Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Highest DPS in the game? Funded and unfunded

Comments

• SagefistSagefist
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,650
    Funded is definitely assassin. Assassins scale with gear extremely well. Zerker is probably best bet unfunded.
  • MitsuneMitsune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,325
    I can out dps all classes with my fire mage but it's really how well you play your character.

Fire mage is lit fam.
  • MoYiYiMoYiYi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 205
    CMS2 player here, considering no crit potion here in gms2, assassin might slightly stronger than berserker at current & incoming beta. So it will be like assassin>berserker>thief (with perfect gameplay)=archer=wizard>heavy gunner>battle priest>knights
    mmvii
  • MoYiYiMoYiYi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 205
    For new thief player theres a video guide from a cms2 top rank thief (both pvp and pve)

hope this might help
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    Mitsune wrote: »
    I can out dps all classes with my fire mage but it's really how well you play your character.

Fire mage is lit fam.

More like Fire mage is only option for mage
  • JurassicManJurassicMan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    From my experience (also from many mmorpgs), which I already played as Thief and Archer:
    -for PvP: Thief. great damage but mana/spirit goes like water, so it means Thief barely engages the opponent, combo and leave, this class does burst damage. Low hp and low spirit make this class pretty squishy for raids/PQs getting one shot by bosses. It takes more time to finish a boss/PartyQuest.
    -for PvE: Archer. you stand like a turret dealing constant damage, great crits, having a long dash of 4 seconds cooldown to avoid boss casting spells. Now, you get cc on pvp, get your opponent close to you and you are done lol. I get PQ/Raids done pretty fast so it let's me grind pqs easily, I use this character to grind PQs and get my other characters built/geared up.
    Conclusion: I suggest having your Archer character for PvE (Bosses/PQs), gear your archer up and build your next characters.
    ps: At lvl50 archer, try to get by selling epic armor/weapons to get your lvl50epic Acreon's Bow, it makes even more easy to carry your team/party in PartyQuest/Raids.
  • EnekaEneka
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Wizzards are bad dps? :O
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    For anybody saying knight DPS is low a friendly reminder that if we buff you with warhorn or debuff the boss with shield throw that extra DPS you get from that is actually ours.
  • VelociusVelocius
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    Putting Assassin DPS into perspective, here's mine in GMS2 NA East. Its obviously not real world accurate since u cant just stand still and atk all the time.
    s5kdab.png
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Velocius wrote: »
    Putting Assassin DPS into perspective, here's mine in GMS2 NA East. Its obviously not real world accurate since u cant just stand still and atk all the time.
    s5kdab.png

I recommend testing your DPS against single-target enemies rather than the three targets in the guild house, as it skews your numbers greatly. During chaos raids you'll be attacking one chaos raid boss, not 3.

I also recommend using the Total Damage tab instead of the DPS tab, as seeing how much damage you do over a set period of time is easier to compare with other classes than depending on a reading that lowers with each moment you're not attacking anything. I could do 100k with a single hit, but if I stop attacking to take a screenshot, my numbers will drop dramatically.
  • ValkyrieMivinaValkyrieMivina
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    xJmu84u.jpg
    My damage done after about one minute. The only ability hitting multiple targets is my Poison Vial as im not using Surprise Attack.
    My gear also isn't that great as you can see and i think the damage overall isnt that bad.
  • XinSonXinSon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Thieves are highest once Awakening comes out and you can gear them up.

Before then it is zerker or assassin.
  • ArtimessheedArtimessheed
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    edited 11:06PM November 3, 2018
    Thief generally has the highest endgame DPS due to dual-welding potentials, and damage stacking from the offhand slot. Thing is, that's all its really good for, as thief plays like a glass cannon.

I do have to agree with people saying that there is really no point in scrutinizing too much beforehand on what class you want to play. Initially, heavy gunner was my last personal choice when I was imagining the class id choose to main with. It then ended up as my most favorite class. Not to mention, it is not hard at all to get to level 50, so trying more then one class before awakening is not a bad idea