Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] UGC Design System

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 67,655
Administrator
edited 8:02AM May 9, 2018 in Closed Beta Feedback
Please leave your feedback regarding the "UGC Design System" for the Closed Beta.
Tassy

Comments

• NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 67,655
    Administrator
  • HisculesHiscules
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 855
    In the Maple Workshop, you can place designs on templates that they don't belong on. It'd be nice if you could click on a glove template and only see glove designs. Seeing a swim-cap design on a weapon template looks kinda messy.
    Agent_DragonfuryddalgiXtonyShadeo
  • NanokoNanoko
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,860
    It's not such a big deal but I kinda agree with Hiscules.

Also I know that since it isn't on KMS2 it probably won't happen in GMS2 but I would love to have atleast a little more variety in some of the templates.
    For example the staff is just a cube on a stick, I think it'd be nice to add a bit more models to the UGC.

And I guess this is just my personal prefference but I think it'd be nice to add a beret to the UGC! They can really add a nice touch to the whole outfit
    especially when having a completely custom made one.

But as I said, I know that this won't probably happen, so I can only dream ~
    BakaAnikiAgent_DragonfuryLunarCynthiaUmbraEstellaPegasnowQueenOfMana
  • JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,815
    edited 9:18AM May 10, 2018
    I actually have a big issue (may be personal) but my design came out "low quality" after I created it (see picture below)
    LEFT= How it looks in the editor preview
    RIGHT= After hitting create and equipping it
    1htYbEe.png
    There's purple/green spots all over it, some shading got recolored to purple/green and the overal quality went down a bit.
    (Texture file size is around 43KB)
    It would be very awesome if it could look like the original when you hit 'Create', since this will cost meret in the final release and it's kinda dissapointing to get a lower quality version full of green/purple spots.
    NanokoTheShadowHatterZintackTarabae
  • RegolantRegolant
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 970
    Honestly I love the content creator, the only nitpick I have about it is that for newbies like me templates are a little hard to use.

But hey, is just like anything in life, you adapt and you get used to it.

It is true that the outfits sometimes become low qual version of the .PNG image when equipping them, I am not sure if this is a bug or something related to shaders... It would be cool if you could add templates just with the skin color too!
    Agent_DragonfuryTheShadowHatteritstrucyoSterling_Aisling
  • AlgernonAlgernon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 670
    I feel that the allowable characters for item naming is too short? I can basically only fit 2 words in... Is that just me?
    weirdeePegasnow
  • FunkyFunky
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 455
    Please think about adding proper drums, so many ensembles I would like to make if actual drums were in the game.
    IFlyBeesNanokoPegasnow
  • AndrastaAndrasta
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    I love the system! I really enjoy the way that we can customize the clothing and the mounts, and the way that it applies on our characters.

If it could be added without too much needing to change, it might be a bit smoother if you could choose which program Maplestory 2 should use whenever you choose a template, so that you could use gimp/photoshop/inkscape by default instead of Microsoft Paint.

Also, for weapon templates it would be better if the blocky options had alternatives, since it is difficult to make a block look anything like a staff.

Either way, this is 100% the best system I have ever used in game to customize content. Great job developers! ^.^
    Sterling_Aisling
  • DaiwuffDaiwuff
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 800
    Hoping we can chose the default editor that MS2 opens, aside from Paint!
  • GoldiGoldi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,115
    I wish the templates had guiding lines that would help align things! right now its alot of trial and error for me.
  • iMakeActioniMakeAction
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,540
    edited 1:07AM May 11, 2018
    I actually have a big issue (may be personal) but my design came out "low quality" after I created it (see picture below)
    LEFT= How it looks in the editor preview
    RIGHT= After hitting create and equipping it
    1htYbEe.png
    There's purple/green spots all over it, some shading got recolored to purple/green and the overal quality went down a bit.
    (Texture file size is around 43KB)
    It would be very awesome if it could look like the original when you hit 'Create', since this will cost meret in the final release and it's kinda dissapointing to get a lower quality version full of green/purple spots.

