Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Life Skills

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 58,105
Administrator
edited 9:00AM May 9, 2018 in Closed Beta Feedback
Please leave your feedback regarding "Life Skills" for the Closed Beta. This includes gathering, crafting, fishing.

Comments

• NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 58,105
    Administrator
  • ArgyraspidesArgyraspides
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 585
    Gathering for materials feels quite restricted with the limited gathering per day
    BagoBueberrySpecksReeceEarthquakesehjunDaggervkHimurahassanKSibaith8riosand 5 others.
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,050
    I don't have in-depth experience with this system but I kind of feel like life skills should be a crafting element to the game that fuels the economy. For example, raw materials are processed into intermediate materials, these materials are then further refined, used in manufacturing or for enchanting. The point would be for players to master life skills interesting to them and be able to trade their crafts on the black market. It'd allow players a passive income and engage in a player-fuelled economy.
    HisculesBagoAgent_DragonfuryPixelleXIVsehjunVerloAkumakushuLucemHimurahassanmaushunter1and 4 others.
  • LumiereXCIILumiereXCII
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,140
    edited 4:50PM May 9, 2018
    Farming and ranching feels strange to say the least. I think in order to improve on the farming and ranching you can implement methods that are already proven to work in other games. For example: You put a field down in your house, you can plant seeds, then after a specific duration you can then harvest it.

Whereas with ranching you could just make it so "harvesting" the animal goes on cooldown, for example; You harvest feathers from chickens, then have to wait 30 minutes to harvest the chickens again.

Also the crafting needs balancing in terms of required amount of materials. For example, it takes 10 rice flour to make rice cracker. I had to harvest rice paddy field until i couldn't harvest them anymore for the day, to make 1 rice cracker. Meaning I'd have to place an extreme amount of rice paddies in my house to make a decent profit off selling rice crackers. How would I have space for other fields then? Which is why the above method of farming seems far more reasonable in my oppinion, provided some material balancing are also put into place.

*edit*
    Scratch part of what I said above, I noticed it doesn't matter how many extra rice paddy fields you place, you can't harvest anymore if you passed the daily limit on that particular material, which is also a problem in itself because of the profit thing i mentioned above. A lot of the crafting is just not going to be worth doing because of this.
    Agent_DragonfurySpecksTheGamerChickDammm_Charlotte_Verlomaushunter1CheeseKlown
  • HotafoxHotafox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,695
    Gathering for materials feels quite restricted with the limited gathering per day

I was about to ask if it was a bug or what, now I know that there is a limited gathering per day for each resource.
  • MarisaKirisameMarisaKirisame
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 820
    even though I hate Energy Systems I think it would be better to have a system like that in this game then have what it currently has
    the energy system from MapleStory one isn't bad you farm for a little while go hunting then go back farming again for a little bit
    as long as your energy is able to be recovered every 24 hours regardless how often you use it to full
    I do love how you get experience for crafting and Gathering resources I would like that to stay
    Hiscules_Charlotte_Verlo
  • VokadosVokados
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 750
    edited 5:44AM May 10, 2018
    I gathered everything that was possible to gather until the limit. Not a bad experience, but I don't see the point of it.

EDIT:
    Fishing seems fun, specially since you can supposedly find pets. The only problem i have is with the fish I caught. They don't actually give me anything, they are just recorded in a book with the amount of same fishes I caught.
    I think it would be great if we are able to make use of whatever we caught.
    WaterFilterAulynHimurahassanPegasnowmaushunter1MomoUiseSterling_Aislingpaipanlover
  • BagoBago
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 805
    edited 4:33PM May 10, 2018
    I didn't like that you must have a house to be able to do farming and ranching. I'm still homeless so I can't try it out yet.

Looking in the list of craftable items too many are bind on loot meaning you can't give or sell them, this is especially bad with the low limit on the amount of resources that can be gathered per day. If you could sell them, people most likely would buy them to up their daily limit.

Edit: Ok so you do have a house as stated by LumiereXCII. I was under the impression that I needed to buy a house plot or rent out a flat. I guess I didn't read the house tutorial bit enough.

Wishing fishing was an actual life skill that put fish caught into your inventory to either sell or use in crafting like cooking.
    Verlo
  • LumiereXCIILumiereXCII
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,140
    Bago wrote: »
    I didn't like that you must have a house to be able to do farming and ranching. I'm still homeless so I can't try it out yet.

Looking in the list of craftable items too many are bind on loot meaning you can't give or sell them, this is especially bad with the low limit on the amount of resources that can be gathered per day. If you could sell them, people most likely would buy them to up their daily limit.

Everyone gets a house for free.
    BagoReeceWaterFilter_Charlotte_VerloKSib
  • SoaringFishSoaringFish
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    Gathering- It feels really awkward when you don't have any more gathering success rate. I understand not allowing one person to level to max gathering in a day, but it might feel better to slowly "regenerate" your success rate over time with a full regen at server reset (like currently).

Fishing- Fishing is fun at start but gets more frustrating when catching lower level/quality fish doesn't give you any fishing mastery (aka fishing exp). Example: At Beginner IV fishing I get 0 mastery from catching a Mackerel which requires fishing Beginner IV level to fish.
    PixelleXIVmaushunter1
  • AequariusAequarius
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Gathering - I'm okay with this system, I wish you're not stuck there gathering the same ressources over and over and fail just because you have a low success rate on it.

Music - Godbless, I love it, needs more instrument choices.

