and showed customisation.

Although I'm not sure if they did give us that information since they were muted for the first 5 minutes. If I was a new player who did no research what so ever about this game and this was my first impression I would've looked at other mmos honestly.

They showed the controller controls but never explained how you switch between the left key binds for the controller and the right. This was honestly disappointing so far and I'm only staying for the codes.

Edit1: props to them for at least showing the dungeon list looks good.

Edit2: only two genders? fired! Showing mini games so that's cool finally looking like a planned stream.

Edit3: finally showed enhancement after an hour, learned it enhances up to +9.

Edit4: Looking at classes now.

Edit5: They ended up showing character creation and all the customisation. Would've suggest doing this at the start.

Edit6: They showed custom equips and how to do them a T-shirt and Short template is for mesos the rest is blue merits (NX). Love the simplicity. Also shown House customisation and I underestimated the level of design you can put into your house.

Edit7: contests coming up for Red Merit rewards you can use during the beta and some where you can use on release.
GandalfTheWeezardArurauneMad_Titan_RoseJiexiGomiSeiko

Comments

• Mad_Titan_RoseMad_Titan_Rose
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    Exactly, on top of this they did not showcase at all how each of the different classes interact and synergies with each other or any of the other gaming mechanics during the raid. Showing hacked gameplay really takes away from the suspense.
    JiexiGandalfTheWeezard
  • GandalfTheWeezardGandalfTheWeezard
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 875
    I identify as an apache helicopter - I don't like how they under represented me in the stream today by telling me that there is only 2 genders.
  • YorvaltYorvalt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,840
    edited 1:07PM May 8, 2018
    I hope we all know what the job description of both jobs are. Community Manager is not the same as a Game Master.
    I find it refreshing, the new player perspective. Don't forget there is also a knowledgeable player who helps her out. As for character customization and classes. I found all I wanted to know about the classes on the forums. Let streamers show off customization tomorrow.

I find it more important they are actually having fun playing the game. It's a good stream in my book.

edit: info is being shared after the Crazy Runner showcase.
  • nebayotnebayot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,065
    10 keys for 4000 people OMEGALUL
  • GCoreGCore
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 840
    edited 2:21PM May 8, 2018
    Ah, it has been a while since I've seen Cuddles + Arwoo's face back in the ole Els days. They've always had the funny contagious, friendly banter around them. And Spider Box's geeky yet on-track demeanor compliments the duo.

There are a few things that bother me in regards to the stream. I sorta think twitch giveaways are primitive. Entry is void after 5 minutes. Perhaps discord - react-to-enter could be a more intuitive way to giveaway but of course, it does rely on the viewer base to be on the discord server. The next thing is the relevancy of communityms2. It's a really fun perspective but the channel is overshadowed by playmaple2. Just a personal gripe but other than that, it has been an incredibly fun stream.

Wow. Can't believe Arwoo is still the diva. Next thing, you know, stream will be asking Cuddles to sing the Pokémon theme and do the thriller dance. Good job, spiderbox, for dealing with these 2 xD

Edit: Finished watching the stream. Is it Aru or Arwoo? I just used to call him Air. Dang. I might also have a change of heart about twitch giveaways. I didn't expect the large volume of viewers and potentially butchering twitch names would be interactive. I still believe twitch giveaway might be messy though, because there could be a hassle of contacting a winner or the winner changing their twitch names last second.
    Risune
  • widefacewideface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,830
    nothing about servers yet?
  • RisuneRisune
    wideface wrote: »

nope sadly, I'll do edits for anything they show. and link the youtube upload when its up
  • YorvaltYorvalt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,840
    edited 1:38PM May 8, 2018
    Risune wrote: »

nope sadly, I'll do edits for anything they show. and link the youtube upload when its up

didn't they mention 3 servers right at the start of the stream? One for North America, South America, and Europe?
    TheChaosLegend
  • widefacewideface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,830
    perhaps they did, i didn't catch the beginning! good to know!
  • RisuneRisune
    Yorvalt wrote: »

didn't they mention 3 servers right at the start of the stream? One for North America, South America, and Europe?

I must have missed this I'll check the youtube video before I update the thread.
  • GomiSeikoGomiSeiko
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,100
    Please lower the sound for the quack notification.
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030
    Yorvalt wrote: »

Yeah you're completely correct. they said it at the beginning of the stream.