Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Highest DPS in the game? Funded and unfunded

aaryonnaaryonn
Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,550
in Classes
For those that have played KMS2 and CMS2 before and have a feel of the game, do you know what is usually considered the highest DPS classes in the game when you reach level cap/raid time?
Ive been researching and ive found alot of things aboutt every class. I mostly see the Berserker and Assassin at the top
Let me know!
Thanks!!

Comments

• OnyxkaisorOnyxkaisor
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 655
    From the videos I've seen, it seems like Thief can out-damage most other classes in raids by a pretty big margin. They are usually followed by Wizards, Berserkers or Assassins.
    TheUltimateRikuWhiskeryNilremForum_LurkerAlexFromCaliStellar_CowSisterFisterTopPriestjessia
  • aaryonnaaryonn
    Onyxkaisor wrote: »
    From the videos I've seen, it seems like Thief can out-damage most other classes in raids by a pretty big margin. They are usually followed by Wizards, Berserkers or Assassins.

Thiefs? Really?
    JuyaStellar_CowHarrmsGreat_Zokki
  • RuSty0neRuSty0ne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Thief>Wizard=Archer

Depends entirely on your skill, build and your equipment!!!

Greetz RuSty0ne
    MrTeeMossJuyaForum_LurkerStellar_CowTopPriestSilverSkyway
  • NoonaNoona
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,205
    edited 7:53AM April 25, 2018
    DPS Tiers?
    S tier Assasin X Zerk , A Tier: Wiz X Archer X heavy gunner > Rest

If Gear comes to play then add Rune blader x Thief to A List since those need gear.

Please note that all classes are viable just know that some raid parties will boot you if you aren't one of those classes. **if trying to hardcore pt**

also thief outdpsing wizard? where'd you get that false info from lol
    MrTeeMossmisled85JuyaForum_LurkerHasoriStellar_Cowidontreallyknowman
  • aaryonnaaryonn
    Noona wrote: »
    DPS Tiers?

If Gear comes to play then add Rune blader x Thief to A List since those need gear.

Please note that all classes are viable just know that some raid parties will boot you if you aren't one of those classes. **if trying to hardcore pt**

Cool! thanks! i was thinking of going assassin or zerk in the first place.
    misled85Forum_LurkerStellar_Cow
  • AkianeiAkianei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,090
    Noona wrote: »
    DPS Tiers?

Awesome! Where did you find this info? I'd love to look around whatever website that is so I can learn more :)
    JuyaForum_LurkerStellar_Cow
  • AogCNAogCN
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 625
    for few of 10 men endgame Raid, Zerk can out dps assassin by a little. However if it requires a lot of moving. Assassin definitely is the best. but those 2 classes are the same tier. so pick one if you love to play melee or range.
    p2w wise. well at the very end game you can get gems. for items and fashion clothes up to lvl 10. you can p2w to get all lvl 10 gems (don't do it unless u earn 500k+ a year).
    However so far RNG > $$ for now. you can get all the lvl 10 gems you want. but if some lucky dude gets a +15 enchant on their weapon, and you only able to get +9-12. he is going out dps you no matter the class or gems lvl.
    so, the badass class in MS2 is RNG.
    btw about enchat, after +9 if you fail the weapon becomes red and you can no longer enchat it anymore (there was a time in KMS if it turns red, it will be destroy in 10 days). hope we won't get that version at all.
    Forum_LurkerXxSarinxXStellar_Cow
  • RandgriftRandgrift
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,425
    edited 11:11AM April 25, 2018
    Calm down, play the game for a class you like, don't be a " D*ck'o'Meter pleb "

> Muuuh DPS
    > Muuuuh STRONG
    AmpuleNazhulDanDKFatFluffyOneNilremForum_LurkerMenshy_IriniStellar_CowultrakatizKrampusand 4 others.
  • WhiskeryWhiskery
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 635
    Burst DPS vs Sustain will also come into play a bit.
    Melee vs Range will also affect total effective dps.
    Having to disengage from melee range will balance out the ranged dps i think.
    From the videos i've seen, all dps focused classes have relative dps based upon build, skill set, and timing.

