Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20
Closed

"Why can't I download the beta yet?" - READ HERE

SikkatySikkaty
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
in General Chat
If you're asking this question (or about to submit another thread about it), don't worry! Nothing's wrong, you're still in the beta. The reason why you can't download it is because they're going to email you a key once all of the beta people have been accepted.

A lot of threads about this have been popping up, so hopefully this'll at least slow them down.

BTW, sorry for the weirdly worded title, I'm doing my best with the character limit lol
CheerfulDesert

Comments

• SpookySenkiSpookySenki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    Now that we are on the topic of downloading the game. I just hope that I do not see the download servers die on us,

I hope that the staff maintaining the machine like jet engines.
  • SikkatySikkaty
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    Now that we are on the topic of downloading the game. I just hope that I do not see the download servers die on us,

I hope so too, but I'm trying not to get too optimistic. I've never been in an MMO launch that didn't have server issues lol
  • CzareCzare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,700
    edited 1:55PM May 7, 2018
    I just hope that I do not see the download servers die on us,

Sikkaty wrote: »
    I hope so too, but I'm trying not to get too optimistic. I've never been in an MMO launch that didn't have server issues lol

uhh, its not a launch, its a closed beta, they know how much people are going in, so they will match server capacity accordingly, unless incompetence gets in the way... but is unlikely for a company as big as nexon.
  • NorthboundNorthbound
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,145
    Czare wrote: »
    unless incompetence gets in the way... but is unlikely for a company as big as nexon.
    L O L
    O
    L
    Luxeraph
  • DubuDubu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    there is no key, predownload is already up, you need to log out and relog back into the launcher
    ThrowThatTea
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535

There's a reason it's a predownload. There'll probably be extra pressure early on but nobody will be in a rush because there are 48 hours until game release. So everyone can calm down, even if the servers do die they'll have plenty of time to naturally recover and have everyone get through.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Aand the download is up now.
This discussion has been closed.