Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[GUIDE] Heavy Gunner Class

BamboozlerBamboozler
Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585
Posts: 1,428
Member
edited 3:13AM May 13, 2018 in Heavy Gunner
Click here to visit the Class Guide Megathread!
FnY56IJ.png

Note: This guide is currently under construction. Updates coming shortly!


The Heavy Gunner is known for dealing AOE damage with their long-ranged weapons. The Heavy Gunner has the longest attacking range when it comes to using an SP replenish skill! This class is known for 'Reload', which enables the player to instantly refill their SP to full!

Nexon Class Difficulty
iTe9an3.png

Pros and Cons
Pros
- Has the longest attacking range for basic SP Replenshing Skill.
- Most SP Skills are based on AoE (Deals Area of Effect Damage).
- Great mobility. Rocket Launcher allows you to quickly move to a specific location.
- Has skills to perform high total damage in Boss Raids when utilizing skill rotations correctly.
- Fastest mob clearing skills/stats.
- Not too flashy but fun to play and look at.

Cons
- Grenade skill has very short attacking range, unsuitable for bossing/training activities.
- Low Health.
- Many SP Skills have a cooldown timer and have long skill animations before damaging enemies.
Pros and Cons by AyumiLove


Stat Overview
Role: Ranged DPS
Weapon: Cannons
Attribute: Fire & Electric
Primary Stats: STR + DEX

ZSjaDKs.png

Skills
DR7QFvD.png
Level 1-10

8bOPhmn.pngm7so8Jo.pngkHLnCjF.pngkTjc50A.png


Level 10-20

PYmVPSF.pngVowVkqH.pngPOXgEV1.pngXbxz2DI.png


Level 20-30

EedNeSx.pngg7LFspB.pngquozvBC.png


Level 30-40

HqgIiTv.pngTc2Ihmy.png83eOsnt.png


Level 40+

ZfkQYBB.pngrKa5scy.png15p8TYf.png


2018 CMS2 Skills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oFcAVkIY0k

Strategies
giphy.gif

Will update this section as the GMS2 Beta progresses and as strategies develop.

YouTube Showcase
Heavy Gunner lvl 1-30


Heavy Gunner lvl 48 Vs Trial of Valor SOLO


Forum_UserMordaklorIlikesausagesGhastinoirBiohazardousBaxterologyBonfireminAruraunefragmentaledwhutand 4 others.
  1. Did you find this information helpful?71 votes
    1. Yes
       70% (50 votes)
    2. No
       30% (21 votes)

Comments

  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,990
    Posts: 143
    Member
    We really should stop showing the 2016 skills lol...I think I might start making heavy Gunner vids.
    TeleclastIlikesausagesMisterrSmexyMachampedwhutCurrybun
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585
    Posts: 1,428
    Member
    edited 1:17AM April 27, 2018
    Keeno wrote: »
    We really should stop showing the 2016 skills lol...I think I might start making heavy Gunner vids.

    If you're able to create similar videos for each class with the same (or better) production quality, I'll be more than happy to use those instead :)
    edwhut
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,990
    Posts: 143
    Member
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    Keeno wrote: »
    We really should stop showing the 2016 skills lol...I think I might start making heavy Gunner vids.

    If you're able to create similar videos for each class with the same (or better) production quality, I'll be more than happy to use those instead :)

    I would rather be watching potato production videos that have the current skill tree in place than be watching these videos lol. These are great videos for the time that they were made but some of the skills you're seeing on this skill tree aren't even there anymore.
    ArurauneTeleclastIlikesausagesCurrybun
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585
    Posts: 1,428
    Member
    Keeno wrote: »
    I would rather be watching potato production videos that have the current skill tree in place than be watching these videos lol. These are great videos for the time that they were made but some of the skills you're seeing on this skill tree aren't even there anymore.

    If you're serious about making the videos, DM me when you upload them and I'll update the threads :)
    edwhut
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,990
    Posts: 143
    Member
    edited 2:08AM April 27, 2018
    Aight I'll start making it tonight after I finish watching avengers, should be done over the weekend.

    edit: Just note that I'm only doing videos for the hg class. I'm not interested in producing content for classes I'm not playing. Just so we are on the same page.
    BamboozlerForum_UserZoccq
  • TeleclastTeleclast
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 700
    Posts: 13
    Member
    Honestly please don't bother making the threads if they literally explain almost nothing, and the videos are super outdated. When someone makes their own videos they should just make their own thread.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585
    Posts: 1,428
    Member
    Teleclast wrote: »
    Honestly please don't bother making the threads if they literally explain almost nothing, and the videos are super outdated. When someone makes their own videos they should just make their own thread.