all this to say, i'm looking forward to finding out which class fits me the best :)
    Forum_Lurker
  • aaryonnaaryonn
    Randgrift wrote: »

> Muuuh DPS
    > Muuuuh STRONG

Thanks for your input but i like what potentially does the most damage.
    JuyaForum_LurkerAmylicioussThisIsVege
  • UbermanUberman
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,800
    Best DPS? the Knight ofcourse.
    Bribzy
  • CwupCwup
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    On paper thief should do the most. But, not one human can play it so perfectly. One mistake kills dps. So assassin zerk for bossing. Wizard for farming
    Forum_LurkerShawnyy
  • TimeGoddessTimeGoddess
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    Randgrift wrote: »

> Muuuh DPS
    > Muuuuh STRONG

Well, sad to say but the Korean MMO's all have the whole "OPTIMUM PLAYSTYLE FOR MAD DEEPS AND FAST CLEARS" BS going on. Not surprising that people want to know how to have the most potential in the future without "Playing a boring tank" or "Playing the predictable mandatory healbot".
    JuyaForum_LurkerAmyliciouss
  • RandgriftRandgrift
    @TimeGoddess
    Putting the community aside, who force you do this ? nobody.
    I know some people want to tryhard, i understand that, it's just the game isn't even out yet people already asking.
    Oh, and i need people like them, to sell stuff everytimes they are going to reroll to stay on the hypetrain.
    Forum_LurkerAlexFromCaliultrakatiz
  • VomittzVomittz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,440
    edited 2:23PM April 25, 2018
    The random testiness in this thread just makes me happy I've always been a 'boring tank / mandatory healbot' kinda person ;)

Anyways if thief type classes play like they did in MS1 they'll probably do a ton of damage but be really expensive to play.
    DanDKForum_LurkerBribzy1skanderLa3elle
  • SeulbiSeulbi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 10,820
    Let's hopefully this won't be another dragon nest where class discrimination can be a serious issue here for a raid o.o
    DanDKJuyaNilremTimeGoddessForum_LurkerHasoriBurnedLineLa3elleLeonneo
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,220
    edited 2:43PM April 25, 2018
    What people forget to take into account for these discussions is that all classes are supposed to be balanced at any given point in the game. MMOs are dynamic, which means that there will be constant updates and constant balance changes. This means that every class is going to be more or less balanced relative to each other over time and nothing remains significantly stronger than anything else for long unless the game is dead and Nexon stops updating it anymore.
    This means that everyone should just play whatever they want. If it's comparatively weak it'll get buffed and if it's strong it'll get nerfed sooner or later.
    EDIT: If one class has consistent high DPS output it could just have other disadvantages, such as tankiness or range. So if you're looking for a specific playstyle it's reasonable enough to ask the question, as long as you claim that anything is generally 'better' than anything else.
    losporcoForum_Lurker
  • RandgriftRandgrift
    edited 2:56PM April 25, 2018
    @Seulbi
    Seulbi wrote: »
    Let's hopefully this won't be another dragon nest where class discrimination can be a serious issue here for a raid o.o

> Only Raven ! *2 patch later* Only Ripper no Raven !
    > Want Crus stuff no noob ! with 3rd stats plate !
    > Only Seleana !
    > Need heal ! *kick anything except inqui*

Welcome to asian mmorpg. it's going to happen like every mmo, don't worry.
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,465
    At one point about 6-8 months ago, all of the solo videos of bosses were by an Assassin. So im assuming they have the best kit to be the best soloers. Range + dashing.
    Forum_LurkerAlexFromCali
  • SunnyrainbowsSunnyrainbows
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,235
    I am going to play Thief.
    Forum_Lurkerbolder_tasteNoobStoryCathieSpaise