[GUIDE] Heavy Gunner Class

Comments

• MordaklorMordaklor
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,410
    I can't wait to own this class on my second character she looks cool. :)
    BamboozlerCjulack
  • turtleticklaturtletickla
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    edited 9:12PM May 3, 2018
    I don't know about other people, but I love playing underdog, underrated classes! Something about being at a disadvantage and still pulling up to the top is something to be proud of. Plus, underplayed classes usually have cheaper gear in my experience so that is absolutely a plus .

Either way, I'll try out Heavy Gunner in CBT to see if their play style is fun. At the end of the day, playing a class should be about having fun; what's the point of playing a class if you're not having fun? Who am I kidding though.. I love to PEWPEWPEW!
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,450
    The first version of the Heavy Gunner guide is now complete. The strategies section will be added as GMS2 strategies develop. Additionally, all information will be translated to better reflect GMS2 as information becomes available.
  • GrandsereinGrandserein
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    edited 7:05AM May 6, 2018
    Hi guys,

I was curious about the laser skill (i think this traduction is pretty hard to understand. I thought pressing continously would shoot continously) so i decided to try it by myself on the chinese serv.

So i'll try to explain the spell here, maybe i will help somebody. It can be used on 3 different ways:

-the first one is with and instant click, it will deal 432 (+31/level) % to 3 enemies with a 1.5m knockback,
    -or you can load for 0.5 second to deal 432+432% to 3 ennemies with a 3m knockback,
    -or you can load for 1 second to deal 432+432+432% to 8 ennemies with a 5m knockback.

However, i got banned before having time to level up 48 so i have no idea how the charge kit works. Maybe someone has some values to give me?

Otherwise, if i had to give a small feedback on my 30 first level playing alone, for people who are not decided; i should say that i think the damages are pretty decent. The job is very effective to clean 8 monsters groups (even if it was a bit hard with the lags ahah).
    the magntic bomb is very interesting to buy enough time to load a ray, which instant kill the mob pack.

I had absolutely no difficulty to deal with all the 30- dungeons: the previous spells, the auto attack and the satellite are providing a fair dps against boss.
    Zhuko
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,975
    edited 9:13AM May 6, 2018
    However, i got banned before having time to level up 48 so i have no idea how the charge kit works. Maybe someone has some values to give me?

Currently I haven't found any information on how much damage it's decreased by, but I can log on again and check the amount of sp is used but I think it might be 3 shots if you have full sp. I also think (but again I'll have to check) that each shot goes by the first charge laser (meaning 3 enemies with 1.5m knock back).

Regardless this is the information I have on it so far:

Blast Charge Kit
    Passive
    Damage Buff
    Required Level: 46
    Required: Electric Blast [Level 4+]

Description:

Equip your cannon with a blast charge kit to optimise electric blast’s output power and efficiency. Electric Blast can be cast repeatedly without cooldown in between, at the cost of lower damage and SP usage . BCK increases the rapid-firing Electric Blast damage by *1.5*

Current Modifiers:

Damage buff: +1.5% Per Level

BamboozlerGrandserein
  • AxivyAxivy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    What are the best builds rn? How should we distribute AP?
  • Kairi_KortanKairi_Kortan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,130
    I do Believe the guide needs a slight update, I see the skills are slightly different in the CBT from the ones shown in here Damage wise and in other aspects.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    I do Believe the guide needs a slight update, I see the skills are slightly different in the CBT from the ones shown in here Damage wise and in other aspects.