Fishing - Needs more maps for Advanced and Expert Fishing, I'm having a hard time finding maps... even tho I can stay at one map but I'd rather explore and get new fishes.
    Agent_DragonfurySterling_Aisling
  • SooColdSooCold
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,445
    For my experience i had to say this

Gathering - Limit daily gathering kinda dumb how are you suppose to grind up matts and hoard and eventually just on the market place. If it doesn't change it seems to become a "daily task" you would do so you could later do it in mass and be done.

Music - I love it can't complain really but just limited to what we can use, would be cool to add a feature like mabinogi where they had a drop box for gold when you played in a area (which was optional) so people could drop mesos.

Fishing - I don't really like actively fishing hope the "premium" feature don't be such a thing but since never played an actual fishing focus game be better if an auto timer after it hooked something. And change premium be insta cast and skip the wait time.

also find it awkward how you can't keep getting exp point for life skills only on certain things that it recommends than it being all around from beginner plant or ore to a professional ore /plant.
  • RegolantRegolant
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 960
    An in-depth tutorial for it would be cool.. I don't even know how to do life skills...
  • HardKoarHardKoar
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 595
    edited 11:09AM May 10, 2018
    It feels like we are playing a f2p model with huge daily limitations on life skills and dungeons as well, if that is the case I suggest you up the limitation by 3x atleast or you will lose grand part of the potential f2p player base.
  • PyrogaIIolPyrogaIIol
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 475
    The life skills, in its current state, is extremely limiting. In its current state, I personally won't even bother with the life skills other than fishing. Since one can gain exp from just doing virtually anything, it is understandable to put a restrictive element in place. Specifically for harvesting.

For Harvesting (animals, plants, veins, etc...)
    --- There should be no limit as to how much you can harvest. You can curb this with a wait time, or a cool down time via real world timer, or in game timer. For example, the chicken. You can harvest X amount of its material every 15 real world minutes, or it's in game equivalent. For ore nodes and plant materials, you can harvest "X" amount from each node, but it takes "X" amount of time for it to replenish itself. Understandably, people would attempt to place multiple farm locations in their homes. I would suggest having a limit to how many total farm and total plant plots you can have in your home, and making the harvest-able materials more accessible in the outside world and in generated in different locations per channel to encourage exploration and socializing.

I have not had the opportunity to toy with other life skill elements yet.

• SejiSeji
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 790
    Green is Beginner's Shiny Golden Lure.
    Red is Intermediate's Shiny Golden Lure.
    Blue is Advanced's Shiny Golden Lure.
    Yellow is Master's Shiny Golden Lure.
    tSGoeah.png
    All of these even if the mastery tier is higher than the previous sell from left to right for 1K | 10K | 100K.
    Now I want to know if this is the definite pricing or not, because to me it doesnt make any sense, getting a Normal rarity, the lowest, 1K fish, is already pretty rare on its own, plus that you can fail to reel these in, and fail chance goes higher the better the rarity. So why are Master level fish still 1K | 10K | 100K AKA, as much as Beginner level fish?
    Did you guys not alter pricing yet on these?
  • NutroxNutrox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 485
    Dont know if this was intented by the developers but you can use magnetic lures (reward item for a quest or something like that) to get really good gear. It is day 3 and my gearscore is 2603. Even people with raid gear should not come close to this i think. I dont know If I can get more magnetic lures somehow but it would be way to easy to get really good (beta) endgame gear. The lures lasted for 9 minutes and I got 25 epics.
  • iMakeActioniMakeAction
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,530
    Regolant wrote: »
    An in-depth tutorial for it would be cool.. I don't even know how to do life skills...

Felt the same way. We have a guide for every kind of life skill, but these only show you how to harvest something and then the guide is done. It doesn't show you what you can do with the harvested materials.
    IFlyBees
  • SejiSeji
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 790
    Nutrox wrote: »
    Dont know if this was intented by the developers but you can use magnetic lures (reward item for a quest or something like that) to get really good gear. It is day 3 and my gearscore is 2603. Even people with raid gear should not come close to this i think. I dont know If I can get more magnetic lures somehow but it would be way to easy to get really good (beta) endgame gear. The lures lasted for 9 minutes and I got 25 epics.

I don't really have an interest in gear. I want to fish and get rewarded with decent priced fish. I auto-fished overnight, a total of 7 hours, and made 500K not with fish, with RNG rewards from treasure chests you catch. I barely made 150K from that money with actual fish I caught. It just feels that for someone like me who loves fishing in games, and absolutely throw my all at it that I do not get rewarded. Unless everyone in dungeons is getting this low rate of money I'm okay with it, but I doubt people would make 500K in 7 hours by doing dungeons/raids.
  • AdiamorphicAdiamorphic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    Ranching/farming: Forcing you to allocate space in your house for a mechanic is quite strange. The experience of gathering is also quite non-interactive.

Mining/gathering: Much like the above, but just with more running around.

Crafting: Heavily gated by your materials gathered before rates turn to 0%. Promotes running alts and boarding the market. Seems like a mechanic that'll have some traction early on, and will be completely neglected eventually.

Fishing: Something to spend a week focusing on and then never touching again. Catches feels unrewarding, and unsatisfying. Would be nice to see more of a progress gain towards each mastery rank, rather than sporatic and seemingly random gains of 1s and 0s.
    AlylioTarabaeScooby6363
This discussion has been closed.