    As we speak I'm giving all these threads major renovations! :)

    Come check out the Megathread, refresh it every 5 minutes and you'll see the work I'm putting in. :)
    ArurauneIlikesausages
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585
    Posts: 1,428
    Member
    I've updated this to thread have the 2018 CMS2 skill video as made by @Keeno instead of the old 2016 KMS2 version :)
    Ilikesausages
  • TimeGoddessTimeGoddess
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 820
    Posts: 14
    Member
    Despite all of this helpful information and general urge to play the game, it's disappointing to see that Heavy Gunner is the bottom of the barrel in terms of DPS, which leaves it the bottom of everything! Bland Wizard is the top dog of the damage, so I hear. I had such high hopes for this, but being excluded from content due to tiers is going to be a thing, again. (Hello, Anton Raid!)
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585
    Posts: 1,428
    Member
    Despite all of this helpful information and general urge to play the game, it's disappointing to see that Heavy Gunner is the bottom of the barrel in terms of DPS, which leaves it the bottom of everything! Bland Wizard is the top dog of the damage, so I hear. I had such high hopes for this, but being excluded from content due to tiers is going to be a thing, again. (Hello, Anton Raid!)

    There's still a lot the Heavy Gunner can do. It's the best class for clearing mobs making it decent for solo play as well as having enough mobility to counter its weakness of having low health. The Heavy Gunner is under classed perhaps, but more so underrated IMO.
  • BaxterologyBaxterology
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    Posts: 44
    Member
    should I be heavy gunner?
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585
    Posts: 1,428
    Member
    should I be heavy gunner?

    Have a look at all of my class guides/threads before making a choice. Each class has their own weaknesses and strengths. :)
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,990
    Posts: 143
    Member
    Just to help out

    "- Has the longest attacking range for basic SP Replenshing Skill." - The only SP regen ohter than orbs that fall from monsters for hg now is Reload which give you 50 SP every 0.25 seconds but you can't cancel the skill/animation till you're either full SP or you use the jet boots skill (a mobility skill that allows you to dash).

    "- Great mobility. Rocket Launcher allows you to quickly move to a specific location." - There isn't any rocket jump anymore and we have one mobility skill that is call jet boots (kinda wish they kept the rocket jump tbh =/)

    "- Grenade skill has very short attacking range, unsuitable for bossing/training activities." - The only skill grenade wise is stun grenade and I've been told that it's pretty useful in some raids. It also has a pretty decent cool down.

    "Weapon: Cannons & Guns" - I've only seen cannons
    "Primary Stats: STR + DEX" - Primary stat is DEX with secondary stat being LUCK
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585
    Posts: 1,428
    Member
    edited 11:41PM April 28, 2018
    Keeno wrote: »
    Just to help out

    "- Has the longest attacking range for basic SP Replenshing Skill." - The only SP regen ohter than orbs that fall from monsters for hg now is Reload which give you 50 SP every 0.25 seconds but you can't cancel the skill/animation till you're either full SP or you use the jet boots skill (a mobility skill that allows you to dash).

    "- Great mobility. Rocket Launcher allows you to quickly move to a specific location." - There isn't any rocket jump anymore and we have one mobility skill that is call jet boots (kinda wish they kept the rocket jump tbh =/)

    "- Grenade skill has very short attacking range, unsuitable for bossing/training activities." - The only skill grenade wise is stun grenade and I've been told that it's pretty useful in some raids. It also has a pretty decent cool down.

    "Weapon: Cannons & Guns" - I've only seen cannons
    "Primary Stats: STR + DEX" - Primary stat is DEX with secondary stat being LUCK

    Thanks for the feedback. :)

    I've updated the weapon section to only say cannons. I was meaning to fix that and got sidetracked with a million other things and forgot. :D

    As for the primary stats - I've listed exactly what the official Korean Nexon website has stated.

    With the Pros and Cons they were heavily based on AyumiLove's list. I only changed punctuation and grammar since some of it wasn't translated properly. I won't change those for now because from what I can tell AyumiLove is a highly respected community member, quite famous for her guides and explanations.
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,990
    Posts: 143
    Member
    edited 12:16AM April 29, 2018
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    "AyumiLove is a highly respected community member, quite famous for her guides and explanations."

