Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders

Highest DPS in the game? Funded and unfunded

Comments

• XxSarinxXXxSarinxX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    To be honest, I hopped on here to see if this would be a grindable game or if I would have to flush it with money to be half way decent. I'm tired of the games that cater to p2w people. I understand that games require money to be successful and stay online. But, it seems all the games I enjoy playing any more are pay to win or you're trash.
    Leonneo
  • NoobStoryNoobStory
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 730
    Most of the youtube videos that I have watched most of them were Thiefs.
  • BalukuBaluku
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 430
    So, Thief is not that good for ms2?
  • WorstOneWorstOne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    How about runeblader? skills look nice..
  • Tsukasa_HiiragiTsukasa_Hiiragi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,225
    Thief is probably dot based DPS, meaning its basic dps is on the low side but for bosses/raids where you can start stacking dots, it'll really shine whether has Assassin is probably burst, I've only done a brief but of research here but. I plan on being a healer as per usual though :3

But yeah, any class can be OP with the right build and/or whales throwing $$$ at the character. Assassin is probably easier, but I wouldn't right off Thief at all, in fact probably for end-game content, a geared thief is most like a major asset.
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,680
    Allow me to quote the #1 ranked thief from CBT2 (the pvp god)

"it's ass"

"lowest dps at 50 by far"

But in all seriousness, maybe thief could be very strong if you had massive amounts of funding. However, poison build was the worst build you could opt for during the CBT. If you actually played thief and tested DPS with various builds, you would know this. It could change in the future, who knows.

By the way, other versions of MS2, unlike our CBT, doesn't have the level 50 cap. They also have extreme P2W and awakening where thief is apparently a lot better. We won't have awakening for a while, and it's already confirmed we won't have the P2W with lumistones/costume gems, so it will be difficult to buy your way to the top with thief.
  • XxViBeXxViBe
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,295
    Why is everyone concerned about what does the most damage :P Just play whatever you want
    Angelicaxoxo
  • NumberNumber
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,615
    edited 8:54AM August 22, 2018
    XxViBe wrote: »
    Why is everyone concerned about what does the most damage :P Just play whatever you want

And they want the most damage dealing class...so yea :P
  • WorstOneWorstOne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    So no one is even interested in rune blader?
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,120
    Top DPS wont matter if you're a decorative floor mat. Luckily, us Priests got you covered.
    1skanderSpaise
  • DueroDuero
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 915
    edited 6:20AM August 23, 2018
    what is fun is people trying to go for a top DPS class (they may not enjoy btw) and then an update change balance and they aren't playing the top class anymore.

I'm looking toward all the whine each balance patch :D
    ultrakatizHicci
  • 1skander1skander
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,825
    Meanwhile in the "mandatory healbot club" I be chilling . -. .
  • UnderwearUnderwear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 105
    edited 6:17AM August 27, 2018
    1skander wrote: »
    Meanwhile in the "mandatory healbot club" I be chilling . -. .

"mandatory"
    He doesn't know
    7nuns
  • aaryonnaaryonn
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Thanks everyone! Looking like im gonna go either Assassin or Archer. Gonna make myself a knight too...... LOL it all looks fun xD
  • YounaraYounara
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 710
    Assassin is good ?
  • LeekTheV3getableLeekTheV3getable
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,650
    @Younara yes, Sins are very good, provided that you learn SP management well.
  • TMChadTMChad
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 930
    Duero wrote: »
    what is fun is people trying to go for a top DPS class (they may not enjoy btw) and then an update change balance and they aren't playing the top class anymore.

I'm looking toward all the whine each balance patch :D

there hasnt been a balance patch to my knowledge in quite some time tho.
  • ExtentInstinctExtentInstinct
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,280
    Thieves do high DPS regarding a condition (Including best strategy and stuff) - Time. The longer the raid takes, the higher chances of stakes they climb up high.
  • IlikesausagesIlikesausages
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,710
    Assassin is an easy to play class and if you can aim all your attacks land, the effort you put in will clearly show when comparing to other sins.
    Berserker also requires some small level of thinking as you are still dodging attacks at close range. You need to be able to keep your passive stack up for max dps. Losing it means losing dps.

I'd say pick assassin if you want to hide like a coward or pick berserker if you don't~

• CryoGXCryoGX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,210
    So Thieve's mechanics make it so that general mobbing is harder/less efficient compared to other dps classes', pretty much?