Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

The Ultimate Archer Guide [Updated 2018-10-16]

Comments

• DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 30,490
    So I've added basic skill builds for bossing and mobbing, and I was able to hit the character limit pretty easily. Glad I reserved those other two comments.

In any case, I'd love to get feedback on the builds. Do you agree or disagree? Will you be rushing Sharp Eyes?

Can't give you feedback on the builds since I haven't played any version of MS2. I will definitely follow them if they're applicable since they seem well thought out.

However, with 'current state of KMS2' I assume that means including the notorious Restart patch which I'm praying will stay away from the game for as long as humanly possible. And if the game launches at a more 'basic' state, I assume your build paths are no longer 'down' to date?
    Forum_Lurker
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,200
    Forum Moderator
    edited 10:55PM May 5, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    However, with 'current state of KMS2' I assume that means including the notorious Restart patch which I'm praying will stay away from the game for as long as humanly possible. And if the game launches at a more 'basic' state, I assume your build paths are no longer 'down' to date?

@DanDK The Restart patch really did a lot of good for the game. Houses were no longer limited to just the players that could afford them, you no longer needed crystals to level up skills, they added the skill tree window with all the pre-reqs, they added the life skills (mining, crafting, smithing, etc), they added the exploration goals, and even just little things like overhauling the inventory tabs, merging mount and pet, for example.

Ideally, I would like to see GMS2 start with many of the features added in the Restart patch, especially the new skill system. Not just because I wouldn't have to rewrite almost the entire guide, but because we wouldn't have to get used to the old skills knowing full well that they would be completely overhauled in the future.

Restart may have been added a year and a half into KMS2's lifetime, but it's been a year and a half since they made the update, so it's definitely within Nexon's ability to have it translated and adapted for GMS2.

But yeah, if the Restart Patch doesn't apply to GMS2, this guide is going to look very different, come CBT.
  • DanDKDanDK
    edited 8:26AM May 6, 2018

@DanDK The Restart patch really did a lot of good for the game. Houses were no longer limited to just the players that could afford them, you no longer needed crystals to level up skills, they added the skill tree window with all the pre-reqs, they added the life skills (mining, crafting, smithing, etc), they added the exploration goals, and even just little things like overhauling the inventory tabs, merging mount and pet, for example.

Ideally, I would like to see GMS2 start with many of the features added in the Restart patch, especially the new skill system. Not just because I wouldn't have to rewrite almost the entire guide, but because we wouldn't have to get used to the old skills knowing full well that they would be completely overhauled in the future.

Restart may have been added a year and a half into KMS2's lifetime, but it's been a year and a half since they made the update, so it's definitely within Nexon's ability to have it translated and adapted for GMS2.

But yeah, if the Restart Patch doesn't apply to GMS2, this guide is going to look very different, come CBT.

I think the Housing part is one of the few good things it came with. Then again, it's not perfect - old houses have been left useless and the point of having a house as an achievement has also been reduced. I wouldn't say it's bad though.
    Life Skills are additional content, not a change, so obviously that's good. But I think it's too much to start with additional content when a lot of players haven't even explored the basic content yet. I would hope that they'll wait a bit with releasing it.

Anyway, I was just focusing on the skill system. I agree that it's better to have as few future changes as possible, so if a change was unavoidable then it's obviously better to start with that change implemented.
    But I haven't heard that many good things about the new skill system compared to the old one, so it would still be nice if we end up with something slightly different. As I understood it, in the classic Nexon way of solving things, they tweaked something that was slightly too challenging to make it way too simple. For example, having skills unlock through some effort (such as crystals) is not necessarily a bad thing, and I hope people will still have to work for it instead of just getting auto-unlocks per level (especially when levelling is already quite easy and post-Restart: free).
    I hope you'll update the guide during CBT if it turns out we get anything different (or if you have other builds lying around based on the old system, share them in advance?) :D
    Forum_Lurker
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Forum Moderator
    I hope you'll update the guide during CBT if it turns out we get anything different (or if you have other builds lying around based on the old system, share them in advance?) :D

@DanDK, yeah, even if I did still remember what builds were like back then, they're way more fluid because you just don't know how long it's going to take you to get the right number of crystals. But yes, I'll absolutely be updating this during the CBT, religiously so.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585
    edited 5:04AM May 8, 2018
    Would you like me to add this guide to the Megathread @DrYoshiyahu?
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Forum Moderator
    Bamboozler wrote: »

Yeah, if you think it'll be worthwhile, go ahead. Just keep in mind that if we don't have the restart patch's skills to start, the whole thing will be overhauled.
  • DanDKDanDK

Yeah, if you think it'll be worthwhile, go ahead. Just keep in mind that if we don't have the restart patch's skills to start, the whole thing will be overhauled.

