Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Overall Impressions

Comments

• ShadeoShadeo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    edited 2:16PM May 20, 2018
    HOLY METER BATMAN SOMEONE BURN IT WITH FIRE lol nah i can still play the game without it haha but Jesus all mighty do you guys fling meret cost at every thing .. sometimes i wonder if someday ill have to pay for meret to walk lol... the channel chat (that everyone talks in) cost meret, the auto fishing cost meret a lot of housing stuff cost meret .. auto anything probably cost meret.... bag expand cost meret , the point im making is i could probably make a list of all the meret things that really are ridiculous to be costing meret... i might be able to over look this if there is an in game way to get meret pretty smoothly but ive yet to find one.... i get the whole idea of "pay for convenience" but if u spike every single cool small feature that makes maple story life easier with meret... your messing up .. and its sad .. can only hope ill be able to type in channel chat with every one else without paying money ...... other than this crazy meret stuff 7/10 would be 10/10 but .... meret .. p2enjoy the little things

i agree with you. paying merits for chatting is ridiculous. It kinda is okay for server wide chats but not channel or map or whatever chats. and no comment for the autofishing... its also ridiculous.
    i really hope they remove some of the merit costs. wanting us to pay for everything is not fun at all
    happyx2055EndeavourDanDK
  • SeaPoinkSeaPoink
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 210
    edited 2:45PM May 20, 2018
    Overall i find the game enjoyable.

The soundtrack feels like it fits the new world while still giving nostalgia feels.
    i found the lack of side quests in the beta troublesome, as the main quest is quite tedious and not engaging - generally there is too much talking during the main quest and not much content in these talks.

i found myself wanting to explore individual distant and isolated maps with soothing ambiance - but there is nothing really to actively do in those maps ( i know its a beta) i hope you find a way to make all the maps more engaging and special in their own right over time, maybe its just the first maple story beta era feels talking but i do feel its a big part of the game.

another suggestion is the current skill system :

its very fluent and responsive. and not at all bad. but it gets stale very fast.
    this means you just want to create a new character with a different class quickly since you get bored of using the same 4- 5 maybe 6 skills over and over.
    i think in the future you should return the job advancement system as you increase the level cap to increase individual class and character development and overall engagement.

i also think there needs to be a little more variety with the gear sprites/images in the inventory screen. most of the gear looks the same.

Overall i found myself wanting to keep playing, i hope to see how the game would look in the near future with more content added after launch
    Endeavour
  • ErnestiEchivarriaErnestiEchivarria
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    First impression.

Well, I really like everything especially the models, it also reminds me of many games apart, but I would like you to add a channel for people who speak Spanish or who add Spanish.
  • ShadeoShadeo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    edited 7:45AM May 22, 2018
    My overall impressions of the game: it is a socializing, fun and good game with potential to become very popular if a few things get fixed/changed AND most importantly, P2W is avoided! (I know that companies have to make money but there is no P2W needed. Look at Guild Wars 2, League of Legends etc. they get more than enough and have no P2W aspects!) I'm completely for cosmetics, reskins, little convinience and will definetly support the game with my money if there is no P2W. (Guess many people will do)

The game does many things right but it's still not perfect which I'll talk about later. But first I want to mention a few very good things the game does:

-The mini games are very, very nice and refreshing (I hope to see more of them later on)
    -WE CAN CREATE OUR OWN COSTUME/WEAPON SKINS?! This is so insane and I instantly fell inlove (I hope to see more templates in the future, especially for weapons since some look weird and having more options is always nice!)
    -Housing in MS2 is pretty well done
    -The combat system is a nicely done action combat (I wish the "escape/dodge" skills were I-Frames to make them smoother)
    -I like that we can reset our attribute and skill points anytime we like to
    -active fishing is pretty nice. I actually hate fishing but in MS2 I see myself do it every now and then.
    -The music activity is so crisp! (I wish we could compose our own music and either use them by our own or sell them!)

