Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] UGC Design System

Comments

• CandleCandle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,270
    The UV mapping and imperfect templates make it difficult to accurately tell where the boundaries are for the textures. I tried identifying where the edges of the cube block template are so I could recolor them accordingly but I spent over an hour tinkering and trying to figure out where the edges of different faces of the model begin and end, and that was only for a fraction faces and edges on the model. I ended up conceding and exploring other elements of the game since I felt like I was getting nowhere.
    ArcticKing
  • mewberimewberi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,890
    please, oh please make it possible to zoom out far away in the test before you create it,
    i need to be able to see what it'll look like from a distance so i can get the details down correctly!
    because once it's released being completely prescise when finalizing is going to matter a whole lot,
    i want to be able to feel satisfied knowing i got it right on both regards, up close can only tell me so much unfortunately...
  • lppulppu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,525
    edited 7:08AM May 12, 2018
    I absolutely love the UGC system.
    Of course, there are a few bugs.

I suggest that on the Maplestory 2 website someone creates a 'UGC' or 'Skin' preview for players to use rather than having to preview the item they're creating in game. A lot of people have issues with trying to preview the item they're creating correctly with the in-game model, especially since it bugs out and equips/hair gets in the way, etc. I understand you are able to use a mannequin, but sometimes it glitches out and won't let me preview the item on a mannequin.

Also, it would be much nicer if the images were separated when you opened up UGC so that you don't have to figure out which template goes where.

For example: In the equips folder you will have folders for each template; Tops, Bottoms, Hats, Capes, etc. So when you go into the UGC, click on Tops, and then click on one of the tops available, only templates saved in the 'tops' folder will be available to view rather than every single UGC you have made in the past. It just makes it more organized and less chaotic and confusing. Every time I try to explain to someone how to use the UGC system they get extremely confused on which template they are supposed to be using.
  • Finn1337Finn1337
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 835
    add timestamp's to groupchats! :)
  • CalmWinterCalmWinter
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,330
    edited 11:45AM May 12, 2018
    Permanently hogging a banner time should not be allowed.

l2E5RMC.png

The whole point of give users the ability to display images in banners is to let users manipulate the environment, not 1 player hogging the display all the time.

What's the point in make a feature for everyone when just 1 person will use it?

Maybe a limitation of 2 slots per player at any given time would allow the rest to participate.
    lppuTheShadowHatterOkoriArcticKingImutone
  • LighterDaysLighterDays
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,000
    edited 8:18AM May 15, 2018
    k
  • SacredCrimsonSacredCrimson
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 730
    Really hard to tell how something maps to an item by the temps so it turns really hard to do anything to advanced.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,475
    The UGC system is great HOWEVER I'm almost always hearing copyrighted music and seeing copyrighted outfits. Additionally I've seen lots of inappropriate/semi-inappropriate names for characters and guilds. The UGC and overall customisation in the game needs to be heavily moderated. However I'm going to assume that there hasn't been much moderating as we're in a week long CBT and everything is getting wiped regardless.
    Darkpixie99
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,475
    CalmWinter wrote: »

l2E5RMC.png

The whole point of give users the ability to display images in banners is to let users manipulate the environment, not 1 player hogging the display all the time.

Maybe a limitation of 2 slots per player at any given time would allow the rest to participate.

I agree with this. It should be limited to 2-3 slots per player per day to stop this from happening. This wouldn't affect big guilds that wish to advertise or clothing design teams that want to promote their brand as they can still team up to take over the banner.
    lppuHizi
  • SourcedeauSourcedeau
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,470
    The clothes are OK but the weapon one are the worst one.
    The model are too simple , I would like to see more models with more complex shapes.

We need more models for housing too.
    MapleSapo
  • DarkxellmcDarkxellmc
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 640
    While it still needs improvements, it's a neat feature.
    It kinda kills the game atmosphere when you see all the hoses a city being custom blocks with images on them tho, but I'm guessing this will be better on full release when features like this will be paid.
    Imba
  • SkylerKelloeSkylerKelloe
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    my biggest issue is that there are too few templates for clothing
  • MarkMMarkM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 11,130
    Forum Moderator
    With regards to clothes and equipment, I feel like the 3D model selection is pretty limited, especially with weapons.
    I dislike the fact that there is only one option for staff and one option for scepter, and they're both unlikely to get much use because the heads of both the staff and scepter are straight-up cubes... I don't know too many people who would want to design a custom staff for themselves only to find that the staff is restricted to looking like a cube on a stick.

