Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[GUIDE] Knight Class

Comments

• UbermanUberman
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,800
    Hmm, No blocking lethal attacks. That can be quiet a problem. Still geuss i have to see how bad that realy is.
    Bamboozlersora195
  • CharleePahpahCharleePahpah
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 810
    @bamboozler Yo great thread! I hope you turn this into a great guide page for when the game is officially released!
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,695
    @bamboozler Yo great thread! I hope you turn this into a great guide page for when the game is officially released!

There's still a lot more to come! :)
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    edited 9:37PM April 29, 2018
    Uberman wrote: »
    Hmm, No blocking lethal attacks. That can be quiet a problem. Still geuss i have to see how bad that realy is.

The Knight still has a lot of CC skills as well as damage reduction auras and an AOE.
  • CavemanOhYeaCavemanOhYea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Ty for the work Bamboozler
    on another note i need to find one of Saika's guid so i can steal it and not credit it since it would be funny with how they reacted to a single image.
    BamboozlerCharleePahpahTearThatAss
  • iwasJaseiwasJase
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,095
    Looking forward for this guide to be finished. Personally don't agree with ayumilove's pros and cons since Knight's have been rebalanced and her data was from 2016 KMS2.
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    iwasJase wrote: »
    Looking forward for this guide to be finished. Personally don't agree with ayumilove's pros and cons since Knight's have been rebalanced and her data was from 2016 KMS2.

I honestly can't wait for GMS2 CBT. I'm going to update all of her work that's outdated. It's just unfortunate there's nothing more recent than her posts.
  • UbermanUberman
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,800
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    iwasJase wrote: »

I honestly can't wait for GMS2 CBT. I'm going to update all of her work that's outdated. It's just unfortunate there's nothing more recent than her posts.

CBT is a great testing ground.
    Bamboozler
  • MordaklorMordaklor
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,410
    can the knight taunt the monsters?
  • LChaos2LChaos2
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    edited 11:41AM May 3, 2018
    Mordaklor wrote: »

There's no Taunt mechanic or the concept of aggro. Knights "tank" by providing AOE defensive auras.
    Bamboozler
  • BaxterologyBaxterology
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    LChaos2 wrote: »

There's no Taunt mechanic or the concept of aggro. Knights "tank" by providing AOE defensive auras.

Is the knight good without a taunt? I haven't played an mmo without taunts on tank classes.
  • sora195sora195
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,350
    edited 9:39AM May 4, 2018

Is the knight good without a taunt? I haven't played an mmo without taunts on tank classes.

The knight class will probably change drastically after the 1st advancement. We have no idea if the knight will be able to either become a dragon knight or a paladin or if the dark knight option will be there. So for now the basic knight class and it's function will change to the extreme later. It probably won't be important in the beginning but it will be extremely different later.
  • LChaos2LChaos2
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    edited 2:19PM May 4, 2018
    sora195 wrote: »

The knight class will probably change drastically after the 1st advancement. We have no idea if the knight will be able to either become a dragon knight or a paladin or if the dark knight option will be there. So for now the basic knight class and it's function will change to the extreme later. It probably won't be important in the beginning but it will be extremely different later.

There are no job advancements. You pick a class and stick to it. It's like Diablo. This may change in the future,
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    There are no job advancements. You pick a class and stick to it. It's like Diablo. This may change in the future,

This is correct. Currently there are 11 classes in KMS2, none of which are job advancements to my knowledge. I'm pretty sure they even scrapped the beginner class unless I'm mistaken?
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    The first version of the Knight guide is now complete. The strategies section will be added as GMS2 strategies develop. Additionally, all information will be translated to better reflect GMS2 as information becomes available.
  • DarisceDarisce
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    a knight gonna shield what a knight need to shield :}
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    The skills section has been updated to reflect GMS2. :)
  • WntrWolfxWntrWolfx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 720
    For strategies, are you referring to skill builds? I built a knight later on in the CBT, and during the quest line, I was building it kinda hybrid. There were a lot of skills that were useful so I wanted them all. I tried building it more DPS oriented, but seeing as the level cap was only 50, I couldn't max all the best DPS skills. For raiding, I didn't feel comfortable with knight yet, so I turned him into a support character. Level 7 bulwark so my whole party could survive the fire breaths, and defender of the faith as high as possible for the smaller attacks that also could kill squishy characters. Also warhorn and shield throw for buffing DPS players, and shield wall to help your teammates mitigate some damage.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    WntrWolfx wrote: »
    For strategies, are you referring to skill builds? I built a knight later on in the CBT, and during the quest line, I was building it kinda hybrid. There were a lot of skills that were useful so I wanted them all. I tried building it more DPS oriented, but seeing as the level cap was only 50, I couldn't max all the best DPS skills. For raiding, I didn't feel comfortable with knight yet, so I turned him into a support character. Level 7 bulwark so my whole party could survive the fire breaths, and defender of the faith as high as possible for the smaller attacks that also could kill squishy characters. Also warhorn and shield throw for buffing DPS players, and shield wall to help your teammates mitigate some damage.

Are you able to take a screenshot of your spread and list a few pros and cons in a copy paste friendly manner? If so, I'll be more than happy to add it to the strategy section! :)

If you're not sure what I'm looking for, check the strategy section of this guide: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/24121/guide-thief-class
  • LanseucLanseuc
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Still confuse with this Knight , do we need a tank? i mean is this game have threat meter or something like aggro etc? then if not Knight tank only use for its buffs?