Is Heavy Gunner really bad for pvp? Need input.

WachsendWachsend
Maplestory 2 Rep: 925
edited 7:03AM April 30, 2018 in Heavy Gunner
Heavy Gunner lovers. What do you think?
You_Can_Trust_MeKeeno
  1. Is Heavy Gunner really bad for pvp?65 votes
    1. Yes
       17% (11 votes)
    2. No
       35% (23 votes)
    3. Maybe
       48% (31 votes)

Comments

• KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,975
    I’ve been keeping an eye on the CMS2 arena ratings and there current season the highest I’ve seen gunner was 14th in 1 v 1s. Not that is states whether or not they’re at a disadvantage, but it looks like they have the ability to contend with other classes.
  • IlikesausagesIlikesausages
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,700
    Keeno wrote: »
    I’ve been keeping an eye on the CMS2 arena ratings and there current season the highest I’ve seen gunner was 14th in 1 v 1s. Not that is states whether or not they’re at a disadvantage, but it looks like they have the ability to contend with other classes.

What was the top?
  • SixaxisSixaxis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,895
    Keeno wrote: »

What was the top?
    (All Lv65)
    1. Assassin (MMR: 2021)
    2. Berserker
    3. Wizard
    4. Knight
    5. Runeblader
    6. Berserker
    7. Knight
    8. Berserker
    9. Runeblader
    10. Berserker
    11. Berserker
    12. Thief
    13. Archer
    14. Runeblader
    15. Archer
    16. Knight
    17. Soul Binder
    18. Berserker
    19. Berserker
    20. Archer (MMR: 1627)
    25. Heavy Gunner (MMR: 1543)

Heavy Gunner isn't that popular of a class in the the high-rankings it seems. If your goal is consistently landing in the Top 10, then HG might not be the pick for you. However, it'd be all the more impressive if you managed to make it there regardless of Berserkers flooding the rankings. I mean, the Wizard somehow managed to sneak himself in the top 20, so it's not impossible for a HG to do the same.
  • WachsendWachsend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 925
    I guess with a little bit of hardwork you can reach it.
  • LanbobyonsonLanbobyonson
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,455
    edited 2:39PM May 6, 2018
    The problem I forsee with HGs is that most of their abilities that are good for PVP have cooldowns so you only really get one shot to win the fight before they just run in and kill you while your skills are on CD since after that you only have skills where you're standing still. It'd take a lot of good strategy, precision, timing, and gimmicks to win all the way to high rank I think. Idk how much the current rankings mean because maybe there's not a heavy gunner who really wants top 10 playing since they're so rare to see already. I believe in HGs PVP potential; someone who's been playing CMS2 for the last year told me HGs are pretty good at it too.
  • BrokenrosekingBrokenroseking
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    Sheesh archer on the bottom and sins on top hard break for gunners and archers sheesh.
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,975
    Sheesh archer on the bottom and sins on top hard break for gunners and archers sheesh.

There was one point during the season an archer was rank 1 on cms. I'm not going to deny that hg will struggle but just have to see what kind of game we get with gms.
  • KrineasKrineas
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 305
    I really hope it's good for pvp, I'm waiting to be accepted to the close beta and I'm so hyped to play as a heavy gunner
  • RacketeerRacketeer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,230
    Krineas wrote: »
    I really hope it's good for pvp, I'm waiting to be accepted to the close beta and I'm so hyped to play as a heavy gunner

4f3cdfbdba.png
    Yeah. Keep, uh, keep it up.