HEYYYY future fellow thieves!

ZangeonZangeon
Maplestory 2 Rep: 765
in Thief
SUP FAM! so what's everyone's reason for going with this class? mine is that i wanted to go priest, but too many people are already going with that. sooooo decided to go with a seemingly less popular class choice :D also im hoping thief has some sexy DOT's.

Comments

• RainbowRuby98RainbowRuby98
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 870
    I'm going with thief because it was my very first class back in the good ol days when there were only 4 to chose from :D
    Mwoon
  • KewkkyKewkky
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,345
    Always played rogues/thieves/assassin types in games, and always stuck with melee combat. Was also a Lv210 Shadower in MS1 back in early 2015 before I quit for good (think my damage range was 1.6m buffed? Pretty low for today's standards).
  • ArchmonkArchmonk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,595
    Stealth. Evasion. Secrets...
  • iwasJaseiwasJase
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Well, to be honest I wanted Striker but unfortunately were not getting them on launch so I'm rolling with Thief for now since they're both combo based and have high mobility.
  • CalindorCalindor
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 875
    Honestly, because that's what I got on the class quiz haha. But I do also love fast melee types of classes, and reading that it apparently has a high skill cap has me excited to try it in CBT, if I get in.
  • KazeCaelumKazeCaelum
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,455
    Mobility, poison, speed.... THIEF FOR LIFE!
    *poofs with the wind*
  • vaikivaiki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Leggoooo Thieves
  • AcaidianAcaidian
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,935
    To be honest, I'm playing thief for two reasons. Number 1 being, that Bandit was the first job that I got to 2nd job and etc with on MS.

Number 2 being, I want the challenge with the high skill gap. Will help keep things interesting!
  • DexlessBrötchenDexlessBrötchen
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,070
    My reasons for playing it are rather simple. First in MS1 Bandit is allways thought about playing but never gave it a shot unfortunately so I think its the perfekt time to start now. And honestly the class just looks awesome and like a lot of fun :D
  • XxdualmaxxXXxdualmaxxX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    To be completely honest, it was the closest thing i had to Dual Blade from MS1 which became my favourite class xD

i plan to make Berserker my 2nd if i get the chance
  • NyuraNyura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,200
    My 1st reason was seeing a 30second gameplay preview of MS2 Thief. It looked a bit more interesting than spamming a single skill like some other classes, so I decided that I'd like to give it a try (I never played a bandit in MS1 so I'm not super familiar with their skill tree/playstyle in-depth). After hearing that there are a bunch of things to take into consideration in order to make the most out of Thief, I guess I'm not so certain anymore, but I'll try it anyway and see where that leads
  • RurumoRurumo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,690
    Hello fellow thieves! Thief is just as fun as I'd hoped. So far the only thing I noticed for maxing out your damage is paying attention to that "state" you trigger that makes you speed up and do more damage. You get sort of dark when it happens and there's kind of a "ding" sound. I'm sure there's much more at higher levels.
    Juya
  • ZyconZycon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 885
    already know how to play it. don't feel like playing assassin because op classes aren't my thing. even with the skill involved, i still won't come close to other classes damage but i honestly dont care so it doesn't bother me.
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,835
    I really like thief classes (includes thiefs and sins) and wanted to avoid sins because they seemed like the popular choice that everyone else will be going for so I went with thief instead. Not so sure if I want to main one anymore after playing CBT, but I may end up making one anyways as a second character because it has grown on me.
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,550
    I originally wanted to go thief before CBT but didn't know they were rated 5 star difficulty. Might be a good class to choose if I decide to go with only 1 main char for the challenge. Plus I like the idea of being a rogue as I am a loner type person and solo a lot.
  • TheftTheft
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,070
    I was a Shadower in Maplestory, although I quit since there wasn't much to do past level 70 at the time. I especially remember the grind until 75 was supposed to be hell, and I was burnt out from hitting 70... But yeah, always loved the idea of being up close and personal while dodging everything point blank, almost feels insulting to the monsters, haha. Plus I'm really excited about the idea of DoT with all the poison skills Thieves now have.
  • ilovemaplestory2_01ilovemaplestory2_01
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,390
    in any game i play i will always, given the option, pick the rogue-type classes and then i narrow that down to the difficulty of them. afaik thief is the most difficult class to play out of them all because unlike everything else you actually need to use your brain to play thief and that alone makes me want to play it, because to me it feels more rewarding to become skilled at playing a difficult class.

i played all of the classes in the beta, excluding priest, and i'm still 100% sure i want to main thief. the gameplay is so tactical and fast paced that i can't help but love it.
    Zycon
  • ZyconZycon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 885
    in any game i play i will always, given the option, pick the rogue-type classes and then i narrow that down to the difficulty of them. afaik thief is the most difficult class to play out of them all because unlike everything else you actually need to use your brain to play thief and that alone makes me want to play it, because to me it feels more rewarding to become skilled at playing a difficult class.

i played all of the classes in the beta, excluding priest, and i'm still 100% sure i want to main thief. the gameplay is so tactical and fast paced that i can't help but love it.

I like this one. Brains are nice ^^
  • StarkusStarkus
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,470
    I remember trying this class out before, and thought it was very fun. I ended up becoming a main for the class, as it has this "Speed Fighter" motif to it.
    Some skills are mainly used for bossing, while others are meant for mobbing. When it comes to the recent KMS2 update with the "Awakenings", Thief's Awakening is very fun and exciting, having the second awakening tree be a "Shadower" line.

I can't wait to play GMS2 and strive to make a really great Thief.