Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Anyone still wanna play thief despite high ping?

normysnormys
Maplestory 2 Rep: 550
in Thief
From what i heard so far, there are a few classes that are ping dependent i.e. thief and striker mainly. My ping has always been very high, since i'm from Australia but this class looks too dope to not play. Is there a way to reduce ping or do thief's still shine regardless?

Comments

• NyuraNyura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,580
    From what I read and hear, Thief really is very timing and ping-based if you want to shine and actually achieve the damage potential of the class. Given that, I think having high ping might be a problem and I'm not sure there is a way to reduce that significantly enough to make a big difference.

Honestly, I'm currently undecided on whether I want to roll with a Thief because I also have a bunch of concerns, but if I were you, I'd use the CBT to test playing a Thief and see how well that goes (that is if you managed to get in the CBT)
  • DarkalDarkal
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 710
    Same problem for me here too. I really want to make thief my main class, but I am worried that my ping might be too high. I'm from Europe and I am afraid that the server might only be located in NA. Though, there is a chance that this may change when the game has fully launched. CBT is NA server only, so please wait until launch to decide if you're going to play thief or not.
  • NyuraNyura
    Darkal wrote: »
    Same problem for me here too. I really want to make thief my main class, but I am worried that my ping might be too high. I'm from Europe and I am afraid that the server might only be located in NA. Though, there is a chance that this may change when the game has fully launched. CBT is NA server only, so please wait until launch to decide if you're going to play thief or not.

Europe here as well. I mean, technically, MapleStory has never been known to have horrendous ping issues even when it's EU folks playing on GMS, but you never know. For CBT. I will likely aim to see what the Thief playstyle is like as I have absolutely no prior knowledge of that apart rumors and 1-2 vids (I never played bandits in GMS so no real idea of their specifics either , just overall gist)
  • SugarspoonSugarspoon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 805
    Where will the europe servers be hosted?
  • NyuraNyura
    Sugarspoon wrote: »
    Where will the europe servers be hosted?

In all honesty, I have no idea whatsoever about how they're going to handle regional difference in servers. Will they be separate and release simultaneously? If so, then I presume the Europe servers will be hosted in Germany (that's usually the case for most MMOs). Obviously I don't know that for certain but it's mostly the case, I could be wrong though
  • ParasomniaParasomnia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,225
    I tried it and it's not playable for me, the delay ruins it.
    So I wonder what other class would be a good alternative.
  • DrandelDrandel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,110
    Does anyone know what the ping will be for SEA players? <200ms? (let's assume we're playing in S. America or the server that's closest)