Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Why did you choose to play priest?

Comments

• ZenmaruZenmaru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    I'm looking forward to playing a Priest, because I've always had a love for playing supportive roles. I get a bit nervous when playing DPS roles, and I can never seem to keep up with the best gear, optimizations, etc. Healers are generally a lot more laid-back in terms of gameplay, and I'm more than happy to help out those who are good at DPS to do their best! Everyone serves a role, and everyone benefits. ♥
    catkinForum_Lurker
  • MichaelMouseMichaelMouse
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,185
    As a wizard, I never understood the fun of playing a priest.
  • GreenleafzGreenleafz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    So I could use Genesis... Duh XD
    Forum_Lurker
  • CassieCassie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,915
    I'm always a healer in basically every game I play, it's just how I enjoy playing the game!
    And when you save someone's butt..
    giphy.gif
    LuxxForum_Lurker
  • DeadMalcolmDeadMalcolm
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    I like apples
  • S4TURN37S4TURN37
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    The reason is I'm picking the priest is, well, because I've always taken healer classes in MMORPGs and anything else is outside of my comfort zone at this point lol

Although the gunner looks cool
    Forum_Lurker
  • scholar624scholar624
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,055
    edited 7:18AM May 10, 2018
    MS2's Priest (much like support classes in other MMOs) require a different mindset than DPS's "beat the ever-living snot out of the boss while dancing around attack mechanics until his HP hits 0".

An outstanding Healer requires remaining calm amidst crisis, predicting what the boss will do next, preparing counter measures if necessary , triaging who in your party is in the most immediate danger, and maintain a steady MP supply just in case slime hits the fan.

Overall, it's developing a really great skill set to have IRL when multitasking is the word of the day.
    CylilAirysForum_Lurker
  • ChearriChearri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 740
    I usually play the support/healer/buffer kind of classes in any MMO within my friend group. I like to have the power to heal others. Also, people appreciate when you bring them back from the almost brinks of death. Its great when someone tells you, "I had low HP, why didnt you heal me all the way? " My response "But did you die?" Like I cant focus all my heals on you, some people need it more than others. But yea, I like the challenge I guess.
    Forum_Lurker
  • jimjam4444jimjam4444
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    I like priest because people want the "fun" people and so they play the assassins, archers, and ect. Meanwhile I will just chill with this role and be unique and one of the rarities because i do not want to compete with a million other people. Also I like the skills . . . . I think that is it so . . . . thanks for reading??? Anyways I welcome you to be a Priest if you want.
    Forum_Lurker
  • saipandasaipanda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    edited 1:11AM May 12, 2018
    I like getting blamed when the raid wipes....

2qns7di.jpg
    AirysXashi
  • LyraIeiLyraIei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    I play priest for two reasons:

1. I feel horrible having to rely on another healer to carry the party through. I tried being a tank and a dps and none of the other healers I met chose to pocket my health bar and preffered to dps until I was critical and needed healing.

2. I got so good I sin of pride when I play the healer role. Its simple to me to just spam heal to get someone up and keep the buff going for their damage. That said, if they run around like a headless chicken I'm not chasing them for a heal. They can dance around the boss like everyone else does and they'll get their hp back, but I'm not following you to that corner of the map.
    Forum_Lurker
  • LimidisLimidis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    What is potion?
    AirysForum_Lurker
  • AkreneaAkrenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    I like being able to support my party when I have one but also being able to play by myself if I do not have anyone to play with at that moment. I really wanted to see how this worked in Maplestory 2. I started playing priest because I was contemplating whether I would main Wizard or Priest when the actual game launches.
    Forum_Lurker
  • ConsciousConscious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    they're essentially self-sufficient so you never have to worry about wasting money on expensive pots
    and in parties they're usually well protected so you don't often have to worry about being the first to die
    and also the buffs
    scholar624
  • MixaeMixae
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 575
    I tried out almost all the classes but I like priest because it reminds me of holy paladin like in WoW. I want to be needed in a group. I like the scepter and bibble that we carry around. I like the female character voice best? My other option would be knight.
  • ZangaZanga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,405
    instant queues are nice.
  • RapthorneRapthorne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    edited 12:30PM July 25, 2018
    I main healing in every game I play. I love party support and being able to help others :)
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    I just wanted not to have to waste money on potions :\. I've alted a healer in a pvp 8 man before and did well and mained a shaman in WoW so I have some healer experience but I am not sure how I would do in a party in MS2. If I do grp up I will make sure it's easy dungeons or something first to get use to healing/buffing other people.
  • ElphydaElphyda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    At first, I played the Assassin role, and it was fun enough. I made a second character to just dink around with another class after I got my Assassin to lv50, but couldn't decide on which to pick. What sold me on Priest was her voice acting, at first... but once I started playing her, she really grew on me. I greatly enjoy playing a Priest — more than I did playing an Assassin — and will definitely be playing her again on release.
  • FokinoFokino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Its because Support is Life