Needs more JPEG!
  • kumagawa01kumagawa01
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    edited 1:19AM May 11, 2018
    in kerning city > view guild trophy ranking > lovehentai . Why can not I file a Report ?

32214707_1833169610036647_2763970918521765888_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f1ee84ae4db5b7e2cbae30034d5aa991&oe=5B850931
    TarabaePegasnowiMakeAction
  • SpyCSpyC
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    edited 2:21AM May 11, 2018
    The preview window for custom items isn't very indicative of how the item will look. Mainly, the camera doesn't zoom out enough and you can't have your character move around much. When I created a jacket, the preview wouldn't show a nasty seam under the arm. But once I equipped the jacket, I could easily see it during the idle animation. It would be a shame to buy the item again for one small tweak... or worse, live with it.

Another problem I have with UGC is you can't preview outfits. To see how a shirt and pants would look, you need to already own one or the other. Which, is a big commitment when they cost a few dollars.

Since there is already that instanced area to teach you about UGC, my suggestion is such. Let people make a free version of the item, that they can equip, run around in and use emotes, to really inspect it. But, limit the free version to the tutorial instance area. Then, people could get a good feel for an item before buying it.
    CandleCalwynArcticKingzrx
  • 21Salman21Salman
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    UGC design system is by far one of my favourite things about the game. However there are a few things I feel can be improved upon.

1. Give us an option to choose the default program that is opened when editing a template.
    2. Make it so only templates relevant to what you are editing can be used. I.e. only tshirt templates can be used on tshirts
    3. A more in-depth tutorial either on the forums, youtube, or in game possibly would do wonders for helping a HUGE majority of the playerbase create more than just shoddy images stuck on shirts.

A personal problem of mine has been that colours on Photoshop seem to not translate as well into the game. I also felt like the weapon designs were a bit limited in terms of shape. Scepters/staffs are giant bulky squares and it isn't intuitive on how to change them.
    ArcticKingShadeo
  • WindauraWindaura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 935
    UGC Design System is such a creative implementation, definitely, as said above, one of my favourite things about the game as well!
    Would it be possible to add glasses?
    Also, for the staff template, it seems to be really thick and large by default. Are there any ways of slimming it down to, for example, a sunflower design? How would we tell the game that something is 'transparent'?
  • FoldedCornerFoldedCorner
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,685
    I'd like to be able to change the shape of the object slightly as well. So if we erase some of the template or add pieces to it, it changes the 3D object.

The other, much easier, request is to increase the name length. I can't even name "Baseball T-Shirt"
  • LiowinLiowin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    Is there any plan for creating your own geometry? (or am i missing some details how i could do this right now!?)
    As of right now i can only choose from weapons with "standard" geometry.
    So if i wanted to create a design for a Big Tower Shield instead of a tiny one how would i do this?

Other than that i really like that you can add your own style to game.
    What i don't like however is how some people use this freedom to create stuff that clearly doesn't fit the theme of maple world at all or even is against the rules.
    So i hope there will be a system in place to efficiently manage the player generated content & let players report things etc.
  • xOreoxOreo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 810
    I love to have acessories like headphones and others to costum them . So yeah more costum clothers will be cool. I mean templates.
    itstrucyoLouwe
  • ChrosChros
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,510
    kumagawa01 wrote: »
    in kerning city > view guild trophy ranking > lovehentai . Why can not I file a Report ?

32214707_1833169610036647_2763970918521765888_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f1ee84ae4db5b7e2cbae30034d5aa991&oe=5B850931

They're not really violating the rules.
    "Hentai" is an allowed word.
    Their profile picture doesn't depict any explicit content.
    xCosmickaSacredCrimsonNilremArcticKingMrNipple999Notabadger
  • CzareCzare
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,585
    edited 1:40PM May 11, 2018
    can we have some offline tool for UGC?
    using the character models and all

i want to actualize a full outfit without having to spend $ to test how they fit together in the game.
    CandlemewberiSacredCrimsonSpyCRikuroArcelleUberchaoOkoriRenuartArcticKingand 5 others.
This discussion has been closed.