Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

[GUIDE] Priest Class

BamboozlerBamboozler
MapleStory 2 Rep: 19,815
edited 2:25AM May 15, 2018 in Priest
Click here to visit the Class Guide Megathread!
IHPuylV.png

Note: This guide is currently under construction. Updates coming shortly!

The Priest is a support class which has the ability to heal themselves and their allies. The Priest can learn a skill that allows them to teleport whilst boosting movement speed! This class is known to replenish SP, shield itself and allies as well as increase the damage that nearby enemies take!

Nexon Class Difficulty
iTe9an3.png

Pros and Cons
Pros
- Able to heal self and allies. This saves a lot of HP Potions.
- Has powerful close-combat mobbing skill at early levels.
- Has ability to teleport to nearby allies while boosting self movement speed.
- Has many skills that heal allies and also replenish SP.

Cons
- Weakest job in MapleStory 2 in early levels and 1v1.
- Lacks mobility. Difficult to escape from lethal boss attacks. Brace for impact!
- Lacks spammable offensive skills and defensive skills. Focus primarily on healing.
- Requires a party to level up efficiently. Solo leveling is a pain.
Pros and Cons by AyumiLove

Stat Overview
Role: Magic Support
Weapon: Scepter & Spellbook
Attribute: Holy
Primary Stats: INT

MBorMUJ.png

Skills
idPyDnP.png
Level 1-10

15oc5IH.pngADK95u3.pngMrxxbPd.pnghaDv8KF.png

Level 10-20

HjfSJkx.pngaO32KmU.pngXbq4zmx.pnga7ISIdq.png

Level 20-30

222s4Uw.pngjpE1k6x.pngTb7AUDg.png

Level 30-40

ExQuLOl.png8a7PQIK.pngTem1tep.png

Level 40+

s81QVai.pngwCTmWks.pngUjBwv8O.png

2016 KMS2 Skills: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ht3_p_Ha4ok

Strategies
Solo Content
86af547320.jpg
This pretty much follows the default "Burst Damage Focus" skill build. I took points from Guardian to allocate into Angelic Ray for a fat hit every 10 seconds while questing that can also clip party members for a sizeable heal, while keeping one point in Prayer for self-sustain. Tap your target with Celestial Light, drop the Relic and Archon shield on them, then Holy Blast away. Side note, Holy Relic should be a must have if people plan to PvP as Priest, due to it's ability to drain Stamina to 0, allowing some free hits due to your target not being able to use their escape skill.
Created by @ButteredToastMan

Group Content: Healing / Buffs
AlogC.jpg
All in one healing and buffing needed, imo. Maxed Guardian for 11% Magic attack boost (which should effect healing). Max Blessing for 190 Physical and Magical defense boost for the group with a 6.4% Phys / Magic attack boost on top of a 608% heal. Max Holy Symbol for 17% goodness, 17 spirit per second with 17% Phys / Magic damage and attack speed with 17 accuracy for ~15 seconds using max Discipline. Rest of my points went into Healing Mastery cap to boost all healing by 28%, then 3 into Healing Prayer and Sanctuary. Personally, I'm not a fan of Sanctuary, so I could take my Healing Prayer to a 9, but Sanctuary can be useful on some phases such as the unavoidable fire breath for the Fire Dragon raid boss on the second platform. Some key notes with Holy Symbol is when to use it. It has a 3 minute cooldown and it also applies a 3 minute debuff to where other holy symbols won't effect you, so multiple priests in a group shouldn't try and extend the buff as it simply won't reapply. I prefer dropping it in moments where I know my group, be it dungeon or raid, will have about 15 seconds of uninterrupted DPS where the boss won't move much, or in dungeons I use it at the beginning due to the cooldown more than likely ending before the boss dies.

