Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

[GUIDE] Assassin Class

BamboozlerBamboozler
MapleStory 2 Rep: 19,815
edited 1:17AM May 15, 2018 in Assassin
Click here to visit the Class Guide Megathread!
KjLWjfN.png

Note: This guide is currently under construction. Updates coming shortly!

The Assassin is a high damage dealing, long-ranged class which utilises the LUCK stat. The Assassin is able to learn skills which can reduce enemy accuracy, which compliments the kiting-based playstyle of this class. They are known for being able to conceal themselves and turn invisible, as well as dash frequently!

Nexon Class Difficulty
iTe9an3.png

Pros and Cons
Pros
- Flashy moves.
- Very fun to play.
- Good range allows them to level quickly.
- Using 2 weapons allows great damage potential.
- Uses very little HP potions in training.

Cons
- Low Health.
- Requires a lot of running around to avoid damage.
- Requires a lot of running around to kite enemies into a line for mobbing.
- Damage not as high as other classes.
Pros and Cons by AyumiLove

Stat Overview
Role: Ranged DPS
Weapon: Throwing Stars
Attribute: Dark
Primary Stats: LUCK

20TiRm2.png

Skills
iIvv9st.png
Level 1-10

3K3DSOd.pngeemcHDJ.png4yyXoCO.png99UuIvO.png

Level 10-20

TFdZp04.png3iIHL7c.pngwoss5rz.png2oNisxC.png

Level 20-30

wOBhLQD.pngtoV4a92.pngbCHQJfx.png

Level 30-40

zqyFqoV.png6m2dwDO.pngtMC4ePv.png

Level 40+

VqoiLf2.pnglh9vOWX.pngwoFUDgn.png

2016 KMS2 Skills: https://youtube.com/watch?v=LdC1zTemXV4

Strategies
First: King Assassin
nsnS6I7.png
Created by @LeekTheV3getable

YouTube Showcase
Assassin lvl 1-30

Assassin lvl 43 Vs Roro Mumus

MordaklorGhastinoirBaxterologyBonfireminMasisora195ShadownatoSenouRocketWaltzFlowlezzand 8 others.
  1. Did you find this information helpful?81 votes
    1. Yes
       72% (58 votes)
    2. No
       28% (23 votes)

Comments

• BaxterologyBaxterology
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,480
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    Pros and Cons
    Pros
    - Flashy moves.
    - Very fun to play.
    - Good range allows them to level quickly.
    - Using 2 weapons allows great damage potential.
    - Uses very little HP potions in training.

Cons
    - Low Health.
    - Requires a lot of running around to avoid damage.
    - Requires a lot of running around to kite enemies into a line for mobbing.
    - Damage not as high as other classes.

I think low health isn't good but he's fast!
    BamboozlerErgexgoHarrms
  • TigersMuscleTigersMuscle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 760
    Are secondary stats a factor like Dex? or will all our equipment have luck requirements straight out?
  • TearReaperTearReaper
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    Is there anywhere we can see what each stat does?
  • PunishPunish
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    Are secondary stats a factor like Dex? or will all our equipment have luck requirements straight out?

You don't have to worry about secondary stats. I played CMS2 up to 35 and only increased critical attack as well as luk and never had an issue. I don't think equips require stat because you don't actually gain "stat points" like you did in MS. How it works is every level up you get 1 SP and there's challenges to do in maps that will give you SP/AP for free. You can also get these from doing story related quests as well. There may be many other ways to get AP but for a Sin I would imagine it's balancing Luk and Crit
    BamboozlerTigersMuscleThereal47Ronin
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 9:33PM April 30, 2018
    TearReaper wrote: »
    Is there anywhere we can see what each stat does?

When I get home I'll post this info in the megathread. :)
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Stat Definitions
    Strength (STR) - Determines the MELEE DAMAGE of the player.
    Range (RANGE) - Determines the ATTACK RANGE of the player.
    Defence (DEF) - Determines the DAMAGE REDUCTION of the player.
    Luck (LUCK) - Determines the CHANCE OF INCREASED DAMAGE of the player.
    Intellect (INT) - Determines the MAGIC DAMAGE of the player.
    Dexterity (DEX) - Determines the RANGE DAMAGE of the player.

