Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders

Knights only purpose tanking?

ArchmonkArchmonk
Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,615
edited 8:39AM April 28, 2018 in Knight
I want opinions. Do knights only exist to tank? They have buffs but mostly surrounded by increasing defense statistics. Buff + Tank, but really the role falls into the tank category.

What do you think?
  1. Is tanking the main purpose of the Knight class?99 votes
    1. Yes
       43% (43 votes)
    2. No
       57% (56 votes)

Comments

• HosuHosu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,655
    There's no real tanking involved in MS2, so right off the bat we can establish that. The aggro system doesn't function to allow a "tank" to eat all the damage. Realistically, a Knight gives defensive utility through their invuln skills, and provides buffs + debuffs the boss/mobs with Shield Throw. Apart from that, they're expected to deal DPS as well.

In general a Knight is not a mandatory requirement for raids and parties in KR MS2, but it makes the raid easier for sure, so its preferred when available.
    ArchmonkNorthboundYarottsora195DatahoundRoyalLeoWolfKniGht_LiGhtHairyHare
  • issaDoveissaDove
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    I hope people play him.
  • YarottYarott
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,040
    issaDove wrote: »
    I hope people play him.
    I sure will. Almost no one likes to be their shield. So, I will try to mitigate that fact.
  • ArchmonkArchmonk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,615
    Knights seem like a great class to me, I am trying to figure out the class dynamics though. The high CC and defense buffs seem so overpowered for group play.
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,040
    Though I won't be playing knight I love the way it has been designed. It isn't a case of *aggro boss*, *face boss away from party*, *accept the beat down while maintaining aggro*. Makes raiding look more interesting.
  • sora195sora195
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,350
    edited 4:46PM May 3, 2018
    Hosu wrote: »
    There's no real tanking involved in MS2, so right off the bat we can establish that. The aggro system doesn't function to allow a "tank" to eat all the damage. Realistically, a Knight gives defensive utility through their invuln skills, and provides buffs + debuffs the boss/mobs with Shield Throw. Apart from that, they're expected to deal DPS as well.

In general a Knight is not a mandatory requirement for raids and parties in KR MS2, but it makes the raid easier for sure, so its preferred when available.

Well, the only thing i can say is this. No one knows what the end game dungeons will be like once they add the 2nd and 3rd class advancement things will probably get crazy.
    Quindin
  • AgonneeAgonnee
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 505
    I would really love to be a raid style tank if that's how the game play ends up being. However given how it looks to play, it will be more of a defensive support and you'll tank by character positioning and skill usage.
  • EnearonEnearon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    No. I think focus of knights if being a support augmenting group defensive capabilities.
  • DinnerDinner
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,315
    From what I've seen, knights can deal some of the highest damage.