There are many more good things to name but lets get to the improvements the game could/should go for:

-Please avoid any kind of P2W! Be transparent, keep the contact with us and listen to your awesome community! GMS2 could be a big thing!
    -Please work on Account-wide stuff. Maybe a Account-wide wardrobe where you collect your skins/collections/mounts/pets/cosmetics/dyes/whatever in and can use them whenever you like how often you want to? It's not only convenient but also gives us the feeling that our collection/progression is not lost when we use another character and our time is not wasted! Plus it is very user friendly and gives us freedom! And more account-wide things... was only a big thing I wanted to mention. (It's 2018... please, even older games has those things implemented)
    -Why aren't our friends account bound? Same goes to guilds. With the little limit of 30 (later a bit more) members the guild gets full quickly. Especially if someone wants to join with 2 or more characters. If you don't guilds to be account-wide, atleast increase the member limit please. It is very small right now.
    -I think too many things cost merit right now. I.e.: channel/world chat, autofishing etc...
    -Please add a borderless windowed mode. Please!
    -Interacting with the interface caused lags (sometimes a little spike, sometimes a bigger one) I.e. Inventory, Trophy tab etc.
    -Text on the interface somewhat blurry and not read that well. (for example the quests and HP/MP text)
    -Please add a "recieve all" button to our mailboxes!
    -Please refine the graphics and give us more options since many have FPS issues. A better optimization would be nice!
    -REMOVE the dungeon/raid limit. Atleast the dungeon one. Restrictions and time pressures aren't a fun thing! Please let us the freedom to manage how/when and with whom we want to do which content. It's 2018 and it's NA/EU. This might work in the eastern but not here.
    -Same goes to the gathering. Remove the limit. Please rework the gathering in this game. You can make the nodes respawn every x minutes or whatever. Gathering as it is right now makes no sense at all and is very boring and turns off.
    -Please let us scroll through the dialogues with our own pace and give us the option to skip the cutscenes with only 1 esc key press.
    -Chat filters HAVE to go! Nothing is more annoying than typing and see your text vanishing and not knowing why. It took me 5 minutes to get that "Staff" is censored. Haha. Please remove the filters. Alteast give us the freedom in the options to toggle it on/off. I always turn chat filters off.
    -Improve the Chat window and options. And please remove the background color of the channel chat, make the text in the channel colored instead and leave the chat window with a black background. Much easier to read and nicer for the eyes.
    -Writing in channel/map/whatever chat shouldn't cost anything. Maybe for server wide channel but that would be the only exeption, if any.
    -Chat commands are very weird. For example we have to type "/Local" to write in the general/say chat. why not keep it simple with "/s /w /y /g /w" etc.?
    -Adding more things to the built in DPS meter would be nice. Such as party/raid member dps/healing/dmg taken etc. and party dps etc would be awesome!
    -For some reason I cant boost my mount speed when I move diagonally. This makes controlling my mount somewhat clunky.
    -Wall climbing from any other angle than the "ego" perspective either is not possible for some reason or feels weird to do.
    -Please rework the LFG tool. Maybe add a ready button before the dungeon pops and a choosing a role would be also nice etc...
    -I love PvP and also world PvP but every type of PvP in MS2 so far has been gear oriented. Add a competitive PvP mode with normalized stats with a bit of player (stats) customization. It would be nice to have a mode like that beside the open world PvP, the event popup PvP and the normal one.
    -An option to duel your friends would be cool. Either adding a dueling mode or letting us to create a room where people can join for fun PvP times!
    -A Overview of all active events, worldbosses etc. would be nice
    -Balance the EXP gains please. I like the pace of the leveling through the epic quest (and I know that 50 is not the max level, which is very good and nice since the quest takes us to lvl 50. that aspect is perfectly done) but we love freedom, options and variety so bringing the other ways of leveling (or adding new ways) on par with it or almost near the questchain would be nice. Why not making grinding out on the maps almost as efficient too? Letting mobs/bosses in the world drop more EXP. This would also help party play in levels under 50. Why not letting mobs in dungeons drop EXP? So we have actually a reason killing them? This also would help party play beside the variety we got. And lastly the arcade/event pop-ups. Making them wield more EXP too! So even more people enjoy them! (2k18 guys. Please! :P)
    -What happens with the fishes? I guess it would be cool if we could do stuff with the fishes we actually fish. Autofishing really shouldn't cost merits. You could for example make auto fishing slower than active fishing and then bring out a cash shop item to speed it up a bit like reducing the auto fishing time by 50% or something.
    -I really hope we see more unique and original classes in the future but don't feel like a 2nd MS1 please
    -I'm a bit disappointed that the classes have a little skill pool, I really loved games like MS2 where you could get a class/job advancement and/or branching classes. The hype was real when you finally could use your new skills! I would be fine with more skills, if you dont want to add job advancements. I'd really like to see more class skills
    -Please remove the limit how often a item can be sold through the market or atleast increase the limit to 5 or something. This is very restrictive and if you make a mistake by buying a wrong item, youre done. (2k18 guys, please)

