Learn everything about the Guilded Glory update this month from the patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45646/

[MEGATHREAD] Class Guide

Comments

• MoxarMoxar
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
    So... Where can I find info on cost and cd of each skill? Range? AoE or single target? You know the useful stuff?
  • UbermanUberman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,800
    Moxar wrote: »
    So... Where can I find info on cost and cd of each skill? Range? AoE or single target? You know the useful stuff?

Should give it sometime. He is still updating it but might not have all the info right away.
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 19,715
    Noodle_boy wrote: »
    Thank you for the guide! Good guide to go to specially for newbies like me!

I'm glad you liked the guide! I'll be updating the guides almost every day until they're done so feel free to check back every now and then. :)
    Noodle_boy
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Moxar wrote: »

I'll be adding the in-depth skill lists within the next 48 hours. I'm still making daily updates to each of the threads. :)
  • XinelXinel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    Nice job with this guide dude, thanks! ^^
    Bamboozler
  • iwasJaseiwasJase
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,095
    So is it confirmed that we're not gonna get the other classes (Striker, Rune Blader and Soul Binder) on GMS2 launch? Great work on the guide btw, bookmarked.
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    iwasJase wrote: »
    So is it confirmed that we're not gonna get the other classes (Striker, Rune Blader and Soul Binder) on GMS2 launch? Great work on the guide btw, bookmarked.

Yep, it's been confirmed to only be those 8 classes for now. GMS2 will almoat certainly have the other 3 in the future, just not at launch.

PS. Thanks for the bookmark ;)
  • GhastinoirGhastinoir
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,200
    this guide looks amazing now! so much has changed, keep it up @Bamboozler :)
    Bamboozler
  • Leg4cyLeg4cy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,660
    @TinyC

I didn't play the Korean Version, so, taking in consideration Ayumilove doesn't mention anyone on the English Patch, plus, at the YouTube tutorial video, you can read the following:
    Download Ayumilove MapleStory2 English Patch at http://ayumilove.net/maplestory2/

There's no need to be rude, instead, you could have sent me a personal message like other forum user did and try to clear up.

Anyway, besides that Video, you can also clearly read at Ayumi's webpage some comments that really leads you to thinking that Ayumi has made the Korean to English Patch version.

Go to this website and you won't see any mention to the creator, plus, at the comments section, you can read the following:
    Ayumilove wrote at April 16th 2018
    @Maddy: Hi, I currently unable to start MapleStory2 application due to an issue. Therefore, unable to update the English patch for MapleStory2.

Ayumilove wrote at March 10th 2018
    @all: MapleStory2 English Patch (March 10, 2018) is now available for download.

I'm sorry if I made an overstatement, but at my eyes with all that info, it seems like Ayumilove has his/her own English patch.

I'm up for a civil debate regarding this subject and I'm going to do it with the other user that actually had consideration in exposing that opinion.

Best Regards,
    Leg4cy
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Ghastinoir wrote: »
    this guide looks amazing now! so much has changed, keep it up @Bamboozler :)

I'm glad you like the Megathread! Be sure you check out all the more in-depth views of the other classes (links can be found in the Megathread). :)

PS. Sorry guys for not making an update today - between work and the April 30th activity/rewards opening up very soon I didn't get time to make any edits. I'll get back into it as soon as I can tomorrow! Skills will definitely be added and completed before the end of the week. :)
  • ErgexgoErgexgo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,885
    pretty good guide
    convenient enough to actually read through
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Ergexgo wrote: »
    pretty good guide
    convenient enough to actually read through

Thanks for the feedback! Stay tuned for more updates. :)
  • KazeCaelumKazeCaelum
    I can't decide between thief and assassin...both so goooooood
    Bamboozler
  • Leg4cyLeg4cy
    @KazeCaelum
    It all depends on what you like most ;)

I'm surely going for Assassin class, being at Range and seeing those crit numbers popping up, will be amazing, just like old MS1 days :)

Still, the best way to go, it's to play what you like most ;)
    KazeCaelum
  • iAsdfjkliAsdfjkl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Ugh, Ayumi isn't really right about the Thief/Assasin rating as for KMS and CN version aswell they're Thief 3-star and Sin 5-Star still a good threat tho
  • KazeCaelumKazeCaelum
    iAsdfjkl wrote: »
    Ugh, Ayumi isn't really right about the Thief/Assasin rating as for KMS and CN version aswell they're Thief 3-star and Sin 5-Star still a good threat tho

Would you know if both are considered "good dps"
  • Leg4cyLeg4cy
    @iAsdfjkl
    Accordingly to Nexon Official Website, Thief is 5 Stars
    http://maplestory2.nexon.com/Guidebook/Beginner#class10

And Assassin is 2 Stars
    http://maplestory2.nexon.com/Guidebook/Beginner#class11

That's where the information came from :)

Did it change in-game? Could you please provide some screenshots? I believe it can have changed due to the "Restart" patch.

Would love to see some more info related to that :o

Thank you in advance for your time & patience.
  • EnnelEnnel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    This class guide has made my struggle of choosing so much harder. So I'm torn between heavy gunner and priest. I mean I get one is a a dps and the other not so much, but still I just really like them both. It's a struggle.
  • Leg4cyLeg4cy
    @Ennel
    The best advice I can give you, it's to play with what you feel more comfortable playing as :)

Each has their uses, and you will find a party where you can complement what you are best with what they are best ^^

Related to End-Game, I would put my cards on the table and say that a Priest will be more useful to parties which means it will probably get a party way easier than a Heavy Gunner looking for party for the same content, since there's really strong DPSers compared to Heavy Gunner and those will probably get a preference spot.

Still, the game is meant to have fun, so, play whatever you like best :)
    Bamboozler
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Ennel wrote: »
    This class guide has made my struggle of choosing so much harder. So I'm torn between heavy gunner and priest. I mean I get one is a a dps and the other not so much, but still I just really like them both. It's a struggle.

I found that creating this guide did the opposite for me. :D

It's only cemented my ideas of being an Archer or Thief.