Unfortunately the Livestream didn't provide any answers regarding Skills, but assuming from their pragmatic approach (including post-Restart housing and Life Skills) I think they are more likely to keep the post-Restart skill system. Sadly. But I guess I'm too relieved to hear about EU servers to complain any more about that part. It sucks that they didn't provide a solution for OCE though.
    Forum_Lurker
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Forum Moderator

Unfortunately the Livestream didn't provide any answers regarding Skills, but assuming from their pragmatic approach (including post-Restart housing and Life Skills) I think they are more likely to keep the post-Restart skill system. Sadly. But I guess I'm too relieved to hear about EU servers to complain any more about that part. It sucks that they didn't provide a solution for OCE though.

I much prefer the new skill system, and I did see a glimpse of the skill tree, so I do believe we have that system.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585

I'll add it and credit you shortly! :)
  • DanDKDanDK
    Looks like we have the post-Restart skill system. Following your guide!~
    Forum_Lurker
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Forum Moderator
    Looks like we have the post-Restart skill system. Following your guide!~

Not only that, but the balance is almost exactly the same as current KMS2.
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 795
    I would like to know if the Precision shooter passive is worth getting. It can be a pain in the behind trying to charge Screwdriver when it seems to get cancelled by an enemy simply walking to close.

I would also like to know if putting points into the Eagle passive for the extra %dex is worth its weight either.

There seems to be quite a lot of skills/passives that seem to go to waste, whether lack of skill points, or just plain lack of use.
    Forum_Lurker
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Forum Moderator
    edited 5:11AM May 11, 2018
    Andromedy wrote: »
    I would like to know if the Precision shooter passive is worth getting. It can be a pain in the behind trying to charge Screwdriver when it seems to get cancelled by an enemy simply walking to close.

I would also like to know if putting points into the Eagle passive for the extra %dex is worth its weight either.

There seems to be quite a lot of skills/passives that seem to go to waste, whether lack of skill points, or just plain lack of use.

Yeah, Screwdriver shot is fantastic in theory, but really unreliable in practice, because of the limitations that Snipe has. Putting one or more points into Precision Shooter is probably a good way to go, if you're finding it hard to use. If you're still struggling, just forget about it and try boosting another ability. Honestly, the build options get blown wide open around the 40s, and that was true in KMS2 as well.

I'm doing more testing today regarding DPS between Screwdriver Shot and the other various options. My hypothesis right now is that Agile Archer will be the better use of skill points because the piercing should do a great deal of damage to bosses. EDIT: I say 'should' because no one's really done any serious in-depth tests about what piercing does and how effective it is. Either way, the eight skill points necessary to unlock it that you normally wouldn't use are pretty expensive, compared to stuff like Precision Shooter which is completely free.

Another option on the table is Eagle's Majesty, for the spirit recovery, but that would only be useful in dungeons where spirit isn't dropped by the bosses. Fighting a world boss, you can simply find spirit lying on the ground.

Either way, I'll be updating the build in the very near future because some of the balance is a little bit off from KMS2, and there's a couple of things, specifically in the bossing build, that I want to tweak. I also mean to add a PvP build for post-level 50. For a sneak peek: you need crowd control and armour piercing in PvP, and that means Ice Arrow and Agile Archer.
    DanDKAndromedy
  • AndromedyAndromedy

Yeah, Screwdriver shot is fantastic in theory, but really unreliable in practice, because of the limitations that Snipe has. Putting one or more points into Precision Shooter is probably a good way to go, if you're finding it hard to use. If you're still struggling, just forget about it and try boosting another ability. Honestly, the build options get blown wide open around the 40s, and that was true in KMS2 as well.