Group Content: DPS
AloBI.jpg
This build in particular I've yet to use, and is mostly theorycrafting. I would not recommend using this if you're the only priest. This is for if you already have a priest in the group fully dedicated to healing and buffing the dungeon / raid group using a similar build mentioned above. This can possibly fit a more coordinated group better using the premade party finder instead of just queuing for content, where two priests can show up in the same group. It's based on still supporting the group using Smiting Aura, while still providing damage. Apply Celestial Light for 7% holy damage boost, keep up Archon Shield for added self-defense (Note it doesn't say it applies to allies like Celestial Blessing, haven't taken the time to see if it does or not.), and spam Smiting Aura for 164% damage and applying a 4% debuff to the boss (that barely lasts a second) that increases all incoming damage to the target, helping out the other DPS. Keep up Celestial Guardian for 11% Magic Attack and Angel Ray on CD for that 754% damage and clipping some extra healing in to help your full support priest out.

YouTube Showcase
Priest Lvl 1-30

Priest lvl 30 Vs Last Bajar

Forum_UserStrangeestQuaitheMordaklorL4zarGhastinoirBaxterologySiocydePalmtopBonfireminand 34 others.
  1. Did you find this information helpful?151 votes
    1. Yes
       81% (123 votes)
    2. No
       19% (28 votes)

Comments

• Forum_UserForum_User
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,510
    As the future king of MapleStory 2, I can't wait to test out the Priest class! I'd love to enable other users to be the best they can be.

Thanks for this post @Bamboozler!
    BamboozlerDimsumsurprise
  • QuaitheQuaithe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,510
    Incredible job! keep updating this thread once you can :3 i will be using it A-LOT...
    BamboozlerLillyRose
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Quaithe wrote: »
    Incredible job! keep updating this thread once you can :3 i will be using it A-LOT...

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Make sure you check out the Megathread here as well if you're looking for an overview of all classes or are trying to find links to the other class threads I have.
    LillyRose
  • JuanmoltJuanmolt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    Thanks, this was really helpful!
    Bamboozler
  • PotatoeZeGreatPotatoeZeGreat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    edited 10:33AM April 28, 2018
    Thank you for the guide
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Juanmolt wrote: »
    Thanks, this was really helpful!
    Thank you for the guide

Thanks for the kind words! Make sure you check back every now and then. There will be a lot more updates to the thread coming within the next 48 hours.
  • SketchyBardSketchyBard
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    edited 6:03AM April 30, 2018
    I like this , please do keep updating for all future patches <3
    This way we have one place to go to see helpful information
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler

Have you had a chance to check out the Megathread? It's pretty much the hub for all of these class guides. :)
    SketchyBard
  • HiradakashHiradakash
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
  • SketchyBardSketchyBard
    Bamboozler wrote: »

Have you had a chance to check out the Megathread? It's pretty much the hub for all of these class guides. :)

I did notice that, will you be having a FAQ on megathread for the general FAQ about the game ? As well as if you plan for a FAQ section on this guide or purely informational like a news update kinda thing
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    I did notice that, will you be having a FAQ on megathread for the general FAQ about the game ? As well as if you plan for a FAQ section on this guide or purely informational like a news update kinda thing

Right now I'm sticking purely to classes. I may add a small FAQ to the class Megathread if I'm getting lots of the same questions though. As for a general FAQ for the game I might create new guides in the future once this one is closer to being finished.
  • SketchyBardSketchyBard

Right now I'm sticking purely to classes. I may add a small FAQ to the class Megathread if I'm getting lots of the same questions though. As for a general FAQ for the game I might create new guides in the future once this one is closer to being finished.

Okay coolio, once I get in game, may I add you as a friend?
    I'll be sure to keep you annoyed with questions here and there ;D
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 6:37AM April 30, 2018
    Okay coolio, once I get in game, may I add you as a friend?
    I'll be sure to keep you annoyed with questions here and there ;D

Of course you can! I'm more than happy for anyone that needs help or wants to add me because of these threads to do so. :)
    SketchyBard
  • HoneyLullabyHoneyLullaby
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    edited 10:32AM April 30, 2018
    Hihi! I recently leveled a couple of classes on Korean servers to roughly level 46 because that is about when you have access to all of the skills and Priest was one of the classes I leveled. There are a couple of things I would like to say to anyone who is considering a Priest but may be discouraged by the "Cons" section. Don't be! I'm not sure if AyumiLove's cons were written to be comparative to other classes or if maybe they are dated but there are a few things I went into it expecting and was pleasantly surprised to find were incorrect. Keep in mind the following information is based off of my own leveling experience on Korean servers this past week.