This text took me a very long time and I hope I could help the community and the Nexon team with my impression and ideas.
    Thanks for the CBT invite and I'm looking forward to GMS2, I hope you don't mess it up!
    Cheers
    EndeavourZatchDanDK
  • DandyDandy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Controlling with a mouse was hard and I couldn't find a way to revert to keyboard controls instead.
  • CandleCandle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,585
    Flying mounts that bob up and down dramatically make the camera extremely unpleasant.
    Flying mounts trivialize exploration and make ground mounts near-useless.
    Having multiple chat tabs but not having any notification that text appeared in unfocused tabs is a pain.
    I really like how the world bosses and minibosses work. It's a huge improvement over MapleStory's in terms of spawn times. In terms of killing them, it's basically a requirement to have 5 people whereas dungeon and minibosses are soloable at the expense of being slower.
    Where are all of the non-story, non-daily quests? I didn't see any other than the Level 5 Foraging/Mining ones but my inventory filled up with quest items.
    Are there no jump quests other than the ludibrium maze? I really liked jump quests from MapleStory.
    Are there no party quests? I heard KMS2 had them at one point but I didn't encounter any unless they're counted as dungeons, but even so the traditional "stand on numbered blocks, complete class-specific tasks" facets are nowhere to be seen.
  • ISleepAlotISleepAlot
    I had a lot of fun. The raids were the highlight of the game for me. The process of gearing up in very similar to other standard mmos which is not for everyone. The game pretty much starts at lvl 50 which is fine but its a lot of fun
  • NaoyinNaoyin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,250
    edited 9:27AM May 21, 2018
    Loved the game! It seems like the perfect MMO to play casually on the side, which makes the ever-looming P2W aspect (cosmetic gem slots, etc.) just a little more tolerable. Here are a few things I felt:
    - The UI is gigantic. Even at the smallest possible setting, the screen still feels incredibly cluttered (using a 1920 x 1080).
    - Group chat feels clunky; I'd like more freedom to adjust the size of the window.
    - There didn't seem to be much moderation; how do you report guild names in-game?
    - A toggleable chat filter would be nice as it is very restrictive right now (banning words that are perfectly safe).

happyx2055
  • LittleJeffLittleJeff
    The game was great. Wish I had more time to try every class. I still would like to have the option to change some of the hot keys.
  • MilkTeéMilkTeé
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    edited 4:25AM May 21, 2018
    Everything was fine until the achievement soundeffect popped out in the middle of the cutscene. It really ruins the immersion when you see someone laying dead on the ground in the cutscene and suddenly the fanfare comes out lol, maybe make it so you get the achievements after the cutscenes. I also think there should be some sort of punshiment when you die repeatedly, because after I died the first time and found out that you dont really get punished when you die I just stopped caring about death and ran straight into everything because I figured whatever I'm just gonna spawn back in a few seconds anyway, the only time I regret dying was in the forgotten vayar dungeon because if you die in the middle of the bossfight after vayar has changed his location you will have to travel through the tornadoes to get back to him which hurt a ton. I'm not saying thats a bad thing rather I encourage something like that, because it really makes the player care about their deaths and value their lives more. (wow that got deep real fast)
  • uchihaVictoruchihaVictor
    overal i find pretty awesome.
    but i really missed the first class second class third class ect. that was maby better but overall nice game-play still i can have some improvements
    i want to play it again and again now but its closed ;( but thanks for let me play the beta it was very nice game and its still a nice game
  • MillnMilln
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,110
    Suggestions:

- Friends should be account-wide, rather than per character.
    - Too much standard stuff costs merets. In Closed Beta we didn't get a good idea on how to acquire these since it was given to us in surplus, so we can only assume it's cash moneys. Pay real world money to do basic QoL things? I don't think that's gonna fly.
    - Borderless Windowed mode, please.
    - (Yet another person in Overall Game Impressions saying) remove dungeon limit. Maybe make them milestones where you receive a bonus or a guaranteed piece of equipment (maybe even a choice!) instead of the restricted maximum.
    - Don't censor anything in chat by default. Give us a toggle. Censoring the word staff when it's a weapon type in the game simply because (what can only be assumed) you don't want players talking trash about the development or support team is laughable. Add a "Profanity Filter"
    - Duel request. Let us request a duel of strangers or friends. This shouldn't be a HUD blocking popup, though. or it'll get used to grief.
  • EndeavourEndeavour
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 430
    Overall Impressions:

- The game is BEAUTIFUL!!!, incredibly community friendly, amazing customization system, extra activities like fishing and playing music are very fun, lots of PvP modes, minigames are very interesting, raids and dungeons are defying, and specially no P2W system! I loved playing during CBT!