I'm doing more testing today regarding DPS between Screwdriver Shot and the other various options. My hypothesis right now is that Agile Archer will be the better use of skill points because the piercing should do a great deal of damage to bosses. EDIT: I say 'should' because no one's really done any serious in-depth tests about what piercing does and how effective it is. Either way, the eight skill points necessary to unlock it that you normally wouldn't use are pretty expensive, compared to stuff like Precision Shooter which is completely free.

Another option on the table is Eagle's Majesty, for the spirit recovery, but that would only be useful in dungeons where spirit isn't dropped by the bosses. Fighting a world boss, you can simply find spirit lying on the ground.

Either way, I'll be updating the build in the very near future because some of the balance is a little bit off from KMS2, and there's a couple of things, specifically in the bossing build, that I want to tweak. I also mean to add a PvP build for post-level 50. For a sneak peek: you need crowd control and armour piercing in PvP, and that means Ice Arrow and Agile Archer.

Very insightful thank you. I'm curious to see what that testing will bring up, as the piercing does seem like it would be useful.

Is Bronze Eagle worth leveling? After just looking at the base stats it seems to go from 4.4% dex to 7.1%. I would assume 3% isn't worth the 9 skill points, but i've seen crazier things lol.

If you don't mind i'd also like to ask about what sort of attribute point "build" we should be going for. I would assume a higher crit rate would be pretty killer for Archer's as their attack speed is unparalleled. But I've unfortunately had no luck finding anything about stats :[
    Forum_Lurker
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Forum Moderator
    edited 6:58PM May 11, 2018
    Andromedy wrote:
    I would assume 3% isn't worth the 9 skill points

So each level increases the skill by 0.3%, which rounds to about 1 DEX. But remember, that's only applied when the eagle is out. I like to put my leftover points into it, but really, I'm only upgrading it to unlock Eagle's Majesty.
    Andromedy wrote:
    If you don't mind i'd also like to ask about what sort of attribute point "build" we should be going for.

@Andromedy You can just pump all your points into Dexterity, see what your attack score is, then put them all into Critical Rate and check again. Take whichever score is higher.

Honestly, we're not entirely sure how critical rate works. We know that your actual chance can't go past 40%, but we don't know what increasing the AP stat does, since it starts at 55 and can go up to 235 without equips.

Another thing I need to test.
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    So I've redistributed my points (35 of them at the moment) and pumping them all into DEX gave me about 1456 ATT with my current equipment. (no eagle buff).

Pumping the 35 points into Crit rate raised my attack by 8 points, to 1464 ( no eagle buff). It also substantially increased my rate, even more so with Sharp Eyes on as well, which I have maxed.

That being said I would assume for Archer sake, dumping crit up to a degree would be the more beneficial route from the looks of things. It's a shame that the crit rate is so vague and not a visible percent(%).

I'm very interested to see about that Piercing buff's data as well. And if that has enough effect or not. Lot's to learn ^^;;
    Forum_Lurker
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Forum Moderator
    edited 5:44PM May 13, 2018
    That being said I would assume for Archer sake, dumping crit up to a degree would be the more beneficial route from the looks of things. It's a shame that the crit rate is so vague and not a visible percent(%).

I know for a fact that it's not one-size-fits-all, and there are cases where pumping DEX is a stronger option, which is why I'm being so vague about it.

It's also worth considering your current level of Bronze Eagle, and making it proc, and then doing a test. Alternatively, establish just how much attack you're gaining per DEX level, and do the calculations yourself.

For example, with my current stats, I get (on average) 0.64 attack per DEX point. Since my Golden Eagle is level 7, I get +6.2% DEX when it's active, which would increase my DEX from 459 to 487, increasing my attack by another 18 points, all the way up to 1520, whereas increasing just my CRIT will only get me to 1509.

With Sharp Eyes and Bronze Eagle both active, I get 1550 attack with points in DEX and 1539 attack with points in CRIT.

The only question still unresolved is whether or not your attack stat is actually reflective of your DPS or not. For example, does it consider crits? We know that increasing your CRIT stat affects your attack, but does that mean your attack stat is calculating your likelihood of critting, or does it mean your CRIT increases your damage even if you don't crit?