Yep, those skills were pulled from CMS2 prior to the beta being available. They will be updated before the CBT ends. :)
  • BagoBago
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 795
    I'm having an issue with the gunner class:

I rarely ever use Bullet Spray as Gatling Fire does more damage. I would of thought a single target in concentrated fire would cause more damage then spraying bullets in a wide area. Though Gatling Fire uses SP and with the reload time to regain SP it still seems to allow a bigger dps than using Bullet Spray. I thought this might get corrected when reaching lvl 31 with Advanced Bullets but I saw it boosts both of those skills. Possibly making Bullet spray also use SP and boosting its damage above Gatling Fire, I may actually use the skill.
  • Kairi_KortanKairi_Kortan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,130
    edited 7:49PM May 10, 2018
    Bago wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with the gunner class:

I rarely ever use Bullet Spray as Gatling Fire does more damage. I would of thought a single target in concentrated fire would cause more damage then spraying bullets in a wide area. Though Gatling Fire uses SP and with the reload time to regain SP it still seems to allow a bigger dps than using Bullet Spray. I thought this might get corrected when reaching lvl 31 with Advanced Bullets but I saw it boosts both of those skills. Possibly making Bullet spray also use SP and boosting its damage above Gatling Fire, I may actually use the skill.

To be honest, I use Bullet spray on Bosses/Single enemies. Gatling fire i mostly use for Mob farming and just General AOE And it does seem that the Bullet spray does a considerate amount of damage on bosses and single enemies, more so than Gatling fire.
  • BagoBago
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 795
    To be honest, I use Bullet spray on Bosses/Single enemies. Gatling fire i mostly use for Mob farming and just General AOE And it does seem that the Bullet spray does a considerate amount of damage on bosses and single enemies, more so than Gatling fire.

Yeah I checked the maths behind the skills you are right, though it may look like Gatling Fire is doing more damage from the numbers that pop up it is in fact doing less then Bullet Spray. It has to do with Bullet spray hitting 4 times at 66% (264%) damage where Gatling Fire is hitting 3 times at 80% (240%) damage.

• CintaBRCintaBR
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 470

At the moment I play Heavy Gunner, I started playing on 09/05/2018, and I'm a casual player, average game 3 hours a day, and it's my first contact with Maple Story 2, I'm currently at level 29, and I have not encountered many difficulties with the class for leveling, but I find the dashs very slow cooldown, but at the moment I'm finding the class fun.
  • babysimbababysimba
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    Not in beta, but played HG until lvl 40+ in CMS.

Choose one of bullet spray or gatling fire to max out. It is your base attacking skill when all other skills are on cooldown. Bullet spray for better single target damage against boss or gatling fire for general usage (aoe but slightly worse damage).

Blast charge kit is useless. It might be a skill meant for PVP, I don't know. Using continuous electric blast as your base attacking skill does not have more damage compared to using bullet spray + default electric blast. Max out electric blast as it is HG's best damage skill.

General guideline is adding points to active skills before mastery when leveling. Damage increase by mastery this early on is negligible compared to improving current active skills or activating new active skills.

• BamboozlerBamboozler
    The skills section has been updated to reflect GMS2. :)
  • YodamooYodamoo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Is it normal to be able to use abilities when they are on cooldown? Is there something I should know about it, if so? I am using Rocket Launcher and it lets me fire it over and over for free but doesn't do the knockback. Is this a bug or something?
  • KeenoKeeno
    Yodamoo wrote: »
    Is it normal to be able to use abilities when they are on cooldown? Is there something I should know about it, if so? I am using Rocket Launcher and it lets me fire it over and over for free but doesn't do the knockback. Is this a bug or something?

Are you referring to the auto attack? It shoots rockets with tiny aoe with no knock back.

• YodamooYodamoo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Keeno wrote: »

Are you referring to the auto attack? It shoots rockets with tiny aoe with no knock back.

Oh maybe...Is there any way to make it not do that? If I want to Auto attack I'd rather use the button for it instead of having it happen when I hit an ability that's on Cooldown...
  • KeenoKeeno
    Keeno wrote: »

Oh maybe...Is there any way to make it not do that? If I want to Auto attack I'd rather use the button for it instead of having it happen when I hit an ability that's on Cooldown...

I haven't seen any settings that changes it but it doesn't really affect you that much the more you get used to it/your cooldowns.
  • RaznRazn
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 425
    This is pure speculation but I always figured that was in place to curb the use of third party macros. Having your skills soft CD with a trash auto-attack breaks a lot of macros that take advantage of hard CD skills where you can just 1 button skill priority macro.

But they have their own in-game macro system so that kinda argues against that theory.