This can be somewhat of a problem with regards to the 3D models for clothes as well, as there aren't too many options for now. I have all sorts of ideas for clothes that I'd like to design, like jackets with special collars, etc., that just aren't available as a 3D model.
  • ddalgiddalgi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,020
    edited 1:01AM May 14, 2018
    I know lots of players have already mentioned this but PLEASE give us more options with the scepter template. I was going to try and make a Naminé outfit for my priest and it would've been perfect! Sketchbook AND a pencil but I was baffled upon finding out that the scepter template was a cube on a stick lol!
    MarkM
  • TehCupcakesTehCupcakes
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    Chros wrote: »
    kumagawa01 wrote: »
    in kerning city > view guild trophy ranking > lovehentai . Why can not I file a Report ?

--snipped--

They're not really violating the rules.
    "Hentai" is an allowed word.
    Their profile picture doesn't depict any explicit content.
    It is very possible that they are using copyrighted material, however. And even if that guild/individual is not, the idea still stands. Any user-uploaded content should be reportable.

That aside... I love the idea of UGC and how it works in the game, I just feel extremely limited by the current choice of weapon templates. As others have mentioned, the staff and scepter templates are probably the worst offenders. The VAST majority of staves in any MMO have some sort of sphere on top... It is just silly to try to design a staff with a stick and a giant block - might as well call it a hammer/mallet/mace. A stick with a sphere would be a HUGE improvement on its own. It seems the developers were aware clothing needed different styles even for the same type of item (shorts, skirt, tight pants, etc.) weapons should also have different styles. The wide variety of designs used by official weapons is not even close to being represented by UGC templates. Use your own weapon designs to inspire what kinds of templates are needed the most.
  • ZeroShadowZeroShadow
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,855
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    CalmWinter wrote: »

l2E5RMC.png

I agree with this. It should be limited to 2-3 slots per player per day to stop this from happening. This wouldn't affect big guilds that wish to advertise or clothing design teams that want to promote their brand as they can still team up to take over the banner.

Personally, I don't think you have to concern yourself with this. What you two might not be seeing is how much it cost to even display an image for one hour; which cost 30 merits per hour. Since this is a close beta users are just spending their Free Merits however they wish because it won't matter in the long run. You can probably imagine people will not use this as often as there are plenty of better ways to spend their Merits when the official release comes out.
    8854caf54898467c04cc84f25af63abf.png
    UmbraEstella
  • SugaSuga
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,070
    More templates, Other than that I love what you guys are doing.
  • qbicfeetqbicfeet
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    It would be nice if there was a way to create a template texture with the UV map as a grid, so you can at least gain a general sense of what parts of the texture map to where and how certain parts of it will distort. Designing pants with intricate details and making it all look right was rough and took a lot of trial-and-error. A good UV map to base my work on would have helped a lot.

I also wish there were more weapon models. As a wizard I'd love a staff model that looks a bit more elegant than a cube on a stick.
  • TheShadowHatterTheShadowHatter
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,130
    More clothing templates please! I would love to have people make skins for berets and trenchcoats and maybe even some cool jester clothing! more model templates the better!
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 960
    Going direct to the points:

1) I miss the possibility of using transparency. Example: a ripped jeans, I can't make the ripped parts using transparency, so I must fake it using the same skin tone on the ripped parts. I must make it with every skin tone if I want to use it in another character.

2) I see no point AT ALL to custom weapons with those shapes. Example: Staff for mages look like a brick on a stick. How to solve it: implement the possibility of changing the shape (polygons) of UGC content.

3) Name lenght for our customs should be bigger. Also the possibility of using special symbols would be great, like: - / ( ) [ ]
    Pegasnow
This discussion has been closed.