In the end, it seems a marginal difference, and I like big numbers, so I like critting.
  • lolzfaillolzfail
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,095
    edited 12:14AM May 14, 2018
    A summary of what I say below:

Bronze eagle: Add 1 point, do not add anymore unless you want claw/majesty
    Sharp eyes: Better than bronze eagle regardless, increases damage by 0.2% to 0.22% per point. Also a party buff, so people may get mad if you don't add it :P
    Eagle claw: level 1 is worth 43% dmg, 51% DoT per skill point. Can only be used once every 18 seconds, and optimally use right before bronze eagle dies or you lose 4.4% dex.
    Eagle's majesty: From Bronze eagle level 1, level 1 majesty is worth 42.5% dmg and 50.4% DoT every 18 seconds, and 22.5% dmg 3 sp every 60 seconds per skill point. From Eagle claw level 1, level 1 majesty is worth 14% dmg, 16% DoT every 18 seconds and 45% dmg 10 sp every 60 seconds per skill point.

I will leave it up to your judgement whether these skills are worth investing in as I have not actually played Maplestory 2 so these calculations are just theoretical numbers to help you in your decision.

Each level of bronze eagle increases your dex by 0.3%. Bronze eagle has an uptime of 15 seconds with 18 seconds cooldown. We assume you use eagle claw at the very last moment of bronze eagle, or you don't use it at all, so it stays the full 15 seconds. So each level increases your dex by 15/18 * 0.3% = 0.25% on average. However, str and equips also contribute to your damage. According to the screenshots provided by @DrYoshiyahu a level 50 has 227 base attack, and he had 412 dex, 1428 attack with equips on, so lets make some generous assumptions. We assume str has no contribution to damage(since you won't be boosting it) and you only get 1023 attack from equips(since bronze eagle does not boost it either). This means you have 1250 attack total. Then 0.25% of the attack contributed by dex, which we assume is the base attack by assuming str makes no contribution, is less than 0.57. This is 0.0456% of your total attack. Since the assumptions were really generous, the % increase is even less than that, so we will just assume bronze eagle does not give attack below as it is too negligible to affect anything.

Each level of sharp eyes increases your crit by 11. According to a damage formula I reverse engineeered, crit rate is most likely luk/1000 + crit/1250. So 11 crit is 11/1250 = 0.88% crit rate. Crit damage is 125% unless you have other sources of crit damage. So 1 level of sharp eyes increases your damage by 0.22% additively. Notice that you already have crit rate, so this % increase get smaller the higher your original crit rate is. At 40% crit rate, the contribution of 0.88% crit rate is 1.1022/1.1 = 1.002, a 0.2% increase in damage multiplicatively. Therefore, 1 level of sharp eyes increases your damage by 0.2% to 0.22% based on your original crit rate. With more crit damage, this number will be even larger. Furthermore, sharp eyes increases your crit rate which increases the reliability of bronze eagle procs, so sharp eyes > bronze eagle at all times. But do get 1 level in bronze eagle for the 4.4% dex.

Now, we need to consider the question of whether eagle claw/majesty is worth it. I am not overly familiar with the skills yet, so I will let you decide whether you feel it is worth it.

Eagle claw level 1 does 302% dmg and 360% DoT. Notice I separate them as we do not know how DoT is calculated. This equates to 302% dmg, 360% DoT and 1.8% dex for 7 skill points(6 more points in bronze eagle and 1 point in claw). That would be worth 43% dmg, 51% DoT and less than 1 attack per skill point used. Keep in mind this skill makes bronze eagle disappear and it cannot return for 18 seconds after it has been summoned. So optimal use of this skill would require you to use it at the very last moment of bronze eagle's lifespan. This requires great attention in boss fights as well as superior timing/positioning. As for whether it is easy to pull this off, I have no idea as I have not tried. However, at best this skill can only be used once every 18 seconds. I do not know about its animation and cast delay so I cannot judge how good this skill is.