@TearReaper I've updated the Megathread with the information you were asking about previously. You can find the information here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24023/class-guide-megathread
    TearReaperRocketWaltzMoskou
  • MordaklorMordaklor
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,415
    Stat Definitions
    Strength (STR) - Determines the MELEE DAMAGE of the player.
    Range (RANGE) - Determines the ATTACK RANGE of the player.
    Defence (DEF) - Determines the DAMAGE REDUCTION of the player.
    Luck (LUCK) - Determines the CHANCE OF INCREASED DAMAGE of the player.
    Intellect (INT) - Determines the MAGIC DAMAGE of the player.
    Dexterity (DEX) - Determines the RANGE DAMAGE of the player.

@TearReaper I've updated the Megathread with the information you were asking about previously. You can find the information here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24023/class-guide-megathread

I was going to ask the same question yesterday but I forgot so thanks for the answer!
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    The first version of the Assassin guide is now complete. The strategies section will be added as GMS2 strategies develop. Additionally, all information will be translated to better reflect GMS2 as information becomes available.
  • lolynotlolynot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Which skills should we level up first?
  • OkamiBWOkamiBW
    lolynot wrote: »
    Which skills should we level up first?

So far, I've been going with pumping points into Lucky Stars and Fragmented Stars. It almost feels like you can get by with literally just Lucky Stars, Fragmented Star, Dark Cloak, Fatal Strikes, and your Dash. Nothing else has seemed to trump these yet, but still experimenting.

