Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Side Activities

Comments

• smileycatsmileycat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,110
    edited 8:57AM May 11, 2018
    For the instruments sound, I hope you can change the sound packs of the instruments. They don't sound good, they're like the cheap instruments or toy instruments' sound pack. I think a digital piano's sound library (eg. yamaha) would at least have better sound quality than the ones in the game right now. I'd be appreciate if you could implement this change, it shouldn't be hard, just change the templates. Thanks.
  • iMakeActioniMakeAction
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,540
    I really love the minigames! A nice refreshing break from the leveling.

Only one suggestion I have is that if I am in a party I would like to join the same minigame instance with that party.

I have been playing from lvl 1-30 as a party and everytime a minigame pops up we ofcourse want to play it, but even when we press the button in the same second, we end up in different instances of that minigame most of the time. It would be even more fun if we would join the same minigame all together when in a party.
    PazyPascalLouvainFangirlFridayshappyx2055Prycerious
  • LumiereXCIILumiereXCII
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,140
    The jumping is delayed in ludibrium escape, making it extremely difficult.
  • HunterZPHunterZP
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 415
    Whenever i play my instrument, i don't hear anything, just dead silence but my play instrument volume is all the way up.
  • kiddecepticonkiddecepticon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,830
    I find the mini-game activites extremely refreshing. It interrupts the grind to provide a completely different experience to keep the game enjoyable. As of right now, I've noticed a few potential bugs in the Dance Dance Stop and OX Quiz activities. I will follow up these bugs with a few suggestions I have.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BUGS

Dance Dance Stop
    1. Bug: Upon completing the game, the camera zooms in on a player. Zooming on an individuals character would make more sense unless there is a point system and this player accumulated the most points. If there is a point system, it should be more clearly described, because the only time points are even mentioned are on rounds where the game says that squares with a number greater than 5 are worth more. To replicate this bug, simply play a game of Dance Dance Stop and complete all of the rounds.
    2. Bug: While randomly in the lobby for Dance Dance Stop, characters' faces disappear. The physical character model is still present, as is the armor, jewelry, details such as scars, etc. However, the actual face disappears leaving a literally blank expression. Like the previous bug, this can be replicated by playing a game of Dance Dance Stop.

OX Quiz
    1. Bug: While listening to MC Kay's introduction of the game, I noticed a typo. At one point, he mentions "Maple Word", which I had assumed was supposed to be "Maple World". It is a small detail, but replication simply requires playing the OX Quiz.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SUGGESTIONS/FEEDBACK

Crazy Runner: Introduce different courses or create a system that allows players to create maps. Player-created maps could be used for guild mini games, or if it is popular among the community, Nexon could work player designs into the rotation to add some variety to the race. While the timing of the race varies (such as which platforms are raised/lowered or moving), but the race itself is remains relatively the same. Once you are able to beat it once, it is easy to beat again.

Dance Dance Stop: This game is relatively easy to beat regardless of the others in the lobby. Currently, I've survived every round of each match I've played, because players speaking in chat make it extremely easy if you are ever without a platform to find a safe place to stand. Disabling local chat would definitely make the game more challenging. I'd also suggest removing the ability to disable defenses on a platform at capacity. I've had to fight other players to keep defenses up. Taking them down only introduces the risk of other players without a platform attempting to troll or ruin the game for others. While it is an interesting mechanic, it seems unnecessary. If a plate is secured, there's no reason for a player to leave. My final suggestion for this game would be to add some dancing nodes outside of the play area. Even if they don't grant experience, it allows players to enjoy the remainder of the game after being eliminated and watch the outcome. Currently, if eliminated, players just leave, but this would keep them involved.

OX Quiz: This game is extremely challenging if fairly played. If you have quick typing skills and fast enough internet, a player can easily find the answers online. Without the assistance of the internet, the questions seem so random, and like another person has mentioned in this thread, they seem directed to very specific demographics. A way to make the game more enjoyable would be to add a category and voting system. For example, at the start of the game, offer players a predetermined list of categories for questions that will be asked. Then, using a voting system, find a majority for the category choice. Once chosen, the questions could be pulled from a list within that category.

As of right now, these are the only bugs and suggestions I can discuss. I plan to participate in the other events and will add more feedback when possible.
    LouvainHellFox
  • LouvainLouvain
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,660
    edited 10:21AM May 11, 2018
    OX Quiz Feedback: This is a fun concept, but as mentioned before in this thread i feel that way too many of the questions are random and completely out of context. Granted, if you play enough times you'll start to see the questions repeat but i think it would be better if all the questions were instead related to maplestory 2 trivia (ie like the questions about which class does what, who can be found where ingame, etc). Also found types with the question about potatoes, as well as "The Little Mermaid" being mistranslated to "The Littler Merassistant" (that one threw me for a loop.)

Ludibrum escape is very laggy and frustrating.

As far as spring trap and trap master goes, i enjoy these games as well but with so many people they blot out the safe spaces and patterns making the first round or two more luck than anything else.

