Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

[WINNERS] House Builders Contest

Comments

• ChizubagaChizubaga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 735
    IGN: Chizubaga
    Server: BigLeaf
    Cherry Blossom Tree Home
    Living in a cherry tree has it's benefits.
    20180513_211423_13_by_hachitrain-dcbqa0s.jpg
    Simple in use, elaborate in design, it's a nice home for guests and friends to come by and relax.
    20180513_205445_04_by_hachitrain-dcbqa1v.jpg
    20180513_210755_10_by_hachitrain-dcbqbl4.jpg
    2_by_hachitrain-dcbqai5.png
    Even includes home security from ghosts under the tree.
    20180513_210711_09_by_hachitrain-dcbqa1g.jpg
    Ryia_Archer
  • ZoroMomochiZoroMomochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    IGN: Xemnas
    Server: BigLeaf ( NA REGION)

Modern Dream House,

Open concept design , inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water.

unknown.png[img][/img]MSCRIB_3.png
    MSCRIB_2.png
  • BakeryBakery
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,680
    IGN: Bakery
    SERVER: Bigleaf

"Welcome to our sheep café! We serve freshly baked bread with the finest coffee & teas; with a little touch of magic."

8Q3wamg.jpg
    21BMyRx.jpg
    RM4qQLC.jpg

"Thank you for you precious time, I'll see you again someday!"
    sehjunMarkM
  • AxisAxis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,215
    IGN: Axis
    Server: Bigleaf

tumblr_p8uiwyijAT1r73n19o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p8uiwyijAT1r73n19o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p8uiwyijAT1r73n19o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p8uiwyijAT1r73n19o3_1280.jpg
    sehjunTseneMarkMTodasLouvainsmileycatAirysNaivelyWrittenhalbirdiestusaderand 5 others.
  • ReiizmReiizm
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,255
    IGN: Reiizm
    Server: Big Leaf

yznjUM4.png
    Welcome to the Eldritch Estate, a mansion buried in a secluded forest. My home for the time being. I found it abandoned some time ago. According to documents inside, it belonged to an aristocratic family that met with ruin centuries ago. I suppose you want a tour? Let's not dawdle- daylight's burning.

1X0n2Ng.png
    This is the foyer. Watch your step- It's dark even during the daytime. I only have time to show you the main floor today. The doors on the right lead to the library. First to the left is the study and second is my bed chamber. What's that? Footsteps? It's only the wind- poor ventilation. The manor is old, you see. I'll show you the library first.

6tuPqVD.png
    Impressive, isn't it? The family amassed quite a collection. I'm not even half-way done reading them all. You found a book on necromancy? Well they were interested in a variety of subjects. Let's put that back. Time to move on to the study.

wTTif6Z.png
    If alchemy and magical curios pique your interest, you've come to the right place. None of these belong to the estate, I brought them over when I moved in. You see someone outside? Hm, I don't see anyone. Probably just a traveler come to gawk at the manor. Let's move on to my bed chamber.

XNmHhkc.png
    Cozy, right? It didn't feel right to sleep in the master bedroom- besides, it's closer to the study. Anyway, it's getting late, you should get going before the sun sets. Remember to stay on the beaten path as you leave the forest.
    TseneZerolio
  • MysticMystic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 9:15AM May 17, 2018
    IGN: HellGirl
    Server Name: Bigleaf
    Concept: Decided to try and make maplestory 2 within maplestory 2, so umm mapleception?

20180516_175542_06.jpg
  • SeulbiSeulbi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 10,820
    IGN: Seulbi
    Theme: Sky Castle

Description
    my own personal floating island inspired by the anime 'Laputa'. I tried to keep the surface clean since it's suppose to a nature island. The blue thingy is the sky is actually clouds. I tried to create one via UGC but failed badly so this is the closest substitute I can get for now.

View from top angle
    20180515_231641_04.jpg

View from low angle
    20180515_231238_03.jpg

My personal room in basement where I can sit down and relax observe the beautiful nice scenery of the ocean.
    20180515_231210_02.jpg

Observatory deck to enjoy the moon when the sky is clear.
    20180515_230730_01.jpg

Chilling area
    20180515_232149_10.jpg

• LyraLyra
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,620
    edited 11:09AM May 17, 2018
    IGN: Pearl
    Server: Hornbeam (EU)

~ Welcome to Galaxy Falls ~
    A small, hidden corner on the edge of the known universe. The outer layer of the planet is a pink paradise, where beautiful pink trees and flowers bloom. Floating islands create waterfalls on the surface, which again continue to the deeper layers of the planet as well. Beneath the surface, in the depths of caves made out of starry galactic rock, the water pools in underground lakes. Crystals decorate the caves, creating a magical atmosphere and a sanctuary for whoever may seek it.

rUDl2Nz.jpg
    RB3K3ip.jpg
    yat1T3F.jpg
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,475
    IGN: VanillaLatte
    Server Name: Bigleaf

My original idea was to use cubes with 3 sides to form little dioramas, so that I could explore as many styles/themes as possible all on the same map, positioned in a pyramid so that each one had the same visibility. But because I began building on the last night of beta, I quickly ran out of time trying to figure out how to make that work, so I shifted directions and chose to connect the cubes to from a modern home.

I'm really happy with the final result, but to make it perfect, I wish I could've added a bathroom and basement/garage in the empty space beneath the bedroom. We really need camera rotation to make that kind of space usable, along with making editing much easier.

Quick Tip - Use glass cubes beneath water to get that clear look on the floor, as they are invisible through the water effects!