I've got a spread (at lvl 30) looking something like:
    Lucky Stars (lvl 10), Fragmented Star (lvl 7), Dark Cloak (lvl 1), Fatal Strikes (lvl 4), Mark of Death (lvl 1)
    +whatever is necessary to enable these abilities
    Cheyenne
  • DiodeDeodiDiodeDeodi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    Ok as a lv50 Assassin with 2.1k GS and doing top dps in the raid since 1.8 I have my input here. Crit damage, crit damage, and crit damage, no way is there ever enough. If you put all your stat points into crit rate you gain damage on top of crit rate. Crit damage is a seemingly rare stat found on epic gear from the raid and some blue gear as well. Not sure how high it goes but if you get 170 crit damage on a piece you should use it. That being said, as for a skill build and strategy I would like to add my input as well. What I did was get every skill on the left the bare minimum for lvl 5 weapon mastery. The only skill I maxed was lucky seven which does extreme amounts of dps mixed with the other skills I obtained, which are all of the buffs maxed on the right minus shadow web and the one that requires shadow cutter, basically you go down Tree 1 Tree 3 and get fatal strike max from tree 4. The best strat is to make a macro for the multi shuriken skills in tree 1 which includes lucky stars star chaser and star flurry alongside all of your active buffs and offensive buffs such as death sentence. With this whenever you glow red you know you have 100% crit rate with the crit damage on your gear you should do atleast 150% crit damage. this build maximized single target to 3 target dps and it melts them so fast. On top of this you have fragmented star which brutally punishes a group of enemies by itself. Fragmented stars should not be in your macro. I have personally took the time to experiment with multiple builds and stats and this has been the most overpowered so far. Another build I liked a lot but didn't perform as well single target and made aoe very inconvenient is the shadow cutter build. basically with that build you want to get all of tree 2, 3, and 4 bare minimums and max your buffs on top of shadow cutter if possible. macro all attacks in the shadow cutter tree only with fatal strikes and death sentence. basically you will decide when to shadow web and when to use shadow clone: dark slash. These moves are your utility on top of extra damage. in your opener here unlike the simple physical damage build, this dark build seeks to maximize your dps through long cds and burst damage after putting shadow clone on the floor under the enemy or where they will walk in the next 2-3 seconds you start your macro it should auto cast fatalstrikes>deathsentence>shadowburst>soulgrind>shadowcutter in that order as they come off cooldown, alternatively you can use shadowcutter as a skill button alone during periods where you want to line up fatalstrikes/deathsentence together for maximum dps burst. from my experience I can destroy a group of pretty beefy adds within 5 seconds or less after mobbing around 8-15+ with my current gear I have not tested it, but I used dark damage gear alongside crit damage/rate with pure crit rate stat and luk stat as well as a mixed variety. seemed like mobs died faster with higher crit rate than with just luk stat alone, so in my opinion I would go 1:2 ratio with luk:critrate until you have 40% then go pure luk. I didn't explain the first build I mentioned because it is insanely straight forward you move a bunch a mobs together doesn't matter if they are in a line or not but when you use your macro aim in the general direction and watch the melt. this build literally is like spamming quad throw while hitting multiple mobs from maplestory1, seeing as it is like that ST(Single target) is extremely good. good luck hope this helps anyone wondering about builds and such. Just remember Buffs are everything skills are secondary. Stats>Gearscore and you should be good to go. Also I am Skyx ingame if you interested
    AnnDesuCabledYomiguLeekTheV3getableBeserkerCADINHOBarrowsiMadelineCheyenneKaNoYoand 3 others.
  • CabledCabled
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 635
    DiodeDeodi wrote: »
    Ok as a lv50 Assassin with 2.1k GS and doing top dps in the raid since 1.8 I have my input here. Crit damage, crit damage, and crit damage, no way is there ever enough. If you put all your stat points into crit rate you gain damage on top of crit rate. Crit damage is a seemingly rare stat found on epic gear from the raid and some blue gear as well. Not sure how high it goes but if you get 170 crit damage on a piece you should use it. That being said, as for a skill build and strategy I would like to add my input as well. What I did was get every skill on the left the bare minimum for lvl 5 weapon mastery. The only skill I maxed was lucky seven which does extreme amounts of dps mixed with the other skills I obtained, which are all of the buffs maxed on the right minus shadow web and the one that requires shadow cutter, basically you go down Tree 1 Tree 3 and get fatal strike max from tree 4. The best strat is to make a macro for the multi shuriken skills in tree 1 which includes lucky stars star chaser and star flurry alongside all of your active buffs and offensive buffs such as death sentence. With this whenever you glow red you know you have 100% crit rate with the crit damage on your gear you should do atleast 150% crit damage. this build maximized single target to 3 target dps and it melts them so fast. On top of this you have fragmented star which brutally punishes a group of enemies by itself. Fragmented stars should not be in your macro. I have personally took the time to experiment with multiple builds and stats and this has been the most overpowered so far. Another build I liked a lot but didn't perform as well single target and made aoe very inconvenient is the shadow cutter build. basically with that build you want to get all of tree 2, 3, and 4 bare minimums and max your buffs on top of shadow cutter if possible. macro all attacks in the shadow cutter tree only with fatal strikes and death sentence. basically you will decide when to shadow web and when to use shadow clone: dark slash. These moves are your utility on top of extra damage. in your opener here unlike the simple physical damage build, this dark build seeks to maximize your dps through long cds and burst damage after putting shadow clone on the floor under the enemy or where they will walk in the next 2-3 seconds you start your macro it should auto cast fatalstrikes>deathsentence>shadowburst>soulgrind>shadowcutter in that order as they come off cooldown, alternatively you can use shadowcutter as a skill button alone during periods where you want to line up fatalstrikes/deathsentence together for maximum dps burst. from my experience I can destroy a group of pretty beefy adds within 5 seconds or less after mobbing around 8-15+ with my current gear I have not tested it, but I used dark damage gear alongside crit damage/rate with pure crit rate stat and luk stat as well as a mixed variety. seemed like mobs died faster with higher crit rate than with just luk stat alone, so in my opinion I would go 1:2 ratio with luk:critrate until you have 40% then go pure luk. I didn't explain the first build I mentioned because it is insanely straight forward you move a bunch a mobs together doesn't matter if they are in a line or not but when you use your macro aim in the general direction and watch the melt. this build literally is like spamming quad throw while hitting multiple mobs from maplestory1, seeing as it is like that ST(Single target) is extremely good. good luck hope this helps anyone wondering about builds and such. Just remember Buffs are everything skills are secondary. Stats>Gearscore and you should be good to go. Also I am Skyx ingame if you interested