Crazy runners and dance master are good fun, and I also second the idea for having a variant map for crazy runners.
    Bago
  • AokiraiseuAokiraiseu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 750
    Friends List
    I feel as though your friends should be saved throughout all your differen't characters, kinda sucks that I have to re-add friends and that when I start a new character my friends list is empty, I feel as though it would be more beneficial to have the friends list account-bound rather than character-bound
    Agent_DragonfuryBago
  • NyuraNyura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,590
    The mini games are awesome. I haven't tried them all yet as I haven't gotten them as options, but I really enjoy the dance and spring games. The quiz is fun but as other people already said, it needs a fact check on some questions, as well as a revision of the translations. Again as already mentioned, sometimes even if you give the correct answer, the game drops you as it doesn't properly register the answer

It's also a fact that the questions range from very easy to very hard in that they aren't condensed to a single topic or even to being in-universe related. That kind of makes the quiz sometimes become nothing but a guessing game
    Bago
  • NawafNawaf
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    i played several of the side activities such as OX, dance challenge, runner and survive so you should add more activities instead of entertaining make it combat like "we all fight for one big boss"
  • HellFoxHellFox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,575
    What id personally like to see is the race and platform courses see more variation. Like @kiddecepticon mentioned above , the ability for user created maps sounds really interesting although those would have to be approved somehow before going live. If that's too much of a big project , any developer-made race course would be welcome too.
    Bago
  • AlvaroGHCAlvaroGHC
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Sometimes in Dance dance stop i get kicked from the stage and i get no exp :( It's the only minigame i've encountered that issue
  • BakanaBakana
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    edited 12:02PM May 11, 2018
    Composing music is by far the most fun I've had in the game. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that some instruments don't particularly sound correct. I would like to see some improvements on their templates and more types of instruments in the future.
  • ZeroTwoIsBestZeroTwoIsBest
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    Add tutorials/better explanation to mini games since a lot of people are confused what to do ( esp. Dance Dance Stop)
    For map exploration please remove objectives forcing to "find golden chests"
    Bago
  • DaoboDaobo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,850
    The minigames and the side activities make the game really fun and impossible to get bored.
  • NotabadgerNotabadger
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 980
    I'd like to see more map variation for crazy runners since it is very easy to win once you've done the course once.
    For trap master please get rid of the pattern where only the 4 horizontal blocks in the corner don't drop, no one ever survives this one because it starts dropping from the safe blocks.
    Ludibrium escape is extraordinarily difficult to win because of sometimes phasing through blocks (particularly the tiny red ones) not sure if this is a latency issue or an issue with the blocks.
    O/X questions need to be re-checked because a round i was in saw the same question about government cabinet creation twice in a row but one was marked true and the other marked as false.
    Bago
  • IFlyBeesIFlyBees
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    I love love love the minigames! I always click on them whenever they pop up, even if i'm getting ready for a dungeon run ^^;
    I'd love to see a little popup of what the unfamiliar ones look like though, maybe like a little animated preview like what the interactive furniture does for the housing feature. And after you play them, you can disable/the feature won't appear. Cause i'm always intimidated of the PvP option below the two normal ones- I don't wanna sacrifice 15 mins of waiting time for something i might not enjoy DD:
    That's petty af though. I love the games so much! I really want you guys to do themed ones in the future, for xmas/easter/halloween etc :)
    Bago
  • BagoBago
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 805
    Maplestory XO Quiz I am starting to really not like it. I mean what's your target audience for players? Some of these questions won't be know by a bunch of people and just following the masses does not work as a group I've been in it has been dumped out on the first question.

1: How long some country was occupied by another?
    2: How long some president was in office for?
    3: If some famous people are brothers?
    4. Asking the unknown "pollywog does it grow its back legs first?"
    5. Asking the same question twice in a row (only happened once so far)

Couldn't the questions all refer to something in maplestory 2 itself? A reason to learn the games lore, places, people and items.
    iMakeActionLouvainSoulenite
  • iMakeActioniMakeAction
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,540
    Bago wrote: »
    Maplestory XO Quiz I am starting to really not like it. I mean what's your target audience for players? Some of these questions won't be know by a bunch of people and just following the masses does not work as a group I've been in it has been dumped out on the first question.

1: How long some country was occupied by another?
    2: How long some president was in office for?
    3: If some famous people are brothers?
    4. Asking the unknown "pollywog does it grow its back legs first?"
    5. Asking the same question twice in a row (only happened once so far)

Couldn't the questions all refer to something in maplestory 2 itself? A reason to learn the games lore, places, people and items.

Agreed. The questions are way too general. I was expecting them to be MapleStory related.
    LouvainSoulenite
  • SavageRebornSavageReborn
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    Some desync in ludibrium escape makes it almost impossible to do during prime time.
    Fix the issue with OX quiz sometimes doing the same question twice in the same game
  • lppulppu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,555
    After you hit level 50 doing these mini-games is pointless other than the coins you get at the end.
    And even then, a lot of the time you roll useless items with Kay coins.
    Level 50 mini-game rewards/perks would be nice to replace experience that wasn't gained.
    Or you could have the mini-game experience contribute to your prestige rank levels after level 50. That might be nice.
This discussion has been closed.