Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[GUIDE] Archer Class

BamboozlerBamboozler
Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,695
edited 1:06AM May 13, 2018 in Archer
Click here to visit the Class Guide Megathread!
X65p4Hu.png

Note: This guide is currently under construction. Updates coming shortly!

The Archer uses their attack speed and critical hit ratio to deal high DPS to enemies with the bow! The Archer is also able to learn skills which add additional effects to their arrows. This class is known for its ability to passively increase the players movement speed as well as being able to summon a trusty pet eagle which assists the player during battle!

Nexon Class Difficulty
jpbMEDV.png

Pros and Cons
Pros
- Skills produce very high hit combos.
- High mobility which makes it easier to kite.
- High damage output due to high critical hit chance and if you can land multi-hit combos.

Cons
- Difficult solo play.
- Low Defence.
- Low Strength, requiring you to land combos to be effective.

Stat Overview
Role: Ranged DPS
Weapon: Bow
Attribute: Fire & Ice
Primary Stats: DEX

s6Ei31E.png

Skills
gArinyg.png
Level 1-10

84xlsDh.pngHymOOMX.pngVAuUJdY.pngOuI6ges.png

Level 10-20

04sF1tk.pngU85zTzp.pngspZKEFc.pngECG5aRy.png

Level 20-30

f6cotmL.pngrgXJDu0.pngANTE0Ky.png

Level 30-40

lJJdHbI.pngVapollh.pngEdpQ5EL.png

Level 40+

3b8bTry.pngSCu78t2.pngG16OpkA.png

2016 KMS2 Skills: https://youtube.com/watch?v=-37XjV_dQOo

Strategies
giphy.gif

Will update this section as the GMS2 Beta progresses and as strategies develop.

YouTube Showcase
Archer lvl 1-30

Archer lvl 35 Vs Baphomet

Forum_UserMordaklorUmiSonodaFanGhastinoirBaxterologyBonfireminMwoonWylanxScherzoManlySupport
  1. Did you find this information helpful?49 votes
    1. Yes
       57% (28 votes)
    2. No
       43% (21 votes)

Comments

• DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,145
    Forum Moderator
    edited 6:55AM May 22, 2018
    This is starting to come along.
    DanDKDradonPixelPantsu
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 10:26PM April 26, 2018
    This is so vague. This doesn't explain anything.

Check the Megathread, it'll explain a lot more :)
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,135
    I'm going to be honest with you, right now it really seems like you're just trying to up your post count.
    Your megathread already has a good general compilation of classes, there's no need to make individual threads in every subforum when they're literally just copy+pasted from the megathread.
    Forum_Lurker
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    DanDK wrote: »
    I'm going to be honest with you, right now it really seems like you're just trying to up your post count.
    Your megathread already has a good general compilation of classes, there's no need to make individual threads in every subforum when they're literally just copy+pasted from the megathread.

I did that to filter people that are looking for info on classes from each child category to the megathread, couldn't care less who created the threads - it's about sharing the content and giving everyone the information they need. :)
  • Forum_UserForum_User
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,505

If he wanted to spam his posts up, he could greet everyone in the introductions section haha.
    Forum_Lurker
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 7:26AM April 27, 2018
    Check out the Megathread when you can guys, I'm currently updating it: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24023/class-breakdown-megathread
    Mordaklor
  • Amy_Clyne1Amy_Clyne1
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,300
    Alright alright you guys, just delete these conversations because it's embarrassing to let other people see this chat. So let's clear up and forget about it, stick to the topic and always remember, don't jump onto conclusions too fast, and be nice to each other. Cheers~
    BueberryForum_Lurker
  • FaelightFaelight
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,795
    Forum Moderator
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/15642/archer-megathread

Here was what I was collecting in a thread in General Discussion. Feel free to use :D
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Faelight wrote: »
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/15642/archer-megathread

Here was what I was collecting in a thread in General Discussion. Feel free to use :D

Thanks so much! :)
  • BaxterologyBaxterology
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    keep up the good work :)
    Bamboozler
  • BaxterologyBaxterology
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    This is so vague. This doesn't explain anything.

This guide provides quite a bit of information? Don't judge a book by its cover...
    Bamboozler
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,145
    Forum Moderator
    @Baxterology When the post was first made, it was literally just the stat overview and a link to the megathread.
    DanDK
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    @Baxterology When the post was first made, it was literally just the stat overview and a link to the megathread.

That's correct. :p

It was just a generic template post while I was working on the other 8 threads. :D
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 4:30AM May 6, 2018
    The first version of the Archer guide is now complete. The strategies section will be added as GMS2 strategies develop. Additionally, all information will be translated to better reflect GMS2 as information becomes available.

Edit: I've also renamed the Ranger guide to the Archer guide and have replaced all terminology as it seems as though GMS2 will be renaming the class.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    The skills section has been updated to reflect GMS2. :)