Why did you choose to play archer?

AyoitsianAyoitsian
Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,015
edited 6:13PM April 26, 2018 in Archer
New forum section so I was wondering why y'all chose archers lol.

I really liked having a bird. That's it.
tenor.gif?itemid=3463854
TytaineBueberryKyoKunChanIntricatePepper'n'ShameSateejForum_LurkerChizubagaArtanarisDennaand 1 other.

Comments

• HarmlessHarmless
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,640
    Bowmaster was kind of the class I've always wanted to play in MS1 but never ended up doing it... I just got too used to having a crapton of HP on my Hero, so the Bowman squishiness was hard on me. >_< The Bows looked so beautiful tho... best looking weapons imo.
    Forum_Lurker
  • FaelightFaelight
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,585
    Forum Moderator
    I traditionally play the healer/support classes in all my games due to the lack of them. All the class polls gave me the confidence to choose a DPS class for once since I think there will be enough healers to go around.

I didn't want to play a melee class so that left my options between Assassin, Heavy Gunner, Archer and Wizard.

The voice and personality of the Archer from this video is what finally sold me on them

HarmlessEquisp
  • TytaineTytaine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,290
    edited 6:33PM April 26, 2018
    I prefer archers in games. I have to at least give it a try.
    MilboroForum_Lurker
  • mintwooomintwooo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 625
    I like bows.
    TytaineDrYoshiyahuDanDKAmy_Clyne1KheyeForum_Lurker
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,500
    Forum Moderator
    To make a long story short, I always main an archer in every game I play, and MapleStory is the reason why.

To make a long story long, here it is all written down.
    Amy_Clyne1
  • SHINeeSHINee
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    I love bows...lmao ALSO I loved how I had one hook skill that made crossing maps super easy. The mobility and range is very appealing to me.
  • exeuntjpgexeuntjpg
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 760
    Archer/Ranger at heart. Play it on mostly every game. I love Bows and Crossbows.
    Amy_Clyne1Forum_Lurker
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,265
    edited 1:37AM April 27, 2018
    In MS1, it was the only left-over class after my friends had picked theirs. :p
    Forum_Lurker
  • TKITETKITE
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    I played every class in KMS2, and I just really like shooting fast haha.
  • AquasisAquasis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,565
    Archer is the first class i played very well in MS1. Its Always my main-class-to-go class :P. I like the range, skill looks and you have a hawk as companion.
    Amy_Clyne1Forum_Lurker
  • lazimilazimi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,990
    becuse i try all classes and i most liked is archer
    Amy_Clyne1
  • UpsilonGreenUpsilonGreen
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,325
    Archer life for me. Unfortunately, I didn't like the revamped Bowmaster after the RED update so I went for Phantom instead, then Wind Archer.

Strafe, Hurricane, Dragon Pulse, Hamstring, Arrow Rain, Sharp Eyes, Phoenix = YES.
    Amy_Clyne1DanDKForum_Lurker
  • Amy_Clyne1Amy_Clyne1
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,165
    Because "bows" no question ask xD

Nah jk it's more than just that, its because I hate getting hit by mobs if melee, and spellcasting doesn't interest me much. I never played MS1 but I play RO, and love archer job :3 In many games, I always pick them because it is fun to play ranged ^^
    Forum_Lurker
  • AikatearsAikatears
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    I always play range classes.
    Forum_Lurker
  • NeridaNerida
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,700
    Distance adventage.
    It's usually my first pick in any game - play safe, from afar, learn the game basics, master art of staying healthy with no potions used if possible to preserve money for equipement. If you avoid damage, you can care less that your armor is not the best and you can enjoy the game.
    Forum_Lurker
  • HochiHochi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    I usually always have a hard time picking between healer classes and nature-related classes in MMOs. My main game is FFXIV so I don't have to worry about class-switching there (you can be all classes on one character) but for Maplestory in particular I chose archer because of the bird too LOL. I love nature and animals and that love usually wins out over any other desire haha.
    Amy_Clyne1Forum_Lurker
  • Amy_Clyne1Amy_Clyne1
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,165
    Hochi wrote: »
    I usually always have a hard time picking between healer classes and nature-related classes in MMOs. My main game is FFXIV so I don't have to worry about class-switching there (you can be all classes on one character) but for Maplestory in particular I chose archer because of the bird too LOL. I love nature and animals and that love usually wins out over any other desire haha.

I like it a lot when nature and archer combine, it's absolute goodness <3
    DanDKForum_Lurker
  • EquispEquisp
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 710
    I fell in love with the simplicity of the archer, i know most people wont pick it as a class because it might seem like a boring no skill class , but my time or the time i spend in game is also limited with work and responsibilities. I feel an archer would be a good choice for me. That and i also like the eagle. I feel like its a chill class. and i love it.
    Forum_Lurker
  • melatoninlolmelatoninlol
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,025
    Too many people planning to play healer, plus archer classes are almost always pretty self sufficient. Being able to snipe from a distance and kite is also a huge plus.
    Forum_Lurker
  • KyoKunChanKyoKunChan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,825
    Range Class in every game. Easy to solo stuff/kite. Plus I love having pets.
    DanDKPixelPantsuForum_Lurker