D2zqODY.jpg
    BYxGhuU.jpg
    iG0AzE2.jpg
    WFXcjBD.jpg
    stusaderAmaranthinesmileycatTassyKristii
  • BunniiBunnii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    IGN: CarpeDiem
    Server Name: BigLeaf

Icey Glass Fantasy

An open concept home with glass flooring. An ice-mimic foundation with the sky overlooking the pool.

1_zpsljfkcj1f.jpg

2_zpshvuij0jh.jpg

3_zpsjxvgai1i.jpg

4_zpsizro54az.jpg

5_zpskpu34rkz.jpg
    CubeNoob
  • AznFamLiAznFamLi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 720
    IGN:AZN
    Server:Bigleaf (NA)

For my houses I made them into mini mazes and quizes for people to enjoy:

This was one of the mazes i made simple jump quest on the right and a couple of question on the left
    AzJZrCn

The second one i made was alot bigger mainly jumping and hidden portals with a remake of ludi pq code part at the back
    0M2BVOC

The last one was had a tele maze, 2d jump quest with trick portals, fake block bridge, and hidden switches
    gXXgsTX
    VcajAHn
  • AlzackAlzack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,745
    Whoa, I'm speechless while looking at all interior designs, every single one feels creative and unique. I'm starting to regret that I tested this feature for the first time on the last day of CBT.
    Good luck, everyone!

IGN: Alzack
    Server: (EU) Hornbeam

Underground waters of Resortville mark their own course and it was just a matter of time to build a public swimming pool in the neighbourhood. Visit Alzack at his place, get wet and come back anytime.
    If you get bored with the flow, relax outside and make well dweller happy.

i8VHCSp.jpg

vKiqRo0.jpg
  • InahozInahoz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 660
    IGN: Inaho
    Server Name: Hornbeam

This is Okagi, a Japanese style house.

1526732578-screenshot-11.png

The building, made of Japanese wood and paper called "washi", will delight more than one. Indeed, the paper allows the soft outside light to pass through and the sun rays can pass just under the roof thanks to small holes.

1526733144-screenshot-12.png

The garden filled with greenery gives a calm and soothing side, the sakuras and their flowers give a coloured side. Nothing like being in a garden like this.

1526733145-screenshot-19.png

At the entrance of his garden, a gate named Torii is implanted there. Its function is to symbolically separate the physical world, from the spiritual world, each torii crossed when accessing a sanctuary must be crossed in the other direction in order to return to the material world.

1526733679-screenshot-20.png
    SayonoroMuchisaKiritoSWXLouvainsmileycat
  • MelkitMelkit
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    IGN: Caramel
    Server: Bigleaf (NA)

Pizzaboys™ is your friendly neighborhood pizzeria and we're hiring! Created using a combination of UGC and in-game options, Pizzaboys™ boasts indoor and outdoor eating options as well as a rooftop setting used for the Pizzaboys™ official band concerts! Come enjoy half-price Tuesdays where you can get any large pizza for half off! Valid at any participating Pizzaboys™

Ex2t2Me.jpg

4VdS6SX.jpg

yzu6FLN.jpg

amMF8Xp.jpg

uMBxZNc.jpg
    LouvainMarkMTassy
  • MeowstressMeowstress
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    IGN: Bandage
    * My alt PyuPyu and PastaKnight were wonderful models for my photo shoot.

So, there's a little bed and breakfast outside of Perion.

rmbNl9b.jpg
    The problem is, the service sucks. You make your own food, do your own dishes, make your own bed... yeah. Needless to say, I didn't tip.

tAAy4Ry.jpg
    Another person was visiting too, so we worked together on dinner. I thought he was lazy at first, but I mean, I'd be drooling over fresh bread too.

avBQdU7.jpg
    Dinner turned out great. My companion tonight is quirky... but the pancakes we made were fantastic.

WYxs8IH.jpg
    All in all, it turned out to be a great night. We finished up with a hot cup of tea and talked about our dungeon travels. All this, in a cute little bed and breakfast... somewhere outside of Perion.

YoVfJk6.jpg
    It really was a BED and breakfast though. There's only one bed and things might have gotten awkward... #yolo
    MarkMduckinatreeTassy
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,405
    Administrator
    edited 11:05AM May 21, 2018
    Winners of the contest will be announced early next week (after Memorial Day).
    Thanks for your patience. :-)
    TomitaDaoboBunniiMikehPoseMinniMerenKiwiHype
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,405
    Administrator
    edited 1:22PM May 31, 2018
    First of all... just wow...!! <3 We are amazed at how crazy these entries are for the "House Builders" contest! You all have really pushed the limits of what you can do with the housing system!!

Q.Q So difficult to judge (and so hard to only pick up to 15 winners)...

The following Maplers are the winners of 2,000 Red Merets to be awarded to their accounts during Official Launch:

Saintone - Bigleaf
    Blizzywiz - Bigleaf
    Louvain - Bigleaf
    Axis - Bigleaf
    Lin - Bigleaf
    Cheers - Bigleaf
    Narmaya - Hornbeam
    Flearas - Bigleaf
    Sentinel - Bigleaf
    Pose - Bigleaf
    Palm - Bigleaf
    Blacque - Bigleaf
    ExCharny - Hornbeam
    VanillaLatte - Bigleaf
    ViVi - Bigleaf

Thank you everyone for participating! <3
    DanDKAlzackVixieSeulbiMarkMNilremTassyRyia_ArcherPetalmagicZerolioand 12 others.
This discussion has been closed.