As for eagle's majesty, well the damage is terrible, but it does recover sp constantly. I am not sure about archers' sp consumption so I cannot comment on how good eagle's majesty is. However, do note that this is another (2 + majesty level) skill points invested on top of the 7 needed for claw level 1. Level 1 majesty provides at most 225% damage(notice the bronze eagle will be down for at least 3 seconds during this effect due to its 18 second cooldown) and 30 sp. Each level of majesty gives 9% damage and 30 sp. Also, it has a cooldown of 60 seconds so bear that in mind. So level 1 majesty is 10 skill points for 425% dmg and 504% DoT every 18 seconds, 225% dmg and 30 sp every 60 seconds, which averages to 42.5% dmg and 50.4% DoT every 18 seconds, and 22.5% dmg 3 sp every 60 seconds per skill point. However, the marginal advantage of eagle's majesty from level 1 claw is 14% dmg, 16% DoT every 18 seconds and 45% dmg 10 sp every 60 seconds per skill point.
    DrYoshiyahuDanDKmelatoninlolForum_Lurker
  • lolzfaillolzfail
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,095
    edited 6:20AM May 18, 2018
    IMPORTANT: Since we have found out that attack score is a very bad indicator of damage, according to the newly found formula bronze eagle actually is on par with sharp eyes. Also dex > crit

According to the current actual damage formula, for passives/buffs the strengths are as follows.

Bronze eagle level 1 > agile archer level 1 > conditioning level 1 > agile archer 2+ > conditioning 2+ > sharp eyes level 1 > sharp eyes 2+ ≈ bronze eagle 2+

Level 1 bronze eagle is roughly 4% damage increase IF you proc it. Seeing as archers attack really fast, it shouldn't be a problem proc'ing it within 1 minute unless the boss is immune to crits, which is around the point where it starts losing to agile archer. Since WA is multiplied by PA when calculating actual damage, bronze eagle gives 0.3% dex. Taking 55 str 351 dex as a benchmark at level 50, this is 1.05 dex, which adds around 0.66 PA, thus it is around 0.23% damage increase if you include its cooldown. This percentage increases if your dex increases, and decreases if you add strength or your equips give physical attack. More importantly, bronze eagle unlocks eagle claw, a powerful attack, and eagle majesty which recovers your spirit in case you cannot proc snipe or something.

According to tests, defense is applied as a factor of division, that is your damage is directly divided by defense. What this means is that 1% piercing would ignore 1% of enemy defense, which increases damage by 100/99 times, which is slightly more than 1%. More importantly, piercing has INCREASING marginal returns, all the way until you hit cap piercing, and % damage increase of piercing is constant regardless of defense. Therefore, agile archer lvl 1 gives from 1% to 1.4% damage increase depending on your original piercing, thus being higher than all the other buffs. Additional levels of piercing only add 0.6%, which is at most 0.85% damage increase(calculated at near capped piercing).

Conditioning is simple, it just adds 1% attack at level 1, and 0.6% attack at later levels. The 1st point is worth more than additional points in piercing, but subsequent points have diminishing returns in terms of % increase in overall damage, as opposed to the increasing returns on piercing.

Sharp eyes gives 1.36% crit rate (before crit evasion) at level 1 and 0.88% per point added in it. It's a party buff so it helps your entire party, but it's seriously quite underwhelming atm. To make a comparison, you would need more than 50% bonus crit damage(175% total) in order for level 1 sharp eyes to compete with conditioning(for your own damage). Of course it procs your bronze eagle more, but even with minimal crit rate(say 10%) you probably proc bronze eagle within 2 seconds anyway with the speed of archer's attacks, so sharp eyes does not help much in that aspect. Level 1 sharp eyes gives slightly more than 0.3% damage increase. However, at subsequent levels of sharp eyes, the damage increase ranges from 0.2% to 0.22%, which is slightly lower than bronze eagle levels. Also, crit evasion is a thing, so this percentage is actually even lower. However, sharp eyes is a party buff, so in a party it may be stronger than bronze eagle, just remember that if you have to be in a party you will probably face significant crit evasion too. Ultimately, the choice between sharp eyes and bronze eagle is whether you want to do more damage yourself(with attack increase not affected by crit evasion, as well as claw/majesty to increase or keep up your dps) or you want your party to do more damage by buffing their crit rate(which is severely diminished by high levels of crit evasion).

As for the dex vs crit discussion,

We want to show dex > crit so we will minimise the benefits of dex and maximise that of crit and show dex > crit even then.