-The only aspects I would change are the LEVELING and QUESTING system. The only suitable way to level up is through questing, and it bothers me. Maple in it's essence is a grinding game and the lack of it in MS2 is quite sad actually.

- I would love to have MORE GRINDING and LESS QUESTING to level up in a suitable way. It would make the game more challenging.

Thank you Nexon! I cannot wait for the Launch! :)
  • EndeavourEndeavour
    Shadeo wrote: »
    My overall impressions of the game: it is a socializing, fun and good game with potential to become very popular if a few things get fixed/changed AND most importantly, P2W is avoided! (I know that companies have to make money but there is no P2W needed. Look at Guild Wars 2, League of Legends etc. they get more than enough and have no P2W aspects!) I'm completely for cosmetics, reskins, little convinience and will definetly support the game with my money if there is no P2W. (Guess many people will do)

The game does many things done right but still not perfect which I'll talk about later. But first I want to mention a few very good things the game does:

-The mini games are very, very nice and refreshing (I hope to see more of them later on)
    -WE CAN CREATE OUR OWN COSTUME/WEAPON SKINS?! This is so insane and I instantly fell inlove (I hope to see more templates in the future, especially for weapons since some look weird and having more options is always nice!)
    -Housing in MS2 is pretty well done
    -The combat system is a nicely done action combat (I wish the "escape/dodge" skills were I-Frames to make them smoother)
    -I like that we can reset our attribute and skill points anytime we like to
    -active fishing is pretty nice. I actually hate fishing but in MS2 I see myself do it every now and then.
    -The music activity is so crisp! (I wish we could compose our own music and either use them by our own or sell them!)

There are many more good things to name but lets get to the improvements the game could/should go for:

-Please avoid any kind of P2W! Be transparent, keep the contact with us and listen to your awesome community! GMS2 could be a big thing!
    -Please work on Account-wide stuff. Maybe a Account-wide wardrobe where you collect your skins/collections/mounts/pets/cosmetics/dyes/whatever in and can use them whenever you like how often you want to? It's not only convenient but also gives us the feeling that our collection/progression is not lost when we use another character and our time is not wasted! Plus it is very user friendly and gives us freedom! And more account-wide things... was only a big thing I wanted to mention. (It's 2018... please, even older games has those things implemented)
    -Why aren't our friends account bound? Same goes to guilds. With the little limit of 30 (later a bit more) members the guild gets full quickly. Especially if someone wants to join with 2 or more characters. If you don't guilds to be account-wide, atleast increase the member limit please. It is very small right now.
    -I think too many things cost merit right now. I.e.: channel/world chat, autofishing etc...
    -Please add a borderless windowed mode. Please!
    -Interacting with the interface caused lags (sometimes a little spike, sometimes a bigger one) I.e. Inventory, Trophy tab etc.
    -Text on the interface somewhat blurry and not read that well. (for example the quests and HP/MP text)
    -Please add a "recieve all" button to our mailboxes!
    -Please refine the graphics and give us more options since many have FPS issues. A better optimization would be nice!
    -REMOVE the dungeon/raid limit. Atleast the dungeon one. Restrictions and time pressures aren't a fun thing! Please let us the freedom to manage how/when and with whom we want to do which content. It's 2018 and it's NA/EU. This might work in the eastern but not here.
    -Same goes to the gathering. Remove the limit. Please rework the gathering in this game. You can make the nodes respawn every x minutes or whatever. Gathering as it is right now makes no sense at all and is very boring and turns off.
    -Please let us scroll through the dialogues with our own pace and give us the option to skip the cutscenes with only 1 esc key press.
    -Chat filters HAVE to go! Nothing is more annoying than typing and see your text vanishing and not knowing why. It took me 5 minutes to get that "Staff" is censored. Haha. Please remove the filters. Alteast give us the freedom in the options to toggle it on/off. I always turn chat filters off.
    -Improve the Chat window and options. And please remove the background color of the channel chat, make the text in the channel colored instead and leave the chat window with a black background. Much easier to read and nicer for the eyes.
    -Writing in channel/map/whatever chat shouldn't cost anything. Maybe for server wide channel but that would be the only exeption, if any.
    -Chat commands are very weird. For example we have to type "/Local" to write in the general/say chat. why not keep it simple with "/s /w /y /g /w" etc.?
    -Adding more things to the built in DPS meter would be nice. Such as party/raid member dps/healing/dmg taken etc. and party dps etc would be awesome!
    -For some reason I cant boost my mount speed when I move diagonally. This makes controlling my mount somewhat clunky.
    -Wall climbing from any other angle than the "ego" perspective either is not possible for some reason or feels weird to do.
    -Please rework the LFG tool. Maybe add a ready button before the dungeon pops and a choosing a role would be also nice etc...
    -I love PvP and also world PvP but every type of PvP in MS2 so far has been gear oriented. Add a competitive PvP mode with normalized stats with a bit of player (stats) customization. It would be nice to have a mode like that beside the open world PvP, the event popup PvP and the normal one.
    -An option to duel your friends would be cool. Either adding a dueling mode or letting us to create a room where people can join for fun PvP times!
    -A Overview of all active events, worldbosses etc. would be nice
    -Balance the EXP gains please. I like the pace of the leveling through the epic quest but we love freedom, options and variety so bringing the other ways of leveling (or adding new ways) on par with it or almost near the questchain would be nice. Why not making grinding out on the maps almost as efficient too? Letting mobs/bosses in the world drop more EXP. This would also help party play in levels under 50. Why not letting mobs in dungeons drop EXP? So we have actually a reason killing them? This also would help party play beside the variety we got. And lastly the arcade/event pop-ups. Making them wield more EXP too! So even more people enjoy them! (2k18 guys. Please! :P)
    -What happens with the fishes? I guess it would be cool if we could do stuff with the fishes we actually fish. Autofishing really shouldn't cost merits. You could for example make auto fishing slower than active fishing and then bring out a cash shop item to speed it up a bit like reducing the auto fishing time by 50% or something.
    -I really hope we see more unique and original classes in the future but don't feel like a 2nd MS1 please
    -I'm a bit disappointed that the classes have a little skill pool, I really loved games like MS2 where you could get a class/job advancement and/or branching classes. The hype was real when you finally could use your new skills! I would be fine with more skills, if you dont want to add job advancements. I'd really like to see more class skills
    -Please remove the limit how often a item can be sold through the market or atleast increase the limit to 5 or something. This is very restrictive and if you make a mistake by buying a wrong item, youre done. (2k18 guys, please)