    What? o.O Just because she a respected member doesn't stop the content being outdated lol unless she's specifically stated that she knows we are getting 2016 MS2 for gms closed and launch

    Also regarding main stats

    This is me playing KMS2 ( just downloaded it today) - dex main / luck sub http://prntscr.com/jbibje.

    Anyway you do you I guess I'ma just wait for gms now lol.



  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,585
    Posts: 1,428
    Member
    Right now I'm using the information available to me at the time as well as my own experiences and hours spent into watching content. Once GMS2 is available a LOT of the information will change to better reflect our game. :)
    Keeno
  • ZoccqZoccq
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,100
    Posts: 142
    Member
    Keeno wrote: »
    Aight I'll start making it tonight after I finish watching avengers, should be done over the weekend.

    edit: Just note that I'm only doing videos for the hg class. I'm not interested in producing content for classes I'm not playing. Just so we are on the same page.

    I kinda hope you write up a guide yourself since you've been playing HG after the most recent updates. I played HG in KMS2 about up until Restart but then got too busy to continue playing.
  • IzamaIzama
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 950
    Posts: 10
    Member
    Keeno wrote: »
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    "AyumiLove is a highly respected community member, quite famous for her guides and explanations."

    What? o.O Just because she a respected member doesn't stop the content being outdated lol unless she's specifically stated that she knows we are getting 2016 MS2 for gms closed and launch

    Also regarding main stats

    This is me playing KMS2 ( just downloaded it today) - dex main / luck sub http://prntscr.com/jbibje.

    Anyway you do you I guess I'ma just wait for gms now lol.



    Did you enjoy the class during the time you've played it? I'm kinda torn right now between trying out HG or just making a Knight. I mained Sair since release, so most people think I'll naturally play that, but I actually play a lot of things lol. How does their damage look in more recent patches, and how do they feel overall?
  • BrazerkBrazerk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 585
    Posts: 7
    Member
    Despite all of this helpful information and general urge to play the game, it's disappointing to see that Heavy Gunner is the bottom of the barrel in terms of DPS, which leaves it the bottom of everything! Bland Wizard is the top dog of the damage, so I hear. I had such high hopes for this, but being excluded from content due to tiers is going to be a thing, again. (Hello, Anton Raid!)

    Ah someone else who knows the pain of Anton raid exclusion.
    Bamboozler
  • KeenoKeeno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,990
    Posts: 143
    Member
    Izama wrote: »
    Keeno wrote: »
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    "AyumiLove is a highly respected community member, quite famous for her guides and explanations."

    What? o.O Just because she a respected member doesn't stop the content being outdated lol unless she's specifically stated that she knows we are getting 2016 MS2 for gms closed and launch

    Also regarding main stats

    This is me playing KMS2 ( just downloaded it today) - dex main / luck sub http://prntscr.com/jbibje.

    Anyway you do you I guess I'ma just wait for gms now lol.



    Did you enjoy the class during the time you've played it? I'm kinda torn right now between trying out HG or just making a Knight. I mained Sair since release, so most people think I'll naturally play that, but I actually play a lot of things lol. How does their damage look in more recent patches, and how do they feel overall?

    The class is fun to play in my opinion (a lot of unique skills) but it's definitely a challenging one. You have very few mobility skills, so you have to get used to positioning and timing you skills. A few of the skills have lengthy animation windows so there are times were you get caught because of it (i'll be able to make more of a overview when I'm not stuck at 300 ping haha).

    Damage numbers I won't get into because I've had no desire to raid/get to that sort of end game because of ping. I will say however there is a lot of potential to burst dps but with the longish animations in some of the skills, bosses with a lot of movement could be a problem.

    The main thing is both your options is knight will be highly demanded class (I haven't played one myself but I've seen how they play in raids), heavy gunner is just a solid dps class can even out damage Archer in some cases but obviously when it comes to ranged classes for now Archer and mage will be most wanted because of party buffs but assassin will always be most played.
    Zoccq wrote: »
    Keeno wrote: »
    Aight I'll start making it tonight after I finish watching avengers, should be done over the weekend.

    edit: Just note that I'm only doing videos for the hg class. I'm not interested in producing content for classes I'm not playing. Just so we are on the same page.

    I kinda hope you write up a guide yourself since you've been playing HG after the most recent updates. I played HG in KMS2 about up until Restart but then got too busy to continue playing.

    I haven't played it long enough to justify making a guide but now I know I've been accepted in closed beta I'll definitely plan on doing one. I don't really wanna give out bad information on the class because low ping is needed to time positioning and animations ect (I get it a lot of the time where I get hit by a bosses skills when I'm clearly out the way)
    Izama