Assume you have 500 dex 100 str and 0 crit rate. 1 dex = 0.63/(500*0.63+100*0.175) = 0.19% increase and 3 crit(1AP) = 1*(1 + 0.25*(3/1250)) = 0.06% increase.
    Since both crit and dex both have diminishing marginal returns, by assuming really high dex and zero crit we show that dex > crit always. In order for crit to even be on par with dex in this example, we need more than 50% bonus crit damage, so unless we have ridiculous amounts of crit damage, dex or str, dex > crit.
    DrYoshiyahuDanDKForum_Lurker
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Forum Moderator
    edited 6:44AM May 18, 2018
    That's some really fantastic analyses! Thank you for all of that! This is probably a big reason why there was no consistency in skill builds in KMS2 after level 50. I thought it would be messy, but not this messy.

Sharp Eyes is a weird one, because at face value, the assumption is that your party wants the party buff, and that's the way that Archers have been designed, as a party class. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, Sharp Eyes is a really weak skill, and the effects are barely noticeable. This is true in-game, as well. There are some players that will specifically look for Archers for raids, but many players don't even care whether they have Sharp Eyes or not, and, in practice, using Sharp Eyes during a raid doesn't actually guarantee that every party member is going to take it, because it's just not that great of a priority.

That being said, if any party members pick it up, or if you just blatantly use it while standing on top of them, the overall DPS of the party will be greater than it would have been had you gone for another skill build, but like you said, if you manage to find some equips with bonus critical damage, it's going to make your choice much easier.

I do believe that Archers should be looking specifically for equips that offer increased critical damage, as far as min/maxing goes. It's obviously something that will take more testing, but for epic level 50 items, I know for a fact that +18 DEX is the highest DEX boost you can get from a bonus attribute. I don't know how high critical damage goes on epic 50 items, but I got a rare (two stars lower rarity) level 50 bow from Mushmom that had +64 critical damage as a bonus attribute, and it wasn't even maxed out, which means that it may be possible to get numbers as high as +100 critical damage on the best weapons.

Obviously, that's going to make Sharp Eyes extremely valuable for an Archer, which is why a solid damage calculator is going to be useful, because it would take four or five skill builds to really encompass all the viable options, especially when you factor in an Ice Arrow/Bow Swing PvP build. (Unless you want to prove that the two-second stun isn't worth the loss in damage, because I'm open to hearing it)

It's no secret that Eagle Claw is a really strong ability, and it does over 1000% damage at level 10. It is, however, generally considered to be more of a mobbing tool than a bossing tool, and the current outline of builds post level 50 is that bossers will aim for Agile Archer for the piercing, and mobbers will aim for Eagle Claw, for the AoE damage and crowd control. I'll go back and re-test it when I get a chance, to make sure I'm right, but if I remember correctly, it does cancel other abilities, so you can't continue to spam Rapid Shot while you use Eagle Claw. If I am wrong, it may have a place in a bossing build.

Archers often do have resource management issues, especially if they're struggling to keep Snipe active. This is much more of an issue for mobbers than it is for bossers, for two reasons: Arrow Barrage is far more spirit-intensive than Rapid Shot, and bossers generally have more space to maneuver and are fighting less mobile targets, which allows them to keep Snipe up more often. I therefore wouldn't recommend Eagle's Majesty in a bossing build. This does compliment the fact that Eagle's Claw is a mobbing tool, however, so what you're really seeing is that mobbers go down the Eagle (middle-right) path, bossers go down the buff (far-right) path, and PvPers go down the crowd control (middle-left) path, unlocking Ice Arrow, Agile Archer (also extremely useful in PvP), and Bow Swing.

Overall, though, the issue with weighing up Conditioning/Sharp Eyes/Bronze Eagle is the fact that Agile Archer requires four points in Ice Arrow, which means you're actually comparing Agile Archer 1 to Conditioning 5/Bronze Eagle 5. So here's the big question: is it worth spending five SP just to get level 1 Agile Archer? The same is true of Conditioning and Sharp Eyes. Your theoretical perfect build falls short when you realise that you need Conditioning 6 to get Sharp Eyes 1. Like I said, it's a mess.