Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Knights only purpose tanking?

ArchmonkArchmonk
Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,605
edited 8:39AM April 28, 2018 in Knight
I want opinions. Do knights only exist to tank? They have buffs but mostly surrounded by increasing defense statistics. Buff + Tank, but really the role falls into the tank category.

What do you think?
  1. Is tanking the main purpose of the Knight class?93 votes
    1. Yes
       43% (40 votes)
    2. No
       57% (53 votes)

Comments

• HosuHosu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,805
    There's no real tanking involved in MS2, so right off the bat we can establish that. The aggro system doesn't function to allow a "tank" to eat all the damage. Realistically, a Knight gives defensive utility through their invuln skills, and provides buffs + debuffs the boss/mobs with Shield Throw. Apart from that, they're expected to deal DPS as well.

In general a Knight is not a mandatory requirement for raids and parties in KR MS2, but it makes the raid easier for sure, so its preferred when available.
    ArchmonkNorthboundYarottsora195DatahoundRoyalLeoWolfKniGht_LiGhtHairyHare
  • issaDoveissaDove
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    I hope people play him.
  • YarottYarott
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,040
    issaDove wrote: »
    I hope people play him.
    I sure will. Almost no one likes to be their shield. So, I will try to mitigate that fact.
  • ArchmonkArchmonk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,605
    Knights seem like a great class to me, I am trying to figure out the class dynamics though. The high CC and defense buffs seem so overpowered for group play.
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,990
    Though I won't be playing knight I love the way it has been designed. It isn't a case of *aggro boss*, *face boss away from party*, *accept the beat down while maintaining aggro*. Makes raiding look more interesting.
  • sora195sora195
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,350
    edited 4:46PM May 3, 2018
    Hosu wrote: »
    There's no real tanking involved in MS2, so right off the bat we can establish that. The aggro system doesn't function to allow a "tank" to eat all the damage. Realistically, a Knight gives defensive utility through their invuln skills, and provides buffs + debuffs the boss/mobs with Shield Throw. Apart from that, they're expected to deal DPS as well.

In general a Knight is not a mandatory requirement for raids and parties in KR MS2, but it makes the raid easier for sure, so its preferred when available.

Well, the only thing i can say is this. No one knows what the end game dungeons will be like once they add the 2nd and 3rd class advancement things will probably get crazy.
    Quindin
  • AgonneeAgonnee
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 505
    I would really love to be a raid style tank if that's how the game play ends up being. However given how it looks to play, it will be more of a defensive support and you'll tank by character positioning and skill usage.
  • EnearonEnearon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    No. I think focus of knights if being a support augmenting group defensive capabilities.
  • DinnerDinner
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,265
    From what I've seen, knights can deal some of the highest damage.