Is there anyway you can include a screenshot of all of your skill tree, AP stats and macros? Please and thank you!
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    The skills section has been updated to reflect GMS2. :)
  • LeekTheV3getableLeekTheV3getable
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,650
    @DiodeDeodi I can atttest that after trying out your build, hot dog is it pretty nasty! How long did it take you to figure out this formula of skills? I never thought about macro'ing skills for assassin lol, and its pretty simple and strong at that. Also, would you say that the 2% of dmg from shadow arts is viable vs the 1% dmg from thrown weapon mastery?
  • BeserkerBeserker
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    xD and here I am being a noob pressing each skill individually instead of macroing it. As far as what I did with my sin (current level 42 and first time ever experiencing this game, no kms2/cms2), I put all stats into luck, most of my skills in Tree 1 or column 1, 1 point into dark cloak and currently 6 points in fatal for critical damage
  • OkamiBWOkamiBW
    @LeekTheV3getable - Not bothering to screenshot it right now cause I'm about to go to bed, but this might be the next best thing:

From another thread:
    OkamiBW wrote: »
    Going to just summarize my thoughts:
    (I've also highlighted the important parts)

My main goal in fights:
    -Hold V (my macro for my T1 skills minus FStar)
    -When dudes attack, I dodge with Dash or Shadow Web (lvl 1)
    -If I know boss spells are on cooldown, I use Fatal Strikes to maximize crit damage
    -Death Sentence I use whenever it's up, but its cooldown is massive

Current Build
    Maxed: T1 Lucky Stars, T4 Fatal Strikes
    5 or above: FStar (5), Thrown Weapon Mastery (6), Mark of Death (8), Death Sentence (5)
    Bare Necessities: Star Chaser (3), Star Flurry (4), Dark Cloak (2)
    Niche Use Case: Shadow Web (1)

Items
    They're honestly pretty sad for the most part, in my opinion, but the highlights is:
    Cruelty Throwing Star (876 - 1334) {Epic}
    I've got a gear score of 1908, 1110 of which is purely just that single weapon. Will report back in once I've got more money to buy some more epic gear off the black market.

Other Notes
    -Shadow Web is nice for evasion since it doesn't use Spirit Energy
    -When using T1 Macro minus FStar, you actually slowly increase in Spirit Energy (FStar is expensive)
    -You could probably get by without Death Sentence if you're purely PvE
    -Star Flurry and Star Chaser don't have enough gain from maxing them to warrant the skill points
    -Also worth noting for reference/targets -> 380 Luck, 2586 HP, 208 Crit
    BagoCADINHOCheyenne
  • BagoBago
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    Pro:
    Using 2 weapons allows great damage potential.

Con:
    Damage not as high as other classes.

This is a little confusing does it mean your damage is bad only if using two handed weapons?
  • DiodeDeodiDiodeDeodi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    DiodeDeodi wrote: »
    @DiodeDeodi I can atttest that after trying out your build, hot dog is it pretty nasty! How long did it take you to figure out this formula of skills? I never thought about macro'ing skills for assassin lol, and its pretty simple and strong at that. Also, would you say that the 2% of dmg from shadow arts is viable vs the 1% dmg from thrown weapon mastery?

Weapon mastery increases your total attack by a percent, dark % only increases those skills by a small margin. Basically the higher your attack the better weapon mastery scales therefore the basic attack or quad throw build is best when you have two good weapons vs the dark build with only one +12 weapon and the other doesnt matter
  • LeekTheV3getableLeekTheV3getable
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,650
    edited 9:58PM May 14, 2018
    unknown.png

Just me testing out the build, and yup it's pretty nice. @OkamiBW the build itself has kept me going in-game for the longest, and the only times I die are usually my own fault. Other than that though, I can def see the crit potential going ham on bosses, not to mention regenerating a massive amount of sp just by using dark cloak for like 3 seconds. One of the bigger disadvantages of the build though is that there aren't any flashy skills, but I'm not complaining, I can live without the flashy skills LOL. Also....MACROING IS KING FOR ASSASSIN!!!
    CabledCADINHOY4ngCheyenne
  • OkamiBWOkamiBW
    Yeah, I like the look of that build a lot.

I'd still consider dropping one point off Dark Cloak and dropping it into Shadow Web, as I've found a non-stamina-based dodge pretty useful for regenerating dodge charges while still dodging.

Haven't had much time due to work + Monday SSBM tourney, but will do final bits of testing hopefully tonight while also seeing if I can finish off my Priest (currently lvl 40).

It's actually almost ridiculous how the potentially most consistent build is just holding a single macro button to cast 3 spells while positioning.