This text took me a very long time and I hope I could help the community and the Nexon team with my impression and ideas.
    Thanks for the CBT invite and I'm looking forward to GMS2, I hope you don't mess it up!
    Cheers

AGREE 100%!!!!
    ShadeoDanDK
  • EndeavourEndeavour
    Shadeo wrote: »
    -Balance the EXP gains please. I like the pace of the leveling through the epic quest but we love freedom, options and variety so bringing the other ways of leveling (or adding new ways) on par with it or almost near the questchain would be nice. Why not making grinding out on the maps almost as efficient too? Letting mobs/bosses in the world drop more EXP. This would also help party play in levels under 50. Why not letting mobs in dungeons drop EXP? So we have actually a reason killing them? This also would help party play beside the variety we got. And lastly the arcade/event pop-ups. Making them wield more EXP too! So even more people enjoy them! (2k18 guys. Please! :P)

That's what I feel too my friend! Shadeo wrote the best review I've read on this forum! Congratulations to you!
    Shadeo
  • champGTMchampGTM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    Please make a choice for players who like the KR characters voice.
    Some many players don't like this characters voice.
    happyx2055Animelicious
  • jdwizkidjdwizkid
    I really enjoyed the closed beta. I appreciated the ability to level so quickly that way I could experience raids and other things so quickly. I hope that this is not as easy in the final product because I liked a challenge.
    There was so much to experience in the closed beta, I couldn't do it all which is refreshing because I don't feel like this game will get stale soon.
    Fishing is a great addition because it gives characters something while afk.
    My main concern is how much damage was lowered to fight bosses outside of the level range. I would have liked to be able to handle low level bosses easier if I increased my range.
    I was extremely satisfied with the beta and I can not wait for the live game.
  • XLimonadroXXLimonadroX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    the game is great, i love it
  • treespongetreesponge
    I enjoyed the beta quite a bit, but the text is so. so. slow. My only request is that you add a sentence-skip or a setting so text just appears on the screen instead of scrolling out like the character is trying to speak Whale. Otherwise, cute and fun game!
  • MillnMilln
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,110
    Suggestion: Increase the character limit for Guild Names.
    DanDK
This discussion has been closed.