- Weakest job in MapleStory 2 in early levels and 1v1.
    - Requires a party to level up efficiently. Solo leveling is a pain.

I'm going to combine the first and fourth cons because they are similar. Comparatively you might be weak but you won't feel weak while leveling. Priest has so many tools in their kit for mobbing. You have three spammable skills and two cooldown based deployable skills that do damage independently from and in conjunction with you spamming. You get two out of the three spammable skills at level one as well. One of them is centered around your body which is great for when you're surrounded and the other is in a cone in front of you so it can be aimed and has range. The cone spammable will eventually be replaced by the third spammable which works exactly the same but hits harder. The first version applies a damage over time effect though so I still find it useful to apply that and refresh it (on bosses) while spamming the stronger version. Do this while cycling your deployable skills per mob group pull and you will find that mob groups die pretty quickly. A little tip for when using the "Holy Cross" skill is to stand on the opposite side of it from where the mobs are attacking from because it has a knock-back effect on each pulse that will keep the mobs off of you. Bosses do take longer to kill on Priest but are also still easy because of sustain. Cannot comment on 1v1.

- Lacks mobility. Difficult to escape from lethal boss attacks. Brace for impact!

One of the descriptions for "Heaven's Wings" implies that you need a party member to teleport to but it actually works just like any other class' dash that you can use multiple times in a row until you run out of EP. However it does give you a nice movement speed afterwards which is great for running back in or running to an ally since Priest is such a position-centric class. You also heal for a small amount after each dash!

- Lacks spammable offensive skills and defensive skills. Focus primarily on healing.

Well you do focus on healing and buffing. The rest is completely incorrect. Most of your offensive skills are spammable and your most basic heal, which I would call a defensive skill, is also spammable.
    FortuneCookieBamboozlerCariseiCalibreSproutAldosamaCylilNaos
  • FortuneCookieFortuneCookie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    edited 10:40AM April 30, 2018
    Thanks for the helpful info HoneyLullaby. There's a lot of outdated information around and I was hesitant to roll priest for a bit, and even tried out Priest on KMS2 for a bit but was confused to find that my experience did not reflect what was being said online about priest (at least in terms of levelling experience). I'm glad that my experience seems to align with your comments, which further proves that there is either old information floating about, or just misleading information, or a combination of both. Although we'll have to see if the levelling experience will be similar for global.

edit: a few words
    HoneyLullaby
  • carabrowcarabrow
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    edited 3:16PM April 30, 2018
    the fear is he can not sustain himself in the early game. I do not like to depend on others to do my missions.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 8:58PM April 30, 2018
    @HoneyLullaby Thanks for the input! It's great to hear the discussion and opinion of others. The pros and cons list was adapted from AyumiLove but she's only one person and I'm sure things have changed a lot since she uploaded her guides. Once GMS2 hits I'll be updating my threads. :)
    HoneyLullaby
  • HoneyLullabyHoneyLullaby
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    edited 9:23PM April 30, 2018
    carabrow wrote: »
    the fear is he can not sustain himself in the early game.

You get your basic heal at level 10. If things are similar for our version you should be level four or five after finishing the tutorial. My other classes were four but my Priest was five for some reason. My experience is that sustain was not an issue because you can burst them quickly enough:

- Has powerful close-combat mobbing skill at early levels.

carabrow wrote: »
    I do not like to depend on others to do my missions.

As I previously suggested, you will not need to depend on others to do your missions. I leveled solo and it didn't feel any slower than leveling my DPS. If it was then it wasn't noticeably slower.
    carabrow
  • EnnelEnnel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    edited 9:31AM May 1, 2018
    As someone who is ready to main priest....I need friends who will level with me. xP Jk jk, I'm pretty I'll be able to manage just like I did in MS1
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 12:08AM May 2, 2018
    Ycirn wrote: »

Thanks @Bamboozler

No problem! :)

Bookmark any class threads you might want in the future (or just the Megathread). I'm still building on each guide.